U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should a convicted rapist be castrated?
Yes 18 34.62%
Yes, but only in certain circumstances 9 17.31%
No, it's cruel and unusual punishment 21 40.38%
Not sure 4 7.69%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 04:50 AM

12,374 posts, read 15,359,696 times

Advertisements

It would be a "eunuch" experience for those convicted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2019, 12:11 PM

5,326 posts, read 1,052,445 times
Like the death penalty, castration should be done only when you have irrefutable proof or evidence the suspect committed the crime. An innocent person going through either is something that cannot be undone. Sure, one could argue there is surgery to repair a damaged genitalia. However, a replacement is not the same as losing something you were born with.

Old Today, 02:57 PM

9,114 posts, read 14,416,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotdotdashdashdot View Post
If the court has proven beyond reasonable doubt that a man has raped (defined as vaginal or anal penetration) a woman, man, or child by use of force or coercion, should that rapist be subjected to castration as part of his punishment?
We don't sever the hands of people who steal, beat their wives or light fires. Why would we castrate a rapist?

Old Today, 03:04 PM
Status: "beware: jokes about biden are against the TOS" (set 14 days ago)

1,005 posts, read 186,903 times
Eh rape is tough. I just watched the Steubenville rape case documentary on Netflix. The two males were convicted of rape. However the female wasn't without fault. Their situation is certainly not deserving of castration.

Child molesters (and I mean children, not 17 year olds) on the other hand should be executed without exception.

Old Today, 03:05 PM
Status: "beware: jokes about biden are against the TOS" (set 14 days ago)

1,005 posts, read 186,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
We don't sever the hands of people who steal, beat their wives or light fires. Why would we castrate a rapist?
we kill people for doing horrible things tho

Old Today, 03:06 PM

19,106 posts, read 9,280,076 times
Rape is a horrible crime of violence. However, there has been instances where men have been were wrongly charged, and convicted then incarcerated. I'd hate to do that to an innocent person, although with DNA technology, I don't know if that happens as much anymore.

Old Today, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
we kill people for doing horrible things tho
Right. We have the death penalty for capital murder. Rape is certainly terrible, but it's not murder. People are beaten to within an inch of their lives and we don't sever their hands for it. Rape doesn't come close to that kind of horror.

Old Today, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
Child molesters (and I mean children, not 17 year olds) on the other hand should be executed without exception.
Why?

Old Today, 04:07 PM

7,169 posts, read 3,994,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Right. We have the death penalty for capital murder. Rape is certainly terrible, but it's not murder. People are beaten to within an inch of their lives and we don't sever their hands for it. Rape doesn't come close to that kind of horror.
Really? The guy who raped me kicked, punched and stomped my head. He fractured my eye socket, fractured 3 of my ribs, left a permanent bite scar on my shoulder... and tried to strangle me. Unless you have been a party to a rape and a severe beating... you shouldnít judge the severity, and the aftermath of a rape.
No big deal... you didnít die! I wonít go into more of the detail of what he did to me, but I can say.. it was both terrifying and HORRIBLE!
I donít advocate castration/death, but I wouldnít mind having someone do to him... what he did to me.

Old Today, 04:12 PM

30,339 posts, read 16,717,706 times
No, the legal system has proven its incompetence.
How would like to be falsly accused, undergo castration and then have the verdict overturned when new evidence is later discovered?
Same holds for capital punishment. Do you want to entrust your life or family jewels to the state?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or