U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should a convicted rapist be castrated?
Yes 24 38.10%
Yes, but only in certain circumstances 11 17.46%
No, it's cruel and unusual punishment 24 38.10%
Not sure 4 6.35%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 04:17 PM

30,804 posts, read 20,319,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Rape is not about sex. It is about power and control.
You think sex isn't about power?

FTR, no one controls anyone. Even with a gun to your head, you still have a free will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 04:22 PM

1,415 posts, read 301,412 times
Several states have already experimented with chemical castration laws for sexual offenses, including, perhaps surprisingly, California. It has been used voluntarily as a condition for parole of child molesters.

Old Yesterday, 04:22 PM

8,387 posts, read 3,290,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Rape is not about sex. It is about power and control.
All sorts of motivations for all sorts of different kinds of rapes. Sometimes it's sex, sometimes it's power, sometimes both, sometimes maybe there's mental illness involved. There's no one thing though.

Old Yesterday, 04:24 PM

5,410 posts, read 2,905,123 times
The Constitution forbids cruel and unusual punishment.

Castration would probably qualify.

The other concerns around falsely accused people are also valid and another reason it's probably a bad idea.

Old Yesterday, 04:55 PM

2,951 posts, read 1,075,402 times
OP, what is your solution for the female school teachers that rape their underaged male students?

Old Yesterday, 04:57 PM

8,387 posts, read 3,290,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
OP, what is your solution for the female school teachers that rape their underaged male students?
Sew it shut!

Old Yesterday, 05:17 PM

24,857 posts, read 12,240,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotdotdashdashdot View Post
If the court has proven beyond reasonable doubt that a man has raped (defined as vaginal or anal penetration) a woman, man, or child by use of force or coercion, should that rapist be subjected to castration as part of his punishment?
Castrate, then execute.

Old Yesterday, 05:40 PM

3,395 posts, read 1,354,216 times
Every convicted rapist should be taken outside of the courthouse, in the public courtyard, strapped via zip ties to a 2x12 board with conveniently and strategically located holes, then very slowly fed into an industrial sized chipper shredder, feet first so everyone can see the POS's facial expressions and hear that dirtbag scream... and the entire thing should be recorded and then played on local and national news.

But then again, that's just MY opinion, for what it's worth.

Old Yesterday, 05:47 PM

7,582 posts, read 6,770,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Right. We have the death penalty for capital murder. Rape is certainly terrible, but it's not murder. People are beaten to within an inch of their lives and we don't sever their hands for it. Rape doesn't come close to that kind of horror.

What a doltish, ignorant thing to say.

Have you ever been raped? My guess is no, and you don't have a clue what it's like for the victims and you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Rape IS a violent beating. It's a painful, demoralizing, terrifying assault that can kill people, especially young children, and it's done with the sadistic intent to cause pain and harm. It's a declaration of war and it's used as a war tactic to beat people down.

Castration is just another form of rape, so tit for tat, yes rapists should be castrated. What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander, and well deserved. Let the victims see it given back as rough as it was got.

If somebody raped me I'd want to be the person manipulating the knife that castrated him. At least I'd be efficient, quick and clean about it as a mercy. My mother always used to say the castration of rapists should be done slowly in filthy, deplorable conditions with a bacteria infested, rusty, jagged edged tin can lid.

Old Yesterday, 06:07 PM

9,121 posts, read 14,416,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Really? The guy who raped me kicked, punched and stomped my head. He fractured my eye socket, fractured 3 of my ribs, left a permanent bite scar on my shoulder... and tried to strangle me.
I'm truly sorry about what happened to you. Truly.

Quote:
Unless you have been a party to a rape and a severe beating... you shouldn’t judge the severity, and the aftermath of a rape.
I have been battered more times than I care to count and raped by 3 different men over the course of my lifetime (4 depending on who you ask). Do I have a say now?

Quote:
No big deal... you didn’t die!
You quoted me. How does "Rape is certainly terrible" translate to "No big deal...you didn't die"?

Quote:
I won’t go into more of the detail of what he did to me, but I can say.. it was both terrifying and HORRIBLE!
Like I said, terrible, and I'm so very sorry you experienced that.

Quote:
I don’t advocate castration/death, but I wouldn’t mind having someone do to him... what he did to me.
I'd wish death on the guy, personally, but we're talking about castration for rape wrt to the law (I think?). All those other things he did to you was battery, not rape. He would have been charged with each crime separately.

Last edited by PassTheChocolate; Yesterday at 06:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or