U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should a convicted rapist be castrated?
Yes 23 38.33%
Yes, but only in certain circumstances 10 16.67%
No, it's cruel and unusual punishment 23 38.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 06:19 PM

9,120 posts, read 14,416,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
What a doltish, ignorant thing to say.

Have you ever been raped? My guess is no, and you don't have a clue what it's like for the victims and you don't have a clue what you're talking about.
And here we go again. Yes, I have. By 3 different men (4 depending on who you ask). I have a clue.

Quote:
Rape IS a violent beating.
Quote:
It's a painful, demoralizing, terrifying assault that can kill people, especially young children, and it's done with the sadistic intent to cause pain and harm. It's a declaration of war and it's used as a war tactic to beat people down.
You also quoted me but somehow missed the part where I said it was "certainly terrible". Why do you folks do this? What is the payoff for you?

Quote:
Castration is just another form of rape, so tit for tat, yes rapists should be castrated.
Castration is literally NOT a form of rape. It's not. Goose/gander, tit-for-tat would be to rape the rapist.

Quote:
If somebody raped me I'd want to be the person manipulating the knife that castrated him. At least I'd be efficient, quick and clean about it as a mercy. My mother always used to say the castration of rapists should be done slowly in filthy, deplorable conditions with a bacteria infested, rusty, jagged edged tin can lid.
IF somebody raped you? So you've never been raped but want to shut me down as someone who has never been raped and don't know what I'm talking about? GTFOH LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Rape is a horrible crime of violence. However, there has been instances where men have been were wrongly charged, and convicted then incarcerated. I'd hate to do that to an innocent person, although with DNA technology, I don't know if that happens as much anymore.
It happens a lot more than you think, especially on college campuses. They may not always go to jail but the stench sticks with them.

Old Today, 06:22 PM

13,433 posts, read 4,084,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Right. We have the death penalty for capital murder. Rape is certainly terrible, but it's not murder. People are beaten to within an inch of their lives and we don't sever their hands for it. Rape doesn't come close to that kind of horror.
I agree with you. I think there is a lot of hype and hysteria surrounding heterosexual rape.

Old Today, 06:26 PM

834 posts, read 287,917 times
Rape happens waaaaaaaay more often than many think. If we castrated all the men who had sexual intercourse with an unwilling partner we'd have serious population issues.

Old Today, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Rape is not about sex. It is about power and control.
That myth has been debunked. Rape is, first and foremost, about sex.

Old Today, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I agree with you. I think there is a lot of hype and hysteria surrounding heterosexual rape.
About rape in general. A lot of falsehoods and ideology at work.

Old Today, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
You think sex isn't about power?

FTR, no one controls anyone. Even with a gun to your head, you still have a free will.
Even with a gun to your head? Wut???

Old Today, 06:33 PM

9,671 posts, read 9,419,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotdotdashdashdot View Post
If the court has proven beyond reasonable doubt that a man has raped (defined as vaginal or anal penetration) a woman, man, or child by use of force or coercion, should that rapist be subjected to castration as part of his punishment?
Should thieves have their hands chopped off?

And do you think "reasonable doubt" is sufficient for something so drastic?

By the way, you missed your chance to make the poll more interesting by dividing it by the gender of the voters.

Old Today, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Should thieves have their hands chopped off?

And, by the way, do you think "reasonable doubt" is sufficient for something so drastic?
People are so rabid about rape, to the point that some think it's the worst thing that could happen to a woman. Like death would be a better fate. In.sane.

Old Today, 06:37 PM

10,371 posts, read 3,956,716 times
A rapist can still sexually violate a person by using his hands or an object.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or