U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-23-2019, 08:38 PM
 
Location: Jersey
2,305 posts, read 3,418,253 times
Reputation: 2042

Advertisements

Legally speaking, Tlaib is white and AOC could identify as white.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-23-2019, 09:40 PM
 
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
7,200 posts, read 4,076,708 times
Reputation: 13338
I am so sick of Americans being pitted against one another.
We are all Americans, and I am sick of people trying to divide us on things like ethnicity, religion, political affiliation, race, etc.
We need leadership that works on uniting us and bringing us together, not dividing us and tearing us apart.
Attached Thumbnails
Why Does “The Squad” Not Include Any White Members of Congress?-american.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2019, 10:19 PM
 
2,843 posts, read 4,544,795 times
Reputation: 1640
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I’m tired of it. I’m darker than both AOC and Tlaib. I don’t use my color as an excuse to silence others and nobody else should, either. This “person of color” bull crap is nothing more than armor for weak people who need protection from their stupid opinions.
A friend and I were sitting outside her house the other day as they were loading up their Uhaul to move. She said the same thing (she is Cambodian). We both agreed that it makes us sick that it's played so much. She said that so many are missing out on such awesome people by looking at color vs who they are (completely agree with her too). I'm sure going to miss her,her family...and her momma's egg rolls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2019, 01:27 AM
 
51,001 posts, read 27,022,303 times
Reputation: 16026
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Their top priority is taking stuff from whites and giving it to non-whites.
Lol...like most whites have anything worth taking. From where I sit, most whites are living on the edge. And I’m not swayed by excessive displays of ostentation either. Most of that crap is financed on credit.

So nah...that ain’t it. Thinking that does help you with self flattery though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2019, 05:16 AM
 
Location: Just over the horizon
8,249 posts, read 2,838,546 times
Reputation: 4466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Trump defends himself no matter who attacks him.. white, black or whatever.. he doesn't see their color, he hears their attacks on him .. Fact.


This.


For some reason though, Liberals seem to think that being a minority is some type of automatic shield against criticism.

As if the color of their skin, gender confusion etc gives them immunity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2019, 05:18 AM
 
Location: Just over the horizon
8,249 posts, read 2,838,546 times
Reputation: 4466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Ha!


Which white person has Trump demanded to go back to their own country? Which white person has the Trump lemmings shouted SEND HER BACK?


AOC ......


She's whiter than the untanned portions of my Irish ass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2019, 05:21 AM
 
Location: Long Island
33,637 posts, read 14,172,536 times
Reputation: 7203
I never heard anyone ask Tea Party why they are lacking in minorities or women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2019, 05:23 AM
 
Location: NC
7,196 posts, read 5,046,752 times
Reputation: 7956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Do they have something against white women?
So now you think we should bring someone on because of their race, not because of what they stand for or what they are capable of? Interesting....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2019, 05:24 AM
 
Location: USA
18,757 posts, read 9,179,836 times
Reputation: 14106
The "Poor Me Squad" is only interested in using people that hold onto a victim mentality who have no self reliance, self worth, nor accountability. They must identify as "people of color" to continue the poor me, I'm prejudiced against solely because I am brown, and a woman. It is just classic deception.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2019, 05:27 AM
 
Location: USA
18,757 posts, read 9,179,836 times
Reputation: 14106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I never heard anyone ask Tea Party why they are lacking in minorities or women.
Horrible analogy. The Tea Party was a grass roots, voluntary movement. If there were fewer minorities or women they CHOSE not to join. In fact there were many women and some minorities but that doesn't fit your biased narrative.

The Poor Me Squad is a group of POLTIICIANS. Totally different dynamic from the Tea Party, but you have to create a Strawman to deflect, and continue your dishonesty, don't you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top