U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-24-2019, 05:28 AM
TKO
 
Location: On the Border
3,223 posts, read 3,172,334 times
Reputation: 2582

Advertisements

Because the "Squad" is a Fox News construct created to give a brown face to Trump's enemies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-24-2019, 05:30 AM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,576 posts, read 11,681,593 times
Reputation: 4373
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
AOC and Tlaib are white. They only became POC when it was convenient to beat Trump over the head with racism claims. Progressives have called Hispanics white for years when it aids their numbers game. As far as Tlaib goes, if a Jew is considered white than so should a Palestinian. People only become POC when it aids their racism claims.
Hispanic is a culture(Spanish speaking country of origin), not a race. You can be any color and be hispanic

Do you just assume there are no black or white people in Mexico/Central America and that they are all brown skinned ?????????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2019, 05:33 AM
 
Location: NC
7,216 posts, read 5,050,919 times
Reputation: 7965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Horrible analogy. The Tea Party was a grass roots, voluntary movement. If there were fewer minorities or women they CHOSE not to join. In fact there were many women and some minorities but that doesn't fit your biased narrative.

The Poor Me Squad is a group of POLTIICIANS. Totally different dynamic from the Tea Party, but you have to create a Strawman to deflect, and continue your dishonesty, don't you?
And just yesterday everyone was banging on one of them for being a grass roots activist at a Trump rally. You guys need to have a huddle, decide which lies you're going with, and stick to the story.


I'm not really a fan of the squad, but I support their earned right to propose whatever they want, and I reject the racist attacks on them by our POTUS and his base. The only reason I speak up at all is because I'm afraid (yes afraid) to remain silent. Silence and ambivalence did not end well 80+ years ago, and I won't be part of it now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2019, 06:01 AM
 
Location: Austin TX
6,524 posts, read 3,624,348 times
Reputation: 8478
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Hispanic is a culture(Spanish speaking country of origin), not a race. You can be any color and be hispanic

Do you just assume there are no black or white people in Mexico/Central America and that they are all brown skinned ?????????
Yes, I’m well aware of that.

AOC’s ethnicity is Hispanic. Her race is Caucasoid. That makes her white by every racial standard in place today. So why does she suddenly become a “POC” when it’s vital to create racial division? Same with Tlaib. She is also Caucasian - white.

Omar and Pressley are black - their race is Negroid. They are “people of color”.

Are we now bending racial lines to allow anybody with tan skin to call themselves a “person of color?” Because I’m ethnically Hawaiian, darker than AOC or Tlaib, but correctly identify myself as white, because I’m not a Negroid or a Mongoloid. My husband is a Jew - so if Tlaib is a “POC” I guess he is now, too?

This racial animus has grown beyond retarded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2019, 06:04 AM
 
Location: USA
18,816 posts, read 9,202,415 times
Reputation: 14151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post

I'm not really a fan of the squad, but I support their earned right to propose whatever they want, and I reject the racist attacks on them by our POTUS and his base. The only reason I speak up at all is because I'm afraid (yes afraid) to remain silent. Silence and ambivalence did not end well 80+ years ago, and I won't be part of it now.
There were NO racist attacks on the Squad. NONE. They are opportunist LIARS. That's all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2019, 06:07 AM
 
5,411 posts, read 2,887,273 times
Reputation: 9884
I'd attend one of their nighttime gatherings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2019, 06:31 AM
 
Location: Long Island
33,661 posts, read 14,182,403 times
Reputation: 7215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
There were NO racist attacks on the Squad. NONE. They are opportunist LIARS. That's all.
There were racist statements by the president, I don't know why this small group of freshman women sets people off. None of their more radical proposals will see the light of day in the house and a cure for cancer couldn't get through the senate, so why the obsession.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2019, 07:30 AM
 
Location: NY
4,172 posts, read 1,075,073 times
Reputation: 2469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Do they have something against white women?
Nope......just people spewing anti American vitriol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2019, 07:34 AM
 
Location: NY
4,172 posts, read 1,075,073 times
Reputation: 2469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There were racist statements by the president, I don't know why this small group of freshman women sets people off. None of their more radical proposals will see the light of day in the house and a cure for cancer couldn't get through the senate, so why the obsession.
so why the obsession.

This is what the democratic party machine has done from the first day President Donald Trump stepped into office and
has been relentless ever since. I am proud that we have an American that will shutdown any one regardless of race color
or creed that uses any public platform to mock our country while Democrats play the woman/race card............Foolish ....dems.


President Donald Trump 2020.......woo......hoo............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2019, 07:48 AM
Status: "JESUS CHRIST IS LORD" (set 24 days ago)
 
5,501 posts, read 1,128,720 times
Reputation: 3059
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
AOC and Tlaib are white. They only became POC when it was convenient to beat Trump over the head with racism claims. Progressives have called Hispanics white for years when it aids their numbers game. As far as Tlaib goes, if a Jew is considered white than so should a Palestinian. People only become POC when it aids their racism claims.
Yep. They're "White" when they need to be. "Black", "Asian" or "Hispanic" when they need to be.

Whatever fits the moment in time that they need to delude their minions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top