U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-24-2019, 01:38 PM
 
Location: Barrington
46,817 posts, read 34,436,076 times
Reputation: 15552

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
We send them billion$, yet we supposedly can't take care of our own.

Universal healthcare, free abortion, subsidized college tuition! If Israel can do it, and we respect Israel so much, why can't we?
US could, if another country gave the US the equivalent of $8000 per capita for our defense. That way the US would be able to use funding that otherwise would be necessary for defense on other things.

Israelís population is 1/36 the size of the US. Itís land mass is a tiny fraction of the US.

Israel has Universal Healthcare. No two countries do Universal Healthcare the same way. Universal Healthcare rarely means national healthcare or single payer.

Healthcare is a right in Israel. Participation in the public insurance system is mandatory. The country subsidizes premiums for low income people. Private insurance is highly desirable because it provides the insured with choice of providers, more elective procedures and more medications than is offered with basic public insurance.

There is huge emphasis on personal responsibility as it relates to health. The obesity rate is less than half the rate in the US.

k-12 education is public and mandatory unless enrolled in a qualified private religious school. Universities charge tuition- about the equivalent of $7500 USD before scholarships.

Conscription is mandatory.

There is no right to bear arms and most private citizens do not own guns. The culture does not trend violent.the violence in the US contributes to the cost of healthcare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-24-2019, 01:56 PM
 
Location: Barrington
46,817 posts, read 34,436,076 times
Reputation: 15552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
We send billions more to Muslim-majority countries. Why pick on Israel? (And if they're ahead of Muslim countries economically and technically and scientifically and medically, that's largely because Jews place a big emphasis on education.)
Israel has been the single greatest beneficiary of US aid since itís inception.

The current population of Israel is about the size of the state of Virginia. It has a reasonably strong safety net for its citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2019, 02:02 PM
 
Location: Barrington
46,817 posts, read 34,436,076 times
Reputation: 15552
Israel taxes all income, including income from abroad.

Corporations pay 23%. Individuals pay a progressive tax rate , 10-50%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2019, 02:07 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn, New York
3,807 posts, read 3,896,613 times
Reputation: 3623
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
US could, if another country gave the US the equivalent of $8000 per capita for our defense. That way the US would be able to use funding that otherwise would be necessary for defense on other things.
I'd like to see your source for this. US aid to Israel is around $3.3-3.8 billion per year. Israeli own defense budget is ~$15 billion per year (it is actually probably even more than that, $15 billion only accounts for public military spending).
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Israel taxes all income, including income from abroad.

Corporations pay 23%. Individuals pay a progressive tax rate , 10-50%.
Israel also has fairly strict immigration laws and a *big beautiful* border wall that is very effective in stopping any illegal migrants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2019, 02:26 PM
 
Location: Barrington
46,817 posts, read 34,436,076 times
Reputation: 15552
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
Too harsh to say US doesnt have them. Education is still available without paying a dime.

I am also very intrested to know how much the banks charge in Israel. nominal interest or the outrageous interest rates that feed off the poor. ( And many banks are run by them in USA and want to see if the double standard exists).
May I assume you are referring to unsecured consumer debt, credit cards?

Incurring credit card debt is a personal choice. No one is forced to have a credit card. Most US states have caps on rates for unsecured consumer debt. For this reason, most credit cards are issued in the few states with no caps. Issuers are upfront about their rates and those conditions which allow for rate acceleration.

I pay for nearly everything with a credit card including a $1 Coke or Ice Tea at McDonalds. I enjoy a monthly statement which shows where my money goes and I pay balances in full. If I canít afford it, I donít buy it. Hopefully my rainy day fund will continue to be adequate for unexpected expenses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2019, 02:43 PM
 
2,339 posts, read 677,758 times
Reputation: 1972
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post

We send them billion$, yet we supposedly can't take care of our own.

Universal healthcare, free abortion, subsidized college tuition! If Israel can do it, and we respect Israel so much, why can't we?
The short answer is that we have tens of millions of losers, all of whom have their hands out as they enjoy their free ride in the wagon, sniveling all the while about how they don't get enough free sh*t.

We have far fewer pulling the wagon (i.e., actual taxpayers).

Get the 47% of federal tax filers who pay no income tax back on the tax rolls, and then you might have enough revenue to address these "issues" (to the extent that any rational person could view a lack of free abortions to be an issue worth addressing in any event.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2019, 12:02 AM
 
3,706 posts, read 1,599,658 times
Reputation: 2556
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
May I assume you are referring to unsecured consumer debt, credit cards?

Incurring credit card debt is a personal choice. No one is forced to have a credit card. Most US states have caps on rates for unsecured consumer debt. For this reason, most credit cards are issued in the few states with no caps. Issuers are upfront about their rates and those conditions which allow for rate acceleration.

I pay for nearly everything with a credit card including a $1 Coke or Ice Tea at McDonalds. I enjoy a monthly statement which shows where my money goes and I pay balances in full. If I canít afford it, I donít buy it. Hopefully my rainy day fund will continue to be adequate for unexpected expenses.
That doesnt take away the ripoffs rhats done bt the banks. If some one needs a car , they ll still approve and get that miracle loan. Because banks got nothing to lose.


Do you know how much they charge in israel? I go to the extreme thinking that since everyone is a jew, they might not even charge interest among themselves?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2019, 04:49 AM
 
340 posts, read 126,964 times
Reputation: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post


Do you know how much they charge in israel? I go to the extreme thinking that since everyone is a jew, they might not even charge interest among themselves?

So in other words, your an Anti-Semitic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2019, 08:08 AM
 
3,706 posts, read 1,599,658 times
Reputation: 2556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosep View Post
So in other words, your an Anti-Semitic?
No Mr.rachel976.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2019, 10:38 AM
 
340 posts, read 126,964 times
Reputation: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
No Mr.rachel976.

OK, so you just believe the Jews control the US banking industry, demand usurious interest from Goys and zero interest from fellow Jews.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top