U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2019, 10:41 AM

12,967 posts, read 3,290,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I never said she wasn't a citizen. I said she lied -- and even then, I backtracked and said that maybe I was mistaken. Go back and read my posts if you don't believe me. If I am wrong and you can prove it by linking my post, I will admit that I was wrong.

Actually, you know what? It is not just you (not by a long shot), but many of the posts on the P&OC column are frustrating and angering me because of all the distortions going on, so I am taking a break for the rest of today, at least (although I will be back).

For all of you on both sides of the issue who have somehow managed to remain civil, I salute you.
What's also important is to check our initial notions in the first place, because sometimes those biases are what causes us to "step in it" and then forcing us to "backtrack." We're all well beyond reason anyway, so no worries and good luck with any expectation people "manage to remain civil" though I always like the idea...

Why We Believe What We Do...

Tell me we're not all hopelessly beyond reason. Who might change their mind about this or any other bias they bring to this forum? Anybody?

Old 07-18-2019, 10:41 AM

74 posts, read 12,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I never said she wasn't a citizen. I said she lied -- and even then, I backtracked and said that maybe I was mistaken. Go back and read my posts if you don't believe me. If I am wrong and you can prove it by linking my post, I will admit that I was wrong.

Actually, you know what? It is not just you (not by a long shot), but many of the posts on the P&OC column are frustrating and angering me because of all the distortions going on, so I am taking a break for the rest of today, at least (although I will be back).

For all of you on both sides of the issue who have somehow managed to remain civil, I salute you.

I get it. I stopped coming here about 6 years ago. Most of what you get here are incredibly frustrated trolls who probably don't have the guts to say things in day to day conversations that they feel comfortable spewing out from the safety of their keyboard.
It would be nice to have a poli board where you can have civil discussions with people from all different sides, and views. Arguments and debates would happen, but if someone was obviously trolling, or showing zero interest in being civil they would get blocked for a period of time.

Old 07-18-2019, 10:43 AM

11,798 posts, read 4,987,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
This is pretty well known. I'm surprised you haven't heard this, or if you have, I'm surprised you think it's a lie. You do realize that in Islam it's acceptable to marry your brother, do you not?

You might want to do some research. You are obviously uninformed on this.
Prove it.

It may be pretty well known...among the right wing nut jobs and Alex Jones types.

Prove your claim with reliable sources.

27,268 posts, read 9,256,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
That's you deciding to use that term, not me.
That's the one gift from Comey that keeps on giving !!! He couldn't determine intent but every political person on the left and right can !!! Amazing how that works !!! Laughable really !!!

No matter the words, intent, is the in, or the out on everything !!!

"WHAT WE GOT HERE IS FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE", who said that ?

6,469 posts, read 3,579,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Because I can read about what happened. I make it a point to never watch him or listen to his voice. Are you denying they said that?
I’m laughing at you first stating that Trump was saying “send her back” at the rally, then after being corrected on your mistake admitting that you didn’t actually watch the rally, but then stating that Trump was “whipping up the crowd”.

You’re just kind of running your mouth, without much rhyme or reason. You could save everybody loads of time here by just saying “I really dislike Trump” and just be done with it.

12,967 posts, read 3,290,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce1 View Post
I get it. I stopped coming here about 6 years ago. Most of what you get here are incredibly frustrated trolls who probably don't have the guts to say things in day to day conversations that they feel comfortable spewing out from the safety of their keyboard.
It would be nice to have a poli board where you can have civil discussions with people from all different sides, and views. Arguments and debates would happen, but if someone was obviously trolling, or showing zero interest in being civil they would get blocked for a period of time.
I think I'm close to being where you were six years ago...

What brought you back?

32,760 posts, read 16,746,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
"Unsubstantiated?" According to whom? CNN? MSNBC?
Unsubstantiated is kinda the default position for rumors. Up until someone backs it up with some sort of substantial evidence. Right there in the name.

Glad we got that cleared up.

Old 07-18-2019, 10:45 AM

3,347 posts, read 2,347,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Sorry, that wasn't what I meant. He did whip the crowd up, yes. I didn't watch him so I don't know what he said. I do know the crowd chanted send her back. It's all just so stupid.

He keeps following the same routine as a dictator. His way or get out. OK, book me on a plane he mentioned trying to land on that revolutionary war era airport. Maybe pick up his father he said was born in Germany.

Old 07-18-2019, 10:45 AM

2,209 posts, read 1,479,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Good luck, OP. Most racists don't think they're actually racist because they don't wear a hood. They only accept blatant racism and see none in the more subtle tones.
I fail to see how anything Trump said was racist. The problem isn't with what Trump said but rather with the Democratic party's obsession with identity politics, and playing the race card every chance they get to drum up votes and silence the opposition.

Old 07-18-2019, 10:46 AM

18,344 posts, read 10,207,483 times
The Fourth Reich is now forming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies