U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2019, 10:47 AM

71 posts, read 12,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I think I'm close to being where you were six years ago...

What brought you back?
A boring job with a lot of down time. LOL
I'm going to quit again soon, I promise

Old 07-18-2019, 10:48 AM

6,911 posts, read 3,440,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Have you read Trumpís quotes specific to this issue? Itís a simple yes or no question. I havenít suggested that youíve done anything ... yet.
Yep

Old 07-18-2019, 10:49 AM

14,731 posts, read 9,167,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
No, the Trump family chain migration actually happened.
But....

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/09/n...-citizens.html

Even as his in-laws were going through the process, Mr. Trump was denouncing it. In November, he tweeted, ďCHAIN MIGRATION must end now! Some people come in, and they bring their whole family with them, who can be truly evil. NOT ACCEPTABLE!Ē

Guess those donít apply to Trump.

Old 07-18-2019, 10:50 AM

2,209 posts, read 1,479,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Yep
So explain how what he stated in his rally speach and what the crowd chanted was racist.

Old 07-18-2019, 10:51 AM

12,928 posts, read 3,282,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
He keeps following the same routine as a dictator. His way or get out.
More the problem is that for those who agree with Trump and his way, they seem altogether also willing to accept the ways of a dictator, even to the point of promoting them, cheering them on. Good thing we have a constitution and the rule of law or just enough of these people could turn America into another casualty of fascism, the perfect breeding ground for any dictator, as history has clearly shown.

Word of caution, however. America is not immune from these sorts of dangerous influences!

Old 07-18-2019, 10:51 AM

26,950 posts, read 17,460,673 times
Quote:
'Face of Evil': Fascism Scholar Calls Out Trump Rally Crowd

An American philosopher and expert in fascism says the country is "facing an emergency" after what has been branded "one of the single most racist moments in modern American political history" at a Trump rally on Wednesday night.

The night before, Stanley had been left "shocked" after watching video of President Donald Trump's rally in Greenville, North Carolina, where supporters chanted the words, "send her back," as the U.S. leader renewed his racist attacks against Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota, who came to the U.S. as a refugee from Somalia when she was just eight years old.

"I am not easily shocked. But we are facing an emergency," the Yale professor and author of the book How Fascism Works wrote on Twitter

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...e-evil-1449923
One need not be a professor to plainly see what a dangerous monstrosity Trump is.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 07-18-2019 at 11:11 AM..

Old 07-18-2019, 10:53 AM

6,403 posts, read 3,545,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Yep
Great, then you are aware that he mentioned no names or ethnic slurs in his tweets. He merely told them if they don’t like America to go home. Waters told progressives to tell conservatives that they are no longer welcome here. She didn’t mention names or make ethnic slurs, either.

You can rag on Trump all you want for his idiotic “go home” to native-born American women. Major Derp.

But were his words really racist? Well, if you believe they are, then you must also feel the same about Waters’ words. So ask yourself if you are able to be impartial and really think this out, or if you’re going to be blind to reality and just stick with “Trump’s a racist”.

Old 07-18-2019, 10:53 AM

10,325 posts, read 6,327,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The Fourth Reich is now forming.

An interesting read. We are definitely see this play out somewhat...except the complacent ones aren't the ones you think.

https://www.whatreallyhappened.com/W...LES/reich.html

This is a quote from member "RINGWISE" from another thread.

Not a coincidence. Once they start branding everything that existed during that time as racist, the next step will be to call for the end of the Constitution, the Electoral College, the Bill of Rights, and the 2nd Amendment.

People seem to equate Trump to a dictator, but seeing all the things listed above attacked is far more scarier than whatever Trump can come up with. The demise of our country won't be from religious puritans but the far opposite side.

Old 07-18-2019, 10:54 AM

2,209 posts, read 1,479,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
One need not be a professor to plainly see what a dangerous monstrosity Trump is.
No, one only needs to be bias and politically motivated.

Old 07-18-2019, 10:54 AM

12,928 posts, read 3,282,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce1 View Post
A boring job with a lot of down time. LOL
I'm going to quit again soon, I promise
I'm retired now, with some time on my hands in the mornings to check the news, do emails and check in with this forum. I like to think I'm not stupid, but I keep wondering why I waste the time in this forum, reading stupid stuff. At first, I thought maybe countering the ignorance might serve some purpose (having worked a time in the education field), but then I came to realize that notion was proving ignorant too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies