U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2019, 10:56 AM

13,044 posts, read 3,323,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
One need not be a professor to plainly see what a dangerous monstrosity Trump is.
What a coincidence to see your comment immediately following mine.

Old 07-18-2019, 10:58 AM

9,352 posts, read 2,865,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I’m laughing at you first stating that Trump was saying “send her back” at the rally, then after being corrected on your mistake admitting that you didn’t actually watch the rally, but then stating that Trump was “whipping up the crowd”.

You’re just kind of running your mouth, without much rhyme or reason. You could save everybody loads of time here by just saying “I really dislike Trump” and just be done with it.
The facts are the facts. I told you I misspoke. Take that or not. And yes, I despise Trump. And I despise what he has done and continues to do to this country.

Old 07-18-2019, 10:58 AM

2,424 posts, read 663,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
BTW, Trump said they CAN go back.

People who understand the meaning of words can distinguish the difference.

He said tgey can go back, fix their problems and then return to show us how to do it.
So, it is ok, in your book, to arrogantly tell American citizens, duly elected U.S. congresswomen, to 'go back' because the GOP has given them permission to return to their USA home and job. Read the tweet, the phrase indeed was "go back". And last night's crowd got it.

With all due respect, sir, isn't it possible that you do not understand the meaning of words, if I may borrow your phrase?

President Trump used a longstanding slur against African Americans and other minorities and people who do not look like him and his crowds. The ‘go back’ trope is deeply rooted in the history of racism in the United States. Racist is the proper term to apply to the language he used Sunday and to the chants he encouraged and did not stop, last evening. Period!

BTW: They were also misogynistic and xenophobic.

On the topic of "words" here is an article answering your query about distinction. Perhaps you will find it of interest, as words do matter!

'Go Back Where You Came From': The Long Rhetorical Roots Of Trump's Racist Tweets

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/15/74182...-racist-tweets

Last edited by corpgypsy; 07-18-2019 at 11:14 AM..

Old 07-18-2019, 11:02 AM

5,091 posts, read 1,846,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Trump is a racist POS and anyone in the crowd participating in that chant is as well.

I guarantee you that will be played over and over because most Americans find it repulsive.
If you oppose Trump you have to hope that this gets repeated as many times as possible. It's a bizarre strategy; Trump wants to keep his base, and you would think that he would not rock the boat too much to achieve that. This sort of crazy rhetoric risks losing his more mainstream supporters.

30,425 posts, read 16,765,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Unsubstantiated is kinda the default position for rumors. Up until someone backs it up with some sort of substantial evidence. Right there in the name.

Glad we got that cleared up.
Well, from what I've read, it isn't a rumor, and she is being investigated, not only for the fraud it represents but also for another case of fraud in which she filed a joint tax return with another man, not her husband.

To be fair, it has been written that she did eventually 'divorce' her brother. She refuses to answer questions about her marriage to her brother. So, what does that tell you?

2,209 posts, read 1,483,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
So, it is ok, in your book, to arrogantly tell American citizens (duly elected U.S. congresswomen/born in the USA) to 'go back' because the GOP has given them permission to return to their home and job. Read the tweet, the phrase indeed was "go back". And last night's crowd got it.

With all due respect, sir, isn't it possible that you do not understand the meaning of words, if I may borrow your phrase?

President Trump used a longstanding slur against African Americans and other minorities and people who do not look like him and his crowds. The Ďgo backí trope is deeply rooted in the history of racism in the United States. Racist is the proper term to apply to the language he used Sunday and to the chants he encouraged and did not stop, last evening. Period!

On the topic of "words" here is an article answering your query about distinction. Perhaps you will find it of interest, as words do matter!

'Go Back Where You Came From': The Long Rhetorical Roots Of Trump's Racist Tweets

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/15/74182...-racist-tweets
It's America and there's free speach. Trump "suggesting" that if they hate America, they can go back to their country is not racist and there's nothing at all wrong with what he stated.... Democrats have suggested Republicans do much worse.

Old 07-18-2019, 11:04 AM

30,425 posts, read 16,765,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Prove it.

It may be pretty well known...among the right wing nut jobs and Alex Jones types.

Prove your claim with reliable sources.
I don't read or watch anything from Alex Jones, and I can't help it if you only get your information from CNN and MSNBC.

Old 07-18-2019, 11:05 AM

13,044 posts, read 3,323,918 times
Much of the arguments here in defense of Trump and/or how Trump is not racist and/or xenophobic would be fun to see in the context of how Trump is also not sexist...

About women, Trump said, "“When you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.”

Why is this statement sexist or disrespectful of women?!? There aren't really any words that anyone can label as sexist per se. Trump is married! In fact, Trump has married more than one woman! How can Trump be sexist? There are even women who support Trump! Why would anyone think Trump is sexist?

Must be politically motivated. TDS. Can't possibly be that Trump is ACTUALLY sexist. Or racist, or xenophobic, or not too smart or anything but a good old boy American. Sheesh! Where's my MAGA hat?

Old 07-18-2019, 11:08 AM

88 posts, read 14,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
You still are talking around the question... What was racist about it...
The part where he told Americans to go home....the part that I was responding to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Well I donít know you either, but I can tell you canít read well, for if you could youíd see where I explicitly addressed Trumpís gaffe in my post.

Youíve been at this forum a month. Iíve been here for 11 years. lol. Whoís the troll?
Well ****....that was a major derp on my part as well. I do apologize.

Old 07-18-2019, 11:10 AM

6,524 posts, read 3,610,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce1 View Post
Well ****....that was a major derp on my part as well. I do apologize.
Makiní friends fast!

No worries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies