U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-18-2019, 11:34 AM
Status: "Quo Fata Farunt" (set 8 days ago)
 
Location: Self explanatory
11,774 posts, read 4,977,761 times
Reputation: 15787

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Yes, I attack liberals for failing logic....I applaud the chant whether Trump does or not.
Quite the patriot, aren't you?

 
Old 07-18-2019, 11:34 AM
 
Location: 500 miles from home
30,218 posts, read 16,715,085 times
Reputation: 22737
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
And here you go...Trump 'disavows' (not a word HE would ever use).....the chant from the rally.

Of course his folks told him -- this is not what the President of the USA would support.
I would be willing to bet that the reality star president had a plant in the crowd whose job it was to start the un-American chant.


Trump is walking it back because real Americans are repulsed by what they say. Including Republicans and most certainly independents.
 
Old 07-18-2019, 11:36 AM
 
Location: Washington State
18,857 posts, read 9,703,314 times
Reputation: 16049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Quite the patriot, aren't you?
Yes, do you support someone that applauds Al Queda, the 911 attacks and hates America? I don't and neither do patriots I know.
 
Old 07-18-2019, 11:40 AM
 
2,209 posts, read 1,479,266 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Not racist if Omar was a lily white and from Ireland but had the same deeply racist, anti-semetic, and vulgar anti American views people would feel the same way.
Exactly! Trump's comments are based on him and others belief that they hate the U.S. Democrats playing the race card and calling almost half of the country and most White men racist, sexist, homophobic, Islamophobic, etc every chance they get even when it's not warrented is going to get Trump re-elected. It's what got him elected in the first place... Heck, Democrats are even calling each other racist now too... Apparently Biden, Beto, and Buttigieg are racist too. And because Nacy Pelosi, like Trump, dared to make negative comments against women who happened to be minorities, she's now a racist too...

Keep it up race baiters! 2020 will be a landslide for Trump...
 
Old 07-18-2019, 11:41 AM
Status: "Quo Fata Farunt" (set 8 days ago)
 
Location: Self explanatory
11,774 posts, read 4,977,761 times
Reputation: 15787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Yes, do you support someone that applauds Al Queda, the 911 attacks and hates America? I don't and neither do patriots I know.
Ok, and just who WAS applauding Al-Qaeda, the 9/11 attacks, and hates America?
 
Old 07-18-2019, 11:42 AM
 
1,347 posts, read 301,997 times
Reputation: 1430
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Right. What Trump said about McCain is one of the most despicable things I've heard come out of anyone's mouth, let alone a POTUS, but maybe this helps explain things a bit better too...
As a career military, I never understood how any former or current military member would give him a pass on this (McCain slam) or how he dodged serving. But compared to his racist tendencies, that pales in comparison, imo.
 
Old 07-18-2019, 11:44 AM
 
12,928 posts, read 3,282,040 times
Reputation: 1615
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
So you admit that what he said wasn't racist, but you decide that it was based on other situations that also weren't racist. The other examples you meantioned didn't have to do with race either.

You tell me how is what Trump said racist? I was at the rally by the way. I heard the entire speach. He went on to explain and list thinks that these particular congress women stated. He made a case for why he beleives that they hate America. He specifically stated that if Omar or any other immigrant who comes here should go back to their country if they hate America so much... His comments were based on his opinion of them hating America and NOT because of the color of their skin... You and people like you injected race into what he said. Race or nationality was never meantioned, brought up, or refered to... So I ask you again, explain to me how what Trump said was racist?
I'm always a little amused and suspect of comments that begin with "so you admit..."

I think my comments speak for themselves, more than just a few from various angles, all pointing at the same simple conclusion. More importantly is Trump's long record that proves Trump is a racist (among other things) beyond a reasonable doubt. Now too with these recent comments demonstrating the same sort of bigotry. All always pointing in the same direction!

Hell. You even have Trump correcting himself, because even he realizes what he is conveying once he actually hears his own words coming out of his mouth.

However, and this can't be pointed out enough times, people who are racist themselves or don't really know what the many forms of racism can take, simply cannot recognize racism like others can, and this very simply is the difference and/or problem that America still faces even today. Compounded with the rather significant problem of confirmation bias that is making victims of all of us beyond reason!
 
Old 07-18-2019, 11:45 AM
 
2,209 posts, read 1,479,266 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveUrban View Post
The crowd at this rally was full of racists.
I was there. The crowd was a mixture of all races who all stood in line together conversing, laughing, and otherwise getting along. The crowd didn't have a problem with minorities. They had a problem with Liberals of all races... It's just that when the liberal they have a problem with happens to be a minority, Democrats seize and their media seive on the opportunity to race bait for votes and advertisement revenue...
 
Old 07-18-2019, 11:49 AM
 
2,209 posts, read 1,479,266 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I'm always a little amused and suspect of comments that begin with "so you admit..."

I think my comments speak for themselves, more than just a few from various angles, all pointing at the same simple conclusion. More importantly is Trump's long record that proves Trump is a racist (among other things) beyond a reasonable doubt. Now too with these recent comments demonstrating the same sort of bigotry. All always pointing in the same direction!

Hell. You even have Trump correcting himself, because even he realizes what he is conveying once he actually hears his own words coming out of his mouth.

However, and this can't be pointed out enough times, people who are racist themselves or don't really know what the many forms of racism can take, simply cannot recognize racism like others can, and this very simply is the difference and/or problem that America still faces even today. Compounded with the rather significant problem of confirmation bias that is making victims of all of us beyond reason!
I must be racist, si I can't figure it out. So if I'm following along correctly, your argument is that what Trump said was NOT racist in the litteral sence, but you assumed it to be racist based on stuff Trump stated in the past? Us that correct?
 
Old 07-18-2019, 11:49 AM
 
Location: Jersey City
2,701 posts, read 999,543 times
Reputation: 1923
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
This is so sad how obliviously Trump supporters have exposed their souls to America.

It's no longer an argument that the GOP might tolerate racists, but they don't impact the platform or message. It's no longer an argument that the racists are a marginal slice of the GOP, not worth focusing on.

After watching a Trump rally, with attendees reiterating the racist attack from Trump, it's clear that the racism in the GOP is not a flaw, it's a feature.

Here is where we are: a minority person has a different view of what America should be doing than your traditional Trump-supporting Conservative. The response? "Shut up. YOU don't get a say in how WE run this country." Is that racist enough for you?

But what if you're a minority whose family has been in America for generations? "Shut up. YOU don't get a say in what it means to be AMERICAN. YOU are not one of US." Is that racist enough for you? How is that different than "we don't want your kind here?"

The message from Trump's base and by extension the GOP, by virtue of their silence, is minorities are only allowed in America by the good graces of White people. If minorities don't toe the line, they can GTFO, regardless of how long they've been here. Minorities don't get to tell White people how to run this country.

So at this point, is there any real counter argument against the claim that Trump's entire platform is based on not MAGA, but MAW(hite)A? Nooooope.
Yet they lose their **** when they're called deplorables...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top