U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2019, 11:49 AM

13,187 posts, read 3,346,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
As a career military, I never understood how any former or current military member would give him a pass on this (McCain slam) or how he dodged serving. But compared to his racist tendencies, that pales in comparison, imo.
You don't need to be military to be repulsed by what Trump said in this case, but boy do I agree with and salute you...

Thing is though, Trump has found with his base that he has a pass for any damn thing he wishes to say or do, including maybe shooting one on 5th Avenue. One of them will also take this one comment about McCain and point out it's just one comment from the past and hardly "absolutely terrifying."

More like just one cancer cell of far too many already! Nothing to worry about. Right...

Old 07-18-2019, 11:49 AM

7,191 posts, read 5,045,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Omar cheated our immigration system by marrying her brother. Additionally, she wants to change America.

I wish she would go back.
I looked this one up. It is an unsubstantiated rumor that Trump repeated. No base in fact.

So then I looked up about her "holding her chest out about Al-Queda" and it turns out that is a lie too.

Trump is on a roll, and his ignorant base is eating it up. She never EVER said anything to support Al qaeda, in fact she denounces them.

As for the Anti-semetic stuff. I guess anyone who has anything negative to say about Israel is an anti-semite. Does that confirm that Trump is an anti-American, since he constantly talks about what a crap-hole we are?

Can you all at least apply the same standard to white and non-white people? If you did, maybe people would stop associating you as racists....

Old 07-18-2019, 11:51 AM

2,898 posts, read 4,375,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Not racist ó if Omar was a lily white and from Ireland but had the same deeply racist, anti-semetic, and vulgar anti American views people would feel the same way.
Whether or not you think what Trump said was racist (it is racist , it just is. No matter how many mental gymnastics or selective interpretations you have to perform to try and convince yourself and others, it is very clearly a racist trope), I think there something even more ominous implied by his comments. He is basically saying if donít agree with his polices and opinions, you donít belong in America. Similar to Sarah Palinís comment years back, if you donít believe what he believes and slavishly support him, you are not a ďrealĒ American. Only Trump supporters are considered REAL Americans.

This is not what the founding fathers wished for in America. Itís far more anti-American in terms of our nationís ideals and democratic values than anything those 4 women have said.

Old 07-18-2019, 11:51 AM

46,816 posts, read 34,436,076 times
Quote:
Omar should be sent back because she cheated her way in by marrying her brother.
She was a child when her family legally immigrated from Somalia by way of a Kenyan refugee camp.

Marriage had nothing to do with it.

Someone claimed on social media she wed her brother who was living in the UK, so that he could get a green card. Thus far, there is no proof she did so.

Anyone can post anything online. People tend to believe anything when it appears to validate their perceptions.

Old 07-18-2019, 11:52 AM

2,209 posts, read 1,485,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
As a career military, I never understood how any former or current military member would give him a pass on this (McCain slam) or how he dodged serving. But compared to his racist tendencies, that pales in comparison, imo.
Because they are smart enough to know that Trump was attacking McCain because McCain attacked him first. They understand that it's political and not because he/Trump has anything against the military....

27,275 posts, read 9,325,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Attack the liberals.

The President himself has come out and disavowed the chant .......so gotta shift from defending the chant to hurling insults at the lefties.........
I can agree with the chant or disagree with it but I will defend the right of those to do it !!!

It is a right !!!
I don't agree with Antifa or the KKK but they are free to say what ever they want that is consistent with their constitution rights !!!

The double standard is in play again !!! Trump is repeatedly ask to disavow something and the clown "squad" get a pass and when ask some still won't disavow their hateful comments !!!

Last edited by phma; 07-18-2019 at 12:01 PM..

30,425 posts, read 16,785,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Prove it.

It may be pretty well known...among the right wing nut jobs and Alex Jones types.

Prove your claim with reliable sources.
Of course it's okay for you to accept that President Trump slept with prostitutes, and sexually molested women without any proof. It's okay to accept the accusations against Justice Kavanaugh without any proof. Right?

Old 07-18-2019, 11:53 AM

18,737 posts, read 9,171,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
I was there. The crowd was a mixture of all races who all stood in line together conversing, laughing, and otherwise getting along. The crowd didn't have a problem with minorities. They had a problem with Liberals of all races... It's just that when the liberal they have a problem with happens to be a minority, Democrats seize and their media seive on the opportunity to race bait for votes and advertisement revenue...
Thanks for the reality check. The Trump/America haters (Progressives) will spin anything Trump says or does as racist, sexist, homophobic, etc. They also paint ALL Trump supporters as such then use cute little schoolgirl names to underscore their maturity level.

Old 07-18-2019, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
She should have her citizenship removed, she cheated the immigration and tax system.
How so?

Old 07-18-2019, 11:55 AM

Quote:
EBG believes all illegals are black and brown. He doesn't believe any illegals are white.

Yes, most people would consider that racism.
No shortage of undocumented white Eastern Europeans in my neck of the woods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies