U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2019, 11:55 AM

6,349 posts, read 3,534,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
red herring. why do you keep making stuff up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
How so?
I can’t speak on her immigration, but she was convicted of fraud on her personal taxes, and was convicted of campaign finance fraud as well.

Old 07-18-2019, 11:56 AM

2,209 posts, read 1,479,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
Whether or not you think what Trump said was racist (it is racist , it just is. No matter how many mental gymnastics or selective interpretations you have to perform to try and convince yourself and others, it is very clearly a racist trope), I think there something even more ominous implied by his comments. He is basically saying if donít agree with his polices and opinions, you donít belong in America. Similar to Sarah Palinís comment years back, if you donít believe what he believes and slavishly support him, you are not a ďrealĒ American. Only Trump supporters are considered REAL Americans.

This is not what the founding fathers wished for in America. Itís far more anti-American in terms of our nationís ideals and democratic values than anything those 4 women have said.
That's NOT what he was saying at all. He was saying that if you hate this country, your not a real American...

Old 07-18-2019, 11:57 AM

12,922 posts, read 3,279,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Yes, do you support someone that applauds Al Queda, the 911 attacks and hates America? I don't and neither do patriots I know.
Another of Trump's I don't think I'll ever forget, going on about how he saw thousands cheering on 9/11...

ďHey, I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down, and I watched, in Jersey City, New Jersey, where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down! Thousands of people were cheering!Ē

Of course what Trump and apparently Trump alone saw that day has never been collaborated or substantiated by any news organization or tape, but no matter? Nothing wrong with this sort of lie or the intent either?

If you don't think there's anything wrong with this either, then no doubt you simply add this to all the rest of Trump's comments, tweets and insults that are actually entirely innocent. Right? If only we could all see this litany of Trumpisms so innocently...

Please!

Old 07-18-2019, 11:59 AM

18,290 posts, read 10,191,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
An interesting read. We are definitely see this play out somewhat...except the complacent ones aren't the ones you think.

https://www.whatreallyhappened.com/W...LES/reich.html

This is a quote from member "RINGWISE" from another thread.

Not a coincidence. Once they start branding everything that existed during that time as racist, the next step will be to call for the end of the Constitution, the Electoral College, the Bill of Rights, and the 2nd Amendment.

People seem to equate Trump to a dictator, but seeing all the things listed above attacked is far more scarier than whatever Trump can come up with. The demise of our country won't be from religious puritans but the far opposite side.
Further Studies. Or should it be "Fuhrer Studies"?
Attached Thumbnails
Trump crowd chants "Send her back..."-66448497_2512989202099146_1306485272841551872_n.jpg  

Old 07-18-2019, 11:59 AM

6,904 posts, read 3,438,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Alright then. Youíve chosen biased idiocy as your moral compass for life. Good luck with that.
Sounds like you're mad your argument didn't work out like you thought it would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
red herring. why do you keep making stuff up?
Where's the red herring? I've clearly backed up my argument and explained it so even you and your ilk could follow along.

Old 07-18-2019, 12:00 PM

30,409 posts, read 16,709,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I rarely agree with you, but this time, I do agree.

I think chanting "send her back" is just stupid. Plus, I think it is pretty safe to assume that she doesn't want to go anywhere, she is quite happy and successful here.
If she's so happy here, why does she continually trash America? Why does she support CAIR, which supports Hamas? She fund raises for CAIR!

This woman misrepresents our founding, saying America was founded on racism. She trashes our military. She blames 9-ll on our involvement in other countries. She laughs off al-Qaeda.

She made the claim, "This President, who has been credibly accused of committing multiple crimes, including 'cluding' with a foreign government to 'interfreer' with our elections ..." These are all lies. The President was not found to have colluded with anyone, and he has not committed "multiple crimes."

Of the ICE raids, she said, "I believe this is a 'bividole' moment in our history. The eyes of history is watching us."

She has apparently been in this country since she was 17, and still can't speak the language. This woman has no business being in Congress.

7,084 posts, read 5,000,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
The answer is simple !!!
Trump sees the problems and fixes them to the extent he can with all the resistance against him. He has done remarkably well !!! Omar has done nothing to fix anything but runs her mouth, and runs down the country, and the people in it she doesn't agree with runs them down !!! A lot of people are sick of her crap !!! In public arenas the people don't have to watch what they say or how they express themselves like a politician is expected to.

Some in the GOP say the clown "squad" should be ignored but what ever a GOP members says will never get ignored !!! Its a mistake to ignore them and let them continue to cause problems unopposed !!! They deserved to be challenged in the strongest terms possible !!! Everyday, with every hatful thing they say !!!

Trump is accused of not working with our allies !!! Israel is an ally and when those on the left attack them they shouldn't get a pass on it !!! They do what they accuse Trump of doing and it needs to be addressed !!! Pointed out !!! Held accountable !!!
So I'll assume you are sincere, and you feel that Trump has fixed things and she has not. Who gets to decide what is right for America and what is wrong. Honestly, you see her as a hater of America, but more than half of Americans also still see Trump as that. Who gets to decide which is right?

As for Omar being an Anti-semite. Again, different people have different views here. I am Jewish, for whatever that is worth. I think that Israel's treatment of the Palestinians is wrong, and should be denounced. I can assure you I am not an anti-semite, but I am someone who believes in fairness.

Our alignment with Israel is based almost solely on geo-political and military strategy, and has very little to do with Judaism. Heck the US sat out the Holocaust until the very end. To say that anyone who criticises Israel hates all Jews is more than just a stretch. (That said, I do support our alliance with Israel, but I am open minded enough to see that it, like anything, has pros and cons...)

2,209 posts, read 1,479,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Yet they lose their **** when they're called deplorables...
How so? We imbraced it. We added to hates, shirts, and other merchandise.

Old 07-18-2019, 12:01 PM

1,333 posts, read 299,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
The issue in this country is that many people can't listen or read well and make it what they want to hear.
So you're calling us stupid, are you? We can't read, huh? Dumb as bricks?

If you don't like it, I guess you could go back to your country Netherlands (if I recall from your previous posts). Especially if you don't like Freedom and Liberty (see what I did there).

How does it feel to be told to leave the country you immigrated to because you're unhappy and have issues with your new country and hate Freedom and Liberty.

Well, that's what you're guy Trump does. And most Americans will remember 2020.

Last edited by TBMorgan; 07-18-2019 at 12:21 PM..

Old 07-18-2019, 12:02 PM

26,950 posts, read 17,454,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Not racist — if Omar was a lily white and from Ireland but had the same deeply racist, anti-semetic, and vulgar anti American views people would feel the same way.
Please provide an example of this anti-American rhetoric because I have not seen or heard any. I've seen and heard lots from the birther occupant of The White House but not from Congresswoman Omar. Interesting that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies