U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-18-2019, 12:11 PM
 
Location: Chicago, IL
6,907 posts, read 3,440,750 times
Reputation: 2923

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Are you an adult? Because this is one of the more childish things Iíve seen posted here.

We arenít ďarguingĒ. If you believe that then you really are a child.

You werenít able to retort without extrapolation and exaggeration as your sources of truth. I donít have time for word pretzels that rely on obfuscation to avoid answering questions. If you require some clarification on this, go back and read your post that I replied to that you quoted me on here, and tally what within your post is actual fact, and what within your post are statements of your own, passed off as fact.

I donít have time for kid stuff. You want to take that as a win? Be my guest. Iíll save my words for a more worthy participant here.
Argument ie position ie stance ie hill you chose to die on. I don't care about "wins." I just thought it was worth noting that your last response amounted to crying that I wasn't being fair and stomping off... "biased idiocy"

 
Old 07-18-2019, 12:12 PM
 
Location: Barrington
46,182 posts, read 34,216,385 times
Reputation: 15401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
lmao...You're lost here son. Get a grip. It's well documented that she lied on her taxes and married her brother to cheat the immigration system. Send her back!
No proof exists she married her brother.

She paid $3500 in back taxes plus a $500 fine when it was discovered that while she had been married to her current husband and father of her three children, it was not a legal marriage. Rather, they had been married in a religious ceremony after divorcing her prior husband via a religious court.

This came to light because she made her tax returns public.

There are many religions that do not necessarily recognize civil marriages and divorces and vice- versa.

Again, thus far, there is no proof her first husband was her brother, as was once posted on social media.
 
Old 07-18-2019, 12:13 PM
 
Location: NE Ohio
30,409 posts, read 16,712,906 times
Reputation: 8924
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I'm a supporter of Trump, and will vote for him or whomever gets the GOP nomination. That being said, I really don't want to see the basis of his campaign on these 4 women and the dislike for them.


That being said, it doesn't matter what color or gender they are, I still don't like their agenda's. At least three of them, I don't know much about Pressley. And the quicker they can be voted out of their seats the better.
They are the Face of the Democrat Party. Every current 2020 candidate has signed on to their agenda. They all defend these four, who call themselves "The Squad." There is no way the Democrats can change this at this point. And President Trump, at his rally last night, cemented that connection. Brilliant!
 
Old 07-18-2019, 12:14 PM
 
26,950 posts, read 17,457,356 times
Reputation: 10635
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Care to elaborate on #7 ?


I can only guess, it is what is happening on our southern border. You are aware that those people chose to be there, chose to attempt asylum here. I know, the left isn't all that good with personal responsibilities, and what happens when one makes the wrong choices.
It would be beneficial to intelligent conversation if you educate yourself before talking about taking "responsibility."

Quote:
How US Foreign Policy Helped Create the Immigration Crisis
https://www.thenation.com/article/ho...ration-crisis/

Last edited by sickofnyc; 07-18-2019 at 12:49 PM..
 
Old 07-18-2019, 12:15 PM
 
Location: Austin TX
6,349 posts, read 3,545,192 times
Reputation: 8336
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Argument ie position ie stance ie hill you chose to die on. I don't care about "wins." I just thought it was worth noting that your last response amounted to crying that I wasn't being fair and stomping off... "biased idiocy"
I stand by my judgement. This is the specific example I was working off of:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
The implicitness of telling a group of minorities to go back where they came from is clearly racist. Arguing it's not is like arguing cross-burnings and men in white hoods are not racist b/c no names or ethnic slurs are used. It's an old racist trope that everyone, Left AND Right, w/ the slightest grasp on history correctly called.

Waters' efforts were to deny racists a safe space to enjoy everyday life. That's not the same as telling someone they need to be expelled from the country for being a minority that thinks differently than you.
Your inability to stay factual and on topic makes discussion with you fruitless. Hyperbole and exaggeration is all you got.
 
Old 07-18-2019, 12:15 PM
 
Location: sumter
8,656 posts, read 5,428,379 times
Reputation: 6637
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Omar cheated our immigration system by marrying her brother. Additionally, she wants to change America.

I wish she would go back.
You believe everything you hear, especially if Trump said it.
 
Old 07-18-2019, 12:15 PM
 
Location: Philaburbia
32,448 posts, read 60,028,050 times
Reputation: 54111
Deplorable. I wonder how many of their grandparents and great grandparents were naturalized citizens? Should they have been sent "back" as well?
 
Old 07-18-2019, 12:16 PM
 
1,961 posts, read 1,214,536 times
Reputation: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
This is so sad how obliviously Trump supporters have exposed their souls to America.

It's no longer an argument that the GOP might tolerate racists, but they don't impact the platform or message. It's no longer an argument that the racists are a marginal slice of the GOP, not worth focusing on.

After watching a Trump rally, with attendees reiterating the racist attack from Trump, it's clear that the racism in the GOP is not a flaw, it's a feature.

Here is where we are: a minority person has a different view of what America should be doing than your traditional Trump-supporting Conservative. The response? "Shut up. YOU don't get a say in how WE run this country." Is that racist enough for you?

But what if you're a minority whose family has been in America for generations? "Shut up. YOU don't get a say in what it means to be AMERICAN. YOU are not one of US." Is that racist enough for you? How is that different than "we don't want your kind here?"

The message from Trump's base and by extension the GOP, by virtue of their silence, is minorities are only allowed in America by the good graces of White people. If minorities don't toe the line, they can GTFO, regardless of how long they've been here. Minorities don't get to tell White people how to run this country.

So at this point, is there any real counter argument against the claim that Trump's entire platform is based on not MAGA, but MAW(hite)A? Nooooope.
Oh, let me guess. The fascist in chief had another of his Nuremberg rallies.
 
Old 07-18-2019, 12:16 PM
 
Location: USA
19,967 posts, read 14,789,466 times
Reputation: 12865
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
All this "racist card" stuff doesn't work when people are saying and doing things are are very clearly racist.

You can deny it all you want, but telling people of color to "go back where they came from" is most definitely racist behavior. Doesn't matter that you were once nice to a black person.

If you are in bed with Neo-Nazis? You're not a friend to the Jews, no matter how many individual Jews you've ever been nice to.

That's how all that works, really.

Having "a black friend" doesn't give you a "get out of jail free" card to toss out when you say and do racist crap.
When your in bed with American and Jewish hating Islamists who are endeared or you secretly meet people like Farrakhan, doesn't really matter if your a President or Congress woman, and have Jewish and white friends, you probably still hate your fellow Jewish and white Americans.
 
Old 07-18-2019, 12:16 PM
 
23,357 posts, read 12,401,641 times
Reputation: 7427
10 minutes after the crowd shouted Send her Back......Trump said

"If they don't like it, let them leave. Let them leave. They are always telling us how to run it, how to do this. You know what? If they don't love it, TELL THEM to leave it."

I appreciate he is disavowing this morning. It's not his style to step back from something like this. It shows you how serious it is.

BUT -- he isn't fooling anybody -- not his base, not his critics, not those on the fence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top