U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2019, 01:37 PM

9,090 posts, read 2,811,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Of course no one pays attention to the entirety of what he said nor do they acknowledge the difference between "she can go back and fix their problems, then return to show us how to do it" and deporting someone, as those are 2 very different things.

Trump said "they can go back".

What his supporters say is not on him.

Because if we are going to play that game, then I would suggest that anyone who supports Ilhan is an islamic terrorist sympathizer, based on her own words. I would also suggest that anyone who supports AOC is an open borders lefty - which too many refuse to admit that they are.
I haven't seen any direct quotes from Omar to suggest that she is an Islamic terrorist sympathizer. What are her own words? I seriously want to know. I would also like to see direct quotes of AOC regarding the open border subject. I have seen some of the things they both have said, but none are at the level you post.

Old 07-18-2019, 01:39 PM

22,461 posts, read 9,552,530 times
Trump is not back pedaling at all.

He's lying.

They've shown the clips on air. Trump fed them their lines and then stood back in that Mussolini stance, and waited for them to finish. He did not attempt to stop them. He did not chide them. He smiled at the simpletons chanting.

He's true to himself--a liar extraordinaire.

Old 07-18-2019, 01:41 PM

3,562 posts, read 696,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I haven't seen any direct quotes from Omar to suggest that she is an Islamic terrorist sympathizer. What are her own words? I seriously want to know. I would also like to see direct quotes of AOC regarding the open border subject. I have seen some of the things they both have said, but none are at the level you post.
She pleaded leniency for Americans arrested for joining ISIS. She also equated Al-Qaeda with America and England when she complained that the former is referred to less respectfully than the two legitimate countries.

Old 07-18-2019, 01:41 PM

23,357 posts, read 12,397,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
So you think it's wrong for ICE to deport people who refused to leave after getting deportation orders?

And yet at the same time, you are excusing an antisemitic Congresswoman because she's "brown"? You seem to have more sympathy for criminal aliens ignoring deportation orders than for Jews subjected to growing antisemitism.

P.S. let me guess.....you're a liberal.
A few things......

The latest raids were suppose to be for people that received 'deportation orders' in abstentia -- they weren't there when the orders were issued.

I don't understand if there are deportation orders given to someone why they aren't picked up when the order was issued and then deported.

BUT that's not what this whole raid thing was about.

It was a show. Never happened.

Trump made a big huge announcement ICE raids cometh.....and then they didn't plan in advance, had no warrants, whatever...fizzled out.

It was a show -- see my administration is doing their job.

If they were doing their job they would have NOT announced it to the country. Would have made the proper legal measures to ensure they could do their job properly.

Old 07-18-2019, 01:42 PM

79,549 posts, read 33,832,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Trump is not back pedaling at all.

He's lying.

They've shown the clips on air. Trump fed them their lines and then stood back in that Mussolini stance, and waited for them to finish. He did not attempt to stop them. He did not chide them. He smiled at the simpletons chanting.

He's true to himself--a liar extraordinaire.
I would argue he is doing both. But yes, he is also lying.

Old 07-18-2019, 01:43 PM

26,950 posts, read 17,454,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I would argue he is doing both. But yes, he is also lying.
I agree.

Old 07-18-2019, 01:44 PM

Of course Trump is spinning..

He should.

It is clear he created the culture for this kind of behavior.
It is clear he did not shut it down last night, didn't dial it back at all.

The first tweet was from a GOP North Carolina guy who said he was uncomfortable and that while he objected to the policies of Omar - this kind of behavior is not acceptable.

That was a sign that there would be some walking back on this one.

It is too bad Trump is not quick enough to have realized that last night.

Old 07-18-2019, 01:46 PM

9,090 posts, read 2,811,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
She pleaded leniency for Americans arrested for joining ISIS. She also equated Al-Qaeda with America and England when she complained that the former is referred to less respectfully than the two legitimate countries.
A little research helped me find out what Trump asserted versus what was left out that Omar said about various issues, including those you cited above. Some of what she said was either omitted or mischaracterized. Included in my link below is the actual letter Omar wrote regarding the terrorists.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...acks-factcheck

Old 07-18-2019, 01:47 PM

1,501 posts, read 419,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Omar cheated our immigration system by marrying her brother. Additionally, she wants to change America.

I wish she would go back.
What! Show us where this stuff about her brother this came from.
We should all want to change this divided America and find some kind of path forward together.

Old 07-18-2019, 01:47 PM

Apparently Trump is claiming he tried to 'quell' the chants last night.

Why does he do that -- he makes it worse.

It is very clear he didn't try to 'quell' the chants at all.

All he had to say was that he disavowed the chants...that's it.

Why does he always go to far and make things up. There is no evidence on the video of his speech that he was uncomfortable, tried to quell the chants.....or any of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies