U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-18-2019, 02:42 PM
 
Location: DFW
637 posts, read 176,890 times
Reputation: 998

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i didn't realize we were at a trial.

what parts are you having a problem with?
I'm saying that if that very one-sided video is supposed to support your point of loving Tr*** and hating Omar, it is not very good supporting evidence.

I try to purposely bring evidence to support my points (when needed- mostly this is all just opinion) from some entity that is viewed to be on the opposite side of my view, so as to say "see! even YOUR side agrees with me"

Does that make sense?

Like, I am obviously very far to the left. Why would I get supporting from The New Yorker? People on the right would simply roll their eyes and scream "fake news". If I were trying to win the point, I would find support on Fox News so that the other side would have no choice but to concede the point, or at least listen to it.

 
Old 07-18-2019, 02:42 PM
 
Location: USA
19,990 posts, read 14,799,395 times
Reputation: 12872
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Deflect much?
If the shoe fits wear it
 
Old 07-18-2019, 02:45 PM
 
27,209 posts, read 19,223,004 times
Reputation: 14520
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshaBrady1968 View Post
I'm saying that if that very one-sided video is supposed to support your point of loving Tr*** and hating Omar, it is not very good supporting evidence.

I try to purposely bring evidence to support my points (when needed- mostly this is all just opinion) from some entity that is viewed to be on the opposite side of my view, so as to say "see! even YOUR side agrees with me"

Does that make sense?

Like, I am obviously very far to the left. Why would I get supporting from The New Yorker? People on the right would simply roll their eyes and scream "fake news". If I were trying to win the point, I would find support on Fox News so that the other side would have no choice but to concede the point, or at least listen to it.
the video was not about trump. it was about ilness omar. it wasn't presented as evidence at a court trial.

if you would like to try to disprove anything in the video, feel free. can you?
 
Old 07-18-2019, 02:50 PM
 
24,269 posts, read 12,041,589 times
Reputation: 10352
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
And what's that mean for your shriekings of "Communism!" "Socialism!" "Reverse racism!"
Using your argument against you. The racism card has been played by liberals too often. Doesn’t have the same punch anymore.
 
Old 07-18-2019, 02:52 PM
 
Location: Chicago, IL
6,914 posts, read 3,443,907 times
Reputation: 2935
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Using your argument against you. The racism card has been played by liberals too often. Doesn’t have the same punch anymore.
Again, what's that mean for your shriekings of "Communism!" "Socialism!" "Reverse racism!"
 
Old 07-18-2019, 02:59 PM
 
Location: DFW
637 posts, read 176,890 times
Reputation: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
the video was not about trump. it was about ilness omar. it wasn't presented as evidence at a court trial.

if you would like to try to disprove anything in the video, feel free. can you?
I'm not trying to disprove anything. I don't think you fully understood my post, but sometimes things are hard in short written messages.
Not important
Dropping it
 
Old 07-18-2019, 03:00 PM
 
1,982 posts, read 2,648,138 times
Reputation: 1931
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Of course Trump is spinning..

He should.

It is clear he created the culture for this kind of behavior.
It is clear he did not shut it down last night, didn't dial it back at all.

The first tweet was from a GOP North Carolina guy who said he was uncomfortable and that while he objected to the policies of Omar - this kind of behavior is not acceptable.

That was a sign that there would be some walking back on this one.

It is too bad Trump is not quick enough to have realized that last night.
Living in NC ,just a short drive from the rally last nite, you
better believe the GOP got a call this morning.
Looks like we were not the only ones calling and
Trump had to back down, just a bit.
 
Old 07-18-2019, 03:00 PM
 
Location: A safe distance from San Francisco
8,630 posts, read 6,188,439 times
Reputation: 8640
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Huge mistake on Trump's part....that he will regret. Raw meat that will feed the TDS media and their puppets indefinitely.

Edit: To be very clear, when I say mistake I'm talking about the backpedaling. Omar earned the chant - time and time again. It's not like there's force of law behind it. Nothing wrong with it at a political rally.

Trump won't pull the rug from under his fans and survive very long. Huge mistake and very disappointing.
Another word needs to be added for crystal clarity.

Trump won't pull the rug from under his fans and survive politically very long. He just may have halved enthusiasm for his next rally. There was nothing wrong with the chant in that setting/context.

His pathetic attempt to distance himself is the worst mistake I've seen him make to date.
 
Old 07-18-2019, 03:01 PM
 
Location: 130 Miles E of Sacramento
5,499 posts, read 3,324,840 times
Reputation: 3681
The Dems hate this country. Why should they stay in a place they hate instead of working on steps to move somewhere they'd be happier? Isn't that better for your mental health?
 
Old 07-18-2019, 03:02 PM
 
5,596 posts, read 2,060,809 times
Reputation: 7094
Trump likes to throw smokebombs to distract from investigations that might hurt him or his administration.
Coming down the pike we have:


-- Epstein's web of friends and "clients" is encompasses a much larger elite crowd than previously thought
-- Cohen's unsealed evidence shows Trump was in close contact with Cohen about hush money payments

-- Cohen's new data implicates Hope Hicks as possibly perjuring herself to Congress
-- Barr and Ross found in contempt of Congress
-- Mueller will be testifying to Congress next week


Trump's feeling the pressure
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top