U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2019, 09:47 AM

12,298 posts, read 7,001,603 times

Advertisements

Democrats.....2 1/2 years ago.....send him back....

Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.) is asking the White House to hand President Trump aide Sebastian Gorka’s immigration paperwork over to the House Judiciary Committee.

In a letter addressed to Trump, Nadler cites a report in The Forward, an American Jewish news outlet, linking Gorka to a far-right group in Hungary, saying that the judiciary panel needs to “be assured that he did not enter this country under false pretenses"

“If Sebastian Gorka is indeed a member of this organization, as high-ranking leaders of the organization claim he is, he would have been required to disclose this information on his immigration application, and on his application to be a naturalized U.S. citizen,” the letter reads.

“Failing to do so, he may have been withholding important material facts about his background from the United States, in violation of the law.”

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...n2xy8E.twitter
while I don't condone chants of "send her back" at the trump rally due to free speech in this country even from a vile anti-Semite such as omar, the democrat politicians seem to support "send him back" and aren't immune from this distasteful rhetoric, either.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 07-18-2019 at 09:59 AM..

Old 07-18-2019, 09:47 AM

11,788 posts, read 4,983,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
And by "well documented", you of course mean "conservative bloggers are spreading rumors".

Incidentally - as anyone with slightest grasp on immigration law would know - Ilhar Oman would have gained citizenship through her and her family's years of legal residence with refugee status. No marriage needed.

But it seems a law of nature that the louder a right-winger yells about immigration, the less (s)he knows about the details.

Spot on.

Old 07-18-2019, 09:48 AM

1,381 posts, read 307,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
That is a lie. Show us a credible link with documentation that she married her brother. It makes no sense - US immigration law gives the same priority to siblings as it does to a spouse, so any brother she has would get chained in to the US by simply being her brother. But the real problem is she does not have a brother with the name of the guy she married. It is all fake news cooked up by the right.
Like Trump, posters here receive no repercussions for posting unsubstantiated accusations or outright lies.

Old 07-18-2019, 09:50 AM

32,731 posts, read 16,740,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
"Send her back" is the same as "Vote her out". Nothing racist about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Omar should be sent back because she cheated her way in by marrying her brother.
Would you two like a minute to compare notes?

Old 07-18-2019, 09:52 AM

6,829 posts, read 1,438,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Well, that's a baseless point, then.

Come on now... Refugees can apply for citizenship based on their years of legal presence in the US. Omar Ilhan was naturalized in 200, at age 17.

That dog won't hunt.
Edited to the following:

Perhaps I was mistaken in thinking that she lied about this "marrying her brother" issue because I did not double-check an assertion like I usually do if there is not a link provided, so I assumed the reports are true, but maybe they're not.

Anyway, my point still stands that if people lie or cheat about something, that is being dishonest, in my opinion and also the opinion of most people, I think.

Old 07-18-2019, 09:53 AM

11,788 posts, read 4,983,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Okay, so then why marry her brother and/or lie IF either of those things did happen -- and, btw, I was perhaps mistaken in thinking that she DID lie about because I did not double-check an assertion like I usually do if there is not a link provided, so I assumed the reports are true, but maybe they're not.

Anyway, my point still stands that if people lie or cheat about something, that is being dishonest, in my opinion and also the opinion of most people, I think.
It's pure rumor started on right wing sites. Period.

Old 07-18-2019, 09:56 AM

6,423 posts, read 3,562,784 times
Omar has already been convicted of campaign finance fraud and tax fraud. She’s still being investigated regarding her marital records. I think it’s a little premature for anybody to speculate either way just yet on this.

Old 07-18-2019, 09:57 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,443,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
not racism...

I think the crowd chant is a bad bad bad look.. just terrible but that does not equate to racism. They were not chanting send a specific race or minority back as a whole. They were referring to specific individuals that they don't like (policy wise) and whom don't like them because they support Trump.

race was not in question...

No doubt you and most folks are the hard left will imply racism because lets be honest, that's your to go to play...

The problem with crying racism too often, soon the word has little to no value.... i hear so often nowadays that i immediately doubt the legitimacy of it..
You don't think it's racist to say that someone who has a different opinion than you needs to go back to whatever country their from? Why do they not get the benefit of shaping THEIR country?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I think the point is that by lying to get in, Omar cheated the system. To some people (and I admit that I am one of them), lying and cheating are dishonest behaviors that edge into illegality, if they are not is not actually there.

And, yes, I think that many people -- even Trumpsters -- have nothing against people from other countries coming here and becoming citizens. If that was the case, only people whose ancestors lived in what is now the U.S. a thousand years ago would be acceptable to them.
Apparently they don't have a problem w/ immigrants as long as they OR THEIR DESCENDENTS don't try to have a say in how the country should run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I have no problem people wanting change in their image but that's not what Omar and her ilks do. They have a problem with the founding of America. You can't change that. It happened. You can't go back and give the land back to the Indians or free George Washington's slaves or whatever. They dislike our past. That's where the source of they hate America comes from. They have a problem with the founding fathers, the flag, the national anthem, and on and on. They actually seek out bad things in the country's history to give them talking points. Have they said ONE thing that's positive about the country?

As to "send her back", the cry of Love it or Leave it is as old as the country itself. Trump is just saying it aloud.
Aside from the fact that nothing you wrote is backed by evidence, let's say you're right. Wouldn't MLK fit your description of somoene who had a problem w/ the way the country was founded up to his present day? Your opinion would be that MLK should have left instead of working to change, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Almost every act of racism against blacks turns out to be perpetrated by a black person.
Trying to derail the conversation? Ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
fabricating quotes is very dishonest, little fella. it has nothing to do with grammar.
Ok.

Old 07-18-2019, 10:00 AM

6,423 posts, read 3,562,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
You don't think it's racist to say that someone who has a different opinion than you needs to go back to whatever country their from? Why do they not get the benefit of shaping THEIR country?
Can you please tell me how you feel about this quote from Maxine Waters?

“If you see anybody from that squad in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd, and you push back on them, and you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere.”

Old 07-18-2019, 10:01 AM

17,253 posts, read 8,733,186 times
Dangerous is her way of thinking. Prevent more like her from coming. A small sampling of Omar’s bigotry and anti Americanism. With links to daily beast for lefties approval.
https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...ericanism.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies