Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2019, 11:27 AM

25,404 posts, read 9,687,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I think the point is that by lying to get in, Omar cheated the system. To some people (and I admit that I am one of them), lying and cheating are dishonest behaviors that edge into illegality, if they are not is not actually there.

And, yes, I think that many people -- even Trumpsters -- have nothing against people from other countries coming here and becoming citizens. If that was the case, only people whose ancestors lived in what is now the U.S. a thousand years ago would be acceptable to them.
She is a citizen. What are you talking about? If you want to talk about lying, cheating, dishonest behaviors, I could name someone who is really good at that, but we would be off the subject.

Old 07-18-2019, 11:29 AM

46,805 posts, read 25,709,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
do you have a link to trump chanting this? from what i saw it was purely an audience-driven effort.
If you're making the point that people who go to Trump rallies are likely to be worse human beings than even Trump, I think we are, for once, in agreement on something.

Old 07-18-2019, 11:29 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,198,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
That is a lie. Show us a credible link with documentation that she married her brother. It makes no sense - US immigration law gives the same priority to siblings as it does to a spouse, so any brother she has would get chained in to the US by simply being her brother. But the real problem is she does not have a brother with the name of the guy she married. It is all fake news cooked up by the right.
This is pretty well known. I'm surprised you haven't heard this, or if you have, I'm surprised you think it's a lie. You do realize that in Islam it's acceptable to marry your brother, do you not?

You might want to do some research. You are obviously uninformed on this.

Old 07-18-2019, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
Like Trump, posters here receive no repercussions for posting unsubstantiated accusations or outright lies.
"Unsubstantiated?" According to whom? CNN? MSNBC?

Old 07-18-2019, 11:31 AM

25,404 posts, read 9,687,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
do you have a link to trump chanting this? from what i saw it was purely an audience-driven effort.

who's 'pulling together'? we're just enjoying watching you flail.
Did I say Trump chanted it? No. I said he whipped his audience up into a frenzy and they started chanting it. It wouldn't even have been an issue had he not gotten them foaming at the mouth with his outrageous behavior. Any lie, any action he can use to facilitate his hatred he will use.

Old 07-18-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
The ignorance of such a statement is stunning. However, Trump doesn't care and neither do his supporters.
Well, since there is actually a video of her doing so, I guess it's not an ignorant statement.

Old 07-18-2019, 11:32 AM

19,501 posts, read 9,030,100 times
Quote:
She is a citizen. What are you talking about? If you want to talk about lying, cheating, dishonest behaviors, I could name someone who is really good at that, but we would be off the subject.
I never said she wasn't a citizen. I said she lied -- and even then, I backtracked and said that maybe I was mistaken. Go back and read my posts if you don't believe me. If I am wrong and you can prove it by linking my post, I will admit that I was wrong.

Actually, you know what? It is not just you (not by a long shot), but many of the posts on the P&OC column are frustrating and angering me because of all the distortions going on, so I am taking a break for the rest of today, at least (although I will be back).

For all of you on both sides of the issue who have somehow managed to remain civil, I salute you.

Old 07-18-2019, 11:33 AM

52,219 posts, read 33,962,855 times
Quote:
Did I say Trump chanted it? No. I said he whipped his audience up into a frenzy and they started chanting it. It wouldn't even have been an issue had he not gotten them foaming at the mouth with his outrageous behavior. Any lie, any action he can use to facilitate his hatred he will use.
you certainly did. there is no other way to interpret it:

"What kind of tolerance should be given to a president who whips a crowd up into a frenzy by chanting send her back?"

Old 07-18-2019, 11:33 AM

29,335 posts, read 9,517,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
So having said all of this, how do you feel about Maxine Waters’ advice to progressives?

“If you see anybody from that squad in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd, and you push back on them, and you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere.”
Sounds like the sort of advice a lot of people felt should have been more common back when there were people insisting on segregation...

Of course segregationists were not the ones doing the protesting or breaking any windows. They were the good law-abiding Americans. It was only the people protesting segregation, with similar tactics described by Water's advice, so according to much the logic we see by some in this thread, the protesters were the bad guys and the segregationists were the good guys!

History repeating itself perhaps?

Old 07-18-2019, 11:34 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,457,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
Why is it that whenever someone complains about Trump, there's a "WHATABOUT" type response as if he's okay because other politicians have behaved as badly.

For one thing, Trump represents all of us. Waters represents her district in California. I have no control and no vote for Waters.

I do have an option for Trump.
Why shouldn’t the hypocrisy of this situation be exposed?

Waters advising progressives to “create a crowd” and tell conservatives that they’re “not welcome anymore” is language extremely similar to Trump saying “why don’t they go back”. Neither message mentions race, yet Trump is vilified for his message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies