U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Today, 10:07 AM
 
5,940 posts, read 4,552,217 times
Reputation: 6647

Advertisements

Send the ***** back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Today, 10:13 AM
 
Location: San Diego CA
4,889 posts, read 3,393,907 times
Reputation: 7835
There are 435 members in the House. Her political views are not consistent with the political agenda of Republicans and for that matter majority mainstream Democrats. She will have absolutely no influence on US relations with Israel. Yet most Republicans go down the path of a political witch-hunt and other counter productive measures that suggest racism to many people here and abroad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:15 AM
 
1,526 posts, read 306,029 times
Reputation: 1354
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
There are 435 members in the House. Her political views are not consistent with the political agenda of Republicans and for that matter majority mainstream Democrats. She will have absolutely no influence on US relations with Israel. Yet most Republicans go down the path of a political witch-hunt and other counter productive measures that suggest racism to many people here and abroad.
Doesn't she have a seat on the House Foreign Affairs Committee?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:21 AM
 
Location: Suburb of Chicago
20,780 posts, read 10,070,951 times
Reputation: 20235
She should stick to discussing what she knows - like Marthin Luther King and athlekes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:27 AM
 
19,197 posts, read 12,242,558 times
Reputation: 10537
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
There are 435 members in the House. Her political views are not consistent with the political agenda of Republicans and for that matter majority mainstream Democrats. She will have absolutely no influence on US relations with Israel. Yet most Republicans go down the path of a political witch-hunt and other counter productive measures that suggest racism to many people here and abroad.


Au contraire-


Pelosi and the dems CAN'T turn around and try to reign in Omar or AOC after making that ridiculous stand for them in the House. They have fully supported "The Squad" and now OWN their views.


"The Squad" now has tremendous power, as the dems are politically in a position of supporting everything they say. They had the opportunity to condemn Omar early on for her anti-Semitic statements, but chose to do nothing.


Now the dem party is the party of radical Islam, open borders, AOC's "green energy" initiative, and anything against America.


Wow- this is one of the most peculiar political situations I have seen in a long, long time. Omar is on the foreign affairs committee- dems will now have to support Muslim extremist views to have "cohesion".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:27 AM
 
7,289 posts, read 4,210,447 times
Reputation: 9657
2017's H.R.1697 prohibits any U.S. person engaged interstate or foreign commerce from supporting:

any request by a foreign country to impose any boycott against a country that is friendly to the United States and that is not itself the object of any form of boycott pursuant to United States law or regulation, or

any boycott fostered or imposed by any international governmental organization against Israel or any request by any international governmental organization to impose such a boycott.


What conservative supports the federal government telling you that you can't boycott a particular country for whatever reason you want?

Absolutely her comparison to Nazi Germany and such is reprehensible. But this is a pro-freedom move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:31 AM
 
Location: Suburb of Chicago
20,780 posts, read 10,070,951 times
Reputation: 20235
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Au contraire-


Pelosi and the dems CAN'T turn around and try to reign in Omar or AOC after making that ridiculous stand for them in the House. They have fully supported "The Squad" and now OWN their views.


"The Squad" now has tremendous power, as the dems are politically in a position of supporting everything they say. They had the opportunity to condemn Omar early on for her anti-Semitic statements, but chose to do nothing.


Now the dem party is the party of radical Islam, open borders, AOC's "green energy" initiative, and anything against America.


Wow- this is one of the most peculiar political situations I have seen in a long, long time. Omar is on the foreign affairs committee- dems will now have to support Muslim extremist views to have "cohesion".
I think you're wrong on this one. Pelosi and others will gently remind Omar that Israel is a friend, blah blah blah and then others others will pipe up in agreement.

This isn't going anywhere. They'll just gently try and pull her back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:41 AM
 
284 posts, read 114,279 times
Reputation: 414
An American citizen should be able to boycott any nation they want. Why would anyone who cherishes liberty be against this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:45 AM
 
18,301 posts, read 10,390,605 times
Reputation: 13364
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I think you're wrong on this one. Pelosi and others will gently remind Omar that Israel is a friend, blah blah blah and then others others will pipe up in agreement.

This isn't going anywhere. They'll just gently try and pull her back.
That one is not going to go quietly into the night. She's had a taste of adulation and power not afforded to her by any other means.

Pelosi has the cojones it takes, but she's absolutely constrained by the optics of the moment.

Watch Pelosi carefully now as she's working the halls frantically seeking alliances from senior Dem's with her realizing she needs to present a visibly united front of Democrats arrayed in a quiet, logically presented illustration of solidarity to address Omar so as to effectively stifle her but also cull the rest of the "squad" from stridently defending her.

This will take some time as Pelosi knows the constituents switchboards will be lighting up with people phoning in to decry their party seeming to supporting Omar's nonsense by it's silence. Pelosi needs to allow time for that to have the desired effect on the party honchos before rounding up a posse and throwing the noose over the nearest tree branch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:49 AM
 
3,441 posts, read 664,624 times
Reputation: 2426
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Doesn't she have a seat on the House Foreign Affairs Committee?
Yup. And not only that, but the Dems allowed her to take over questioning a Jewish witness just two days after she made her "Benjamin's" remark. She was so disdainful and snarky to him, and she just loved being able to demean a Jew. The committee, given the timing, should have never let her do the questioning.

But hey....it's only the Jews. Now if a Reoublican had made a racist remark, liberals would be up in arms if only two days later, he was selected to hostilely and disreptfully question a black witness. But Jews? eh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top