U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:42 AM

17,916 posts, read 8,921,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
Exactly. We have a constitutional amendment defending free speech for just that reason.

Although it seems like everybody wants to throw it out the window for some reason.
Free speech is ALSO the reason we can and do criticize this motion. She gets to say and do really stupid stuff, but we also have the right to call her out on her stupidity. See how it works?

Or are we not allowed to comment, or criticize because YOU don't agree? Hypocrite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:45 AM

66,567 posts, read 30,379,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Well, she's wrong and offensive in being so.

Is it necessary to point out that one can defend her right to being in the country without agreeing with her? I guess it is.

<sigh> Hey, righties: It is possible to be in favor of a person having the right to her opinion - even her right to further that opinion politically - without sharing that opinion. Y'all may want to put it on a Post-It or something, you seem to have a really hard time with the concept.
Not according to Dems. Prime example, Congresswoman Pressley:

"We donít need black faces that donít want to be a black voice. We donít need Muslims that donít want to be a Muslim voice. We donít need queers that donít want to be a quee* voice."

WHY are the Dems pigeonholing people by race, religion, and/or sexual orientation? WHY do Dems assume people cannot represent anyone beyond those who are the same race, religion, and/or sexual orientation? That's the very EPITOME of racism and bigotry, and it's DISGUSTING!

Old Yesterday, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
^^This. Would love to see the look on Nancy's face when she heard what the "new face of the Dem party" pulled now.

They have made the Democratic party the face of hatred, bigotry, stupidity and hate for this nation.

What is amazing is that there are still Jews in this nation that support the Dem party. They have long since abandoned blue-collar working people-might as well s**t on the Jews next and drive them away.
100% correct.

Old Yesterday, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
What's even more amazing than Jews still supporting the Democrat Party is how vile they can be toward Jews who don't. I've been called a Nazi....by fellow Jews (liberals)....simply for being a Republican. I lost my father recently, may he RIP, and a liberal Jew came up to me at the post-funeral lunch, and started berating Republican positions - knowing I am Republican. I find it shameful.

Would liberal Jews here (or liberals in general) at least acknowledge that you should not come up to a woman an hour after she shoveled earth onto her father's coffin - and attack her for being a Republican? I'm just wondering where you find the liberal hatred toward those with opposing opinions going over the line.
I'm so sorry that has happened to you. It's inexcusable.

Old Yesterday, 11:51 AM

7,298 posts, read 4,215,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Free speech is ALSO the reason we can and do criticize this motion. She gets to say and do really stupid stuff, but we also have the right to call her out on her stupidity. See how it works?

Or are we not allowed to comment, or criticize because YOU don't agree? Hypocrite.
Freedom of speech is about what the government cannot do. What you do or other non-gov't folks do to you is completely irrelevant to the 1st amendment.

"Congress shall make no law...abridging the freedom of speech".

The 2017 prohibition against any US person boycotting Israel sure seems flat out unconstitutional to me.

Whatever her motives and despite being a "liberal" this bill is a very conservative pro-freedom notion. Any conservative should support it no matter who the messenger is.

Old Yesterday, 11:52 AM

3,451 posts, read 668,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
What's even more amazing than Jews still supporting the Democrat Party is how vile they can be toward Jews who don't. I've been called a Nazi....by fellow Jews (liberals)....simply for being a Republican. I lost my father recently, may he RIP, and a liberal Jew came up to me at the post-funeral lunch, and started berating Republican positions - knowing I am Republican. I find it shameful.

Would liberal Jews here (or liberals in general) at least acknowledge that you should not come up to a woman an hour after she shoveled earth onto her father's coffin - and attack her for being a Republican? I'm just wondering where you find the liberal hatred toward those with opposing opinions going over the line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I'm so sorry that has happened to you. It's inexcusable.
Thank you. I was distraught enough as it was without having to contend with that.

Old Yesterday, 11:56 AM

20,806 posts, read 10,079,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Not according to Dems. Prime example, Congresswoman Pressley:

"We donít need black faces that donít want to be a black voice. We donít need Muslims that donít want to be a Muslim voice. We donít need queers that donít want to be a quee* voice."

WHY are the Dems pigeonholing people by race, religion, and/or sexual orientation? WHY do Dems assume people cannot represent anyone beyond those who are the same race, religion, and/or sexual orientation? That's the very EPITOME of racism and bigotry, and it's DISGUSTING!
Because by pigeonholing people by those things they're setting the stage. Those who don't go along with them will be accused of being some sort of 'ist'.

Old Yesterday, 12:02 PM

3,451 posts, read 668,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Because by pigeonholing people by those things they're setting the stage. Those who don't go along with them will be accused of being some sort of 'ist'.
I admit it. I'm an Omarist and an AOCist. Nothing to do with their color (isn't AOC white anyway?) and all to do with their awful positions.

Old Yesterday, 12:03 PM

639 posts, read 140,193 times
Did she actually compare Israel to Nazi Germany in the same sentence ?
Was she absent the day they taught about WWII and what happened to the Jews in Germany during that time ?

Old Yesterday, 12:14 PM

33,371 posts, read 20,146,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Yes strange times where we need a resolution that supports the rights of individuals to boycott any country including Israel.
You can call her an individual all you want, but she is in the congress. So her words do mean something. She's an American politician, isn't she?

Boycott usually means, withdraw from commercial or social relations with (a country, organization, or person) as a punishment or protest.

You can defend her all you want, but there is a reason why

House passes resolution condemning anti-Semitism, Islamophobia amid Omar’s latest anti-Semitic remarks

https://www.jns.org/house-passes-res...mitic-remarks/

She as an individual or a politician can certainly criticize a country's policy, but boycotting the entire country has crossed the line. I think it is reasonable to assume that she is anti-semitic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or