U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:57 PM

33,092 posts, read 13,966,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Accusing elected officials of not having allegiance to the US and having allegiance to another country is more then just "poorly stated". She crossed the line and should have apologized but she didn't and even defended her statement and then ended with "I love the US".
Banning boycotts of foreign countries is also a restriction of free speech and that was her focus, unfortunately that was lost because of the manner in which it was stated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 08:03 PM

4,527 posts, read 846,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
She chooses to introduce legislation to support the anti-Semitic BDS movement NOW, after she made comments that many considered anti-Semitic? She's doubling down on stupid and hate.

We Republicans thank her!
Questioning Trump movement s regarding Israel IS NOT ANTISEMITISM

Old Yesterday, 08:21 PM

9,112 posts, read 5,619,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
She was wrong in the way she questioned loyalty but the other side of that coin is those that criticize anyone that goes against an Israeli policy as anti-Semitic. The current US policies restricting boycotts of Israel and other policies that favor Israel are what drove her comments, her response was poorly stated.
No, her stance is hyper hypocrisy on steroids .... because, according to these loons, if you disagree with them, you’re a racist .... but their OVERT RACISM is simply defending freedom.

Old Yesterday, 08:35 PM

10,119 posts, read 6,332,855 times
I'm not surprised. She hates Jews. I think she hates America too. She was laughing and mocking 9/11. Personally, I can't stand her.

Old Yesterday, 08:36 PM

639 posts, read 140,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I'm not surprised. She hates Jews. I think she hates America too. She was laughing and mocking 9/11. Personally, I can't stand her.
Her description of 9/11..."Somebody did something"

Old Today, 05:38 AM

1,069 posts, read 201,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Her description of 9/11..."Somebody did something"

Yes, she should have said, Saudi Arabia, the US #2 ally in the ME, attacked us, sponsored the attack, and got away with it.

But calling out Saudi Arabia is not kosher.

Old Today, 05:56 AM

66,565 posts, read 30,379,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Banning boycotts of foreign countries is also a restriction of free speech and that was her focus, unfortunately that was lost because of the manner in which it was stated.
Anyone can boycott any foreign country they wish. It doesn't take a Congressional Resolution to do so. Furthermore, such a Congressional Resolution to boycott an ally is inappropriate and extremely ill-advised foreign policy. So what in the hell is Omar doing on the House Foreign Affairs Committee? Whoever made that committee assignment was incredibly foolish.

I hope Israel bans Omar and Tlaib from entry to Israel for the scheduled Congressional visit, as they have every right to. Both have proven to be extremely hostile to Israel.

Old Today, 06:16 AM

17,914 posts, read 8,921,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Correct. It is just not Israel hate. It is the hate, and disrespect of Jews, including American Jews, yet secular, Progressive American Jews defend , and vote lock step Democrat.

Old Today, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
No, her stance is hyper hypocrisy on steroids .... because, according to these loons, if you disagree with them, you’re a racist .... but their OVERT RACISM is simply defending freedom.
They went well beyond disagreeing with her point, of that were true there wouldn’t be such a reaction.

Old Today, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Anyone can boycott any foreign country they wish. It doesn't take a Congressional Resolution to do so. Furthermore, such a Congressional Resolution to boycott an ally is inappropriate and extremely ill-advised foreign policy. So what in the hell is Omar doing on the House Foreign Affairs Committee? Whoever made that committee assignment was incredibly foolish.

I hope Israel bans Omar and Tlaib from entry to Israel for the scheduled Congressional visit, as they have every right to. Both have proven to be extremely hostile to Israel.
Last year congress attempted to force contractors at the federal level to promise not to support the BDS boycott, they also attempted to pass a bill encouraging states to restrict companies they do business with for the same.

There are several states like NY and Texas that prohibit business with companies that support the boycott. So, yes that is true on the federal level but not on the state level but its not because they didn't try. I don't see her bill seeing the light of day but it sure got more attention than the unconstitutional bills that were anti-BDS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or