Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 02:24 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,064,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
Yeah, a bunch of women and children being crushed by tanks must have made your day.
If they want to set the place on fire and make themselves a wenie roast, I just want a good seat, popcorn and maybe a cold beer.

Old 04-15-2008, 02:35 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,114,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
If they want to set the place on fire and make themselves a wenie roast, I just want a good seat, popcorn and maybe a cold beer.
Perhaps you should check history; it was the FBI that set the buildings on fire. They concealed this until 1999 when it was released that the FBI used pyrotechnic devices that most likely caused the fire.

Old 04-15-2008, 02:46 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,681,868 times
Default Our GOvernment

Quote:
Perhaps you should check history; it was the FBI that set the buildings on fire. They concealed this until 1999 when it was released that the FBI used pyrotechnic devices that most likely caused the fire.

Clearly you didn't just point out Our Government covers up facts and lies to us. What a interesting concept that would be for the Government to tell the truth. I think a Revolution is needed clearly our Government can't be trusted and Justice and Liberty has been killed by this Government at long time ago.

Old 04-15-2008, 03:01 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times
An internet forum ain't the best place to start an armed insurrection IMO.

doc1 - 101st Chairborne Commandos

Old 04-15-2008, 03:02 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,114,683 times
Quote:
That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness....when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
Here's the best part...does this sound familiar...

Quote:

...has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

...has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies...

...has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil Power.

...imposing Taxes on us without our Consent...

We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury.

Old 04-15-2008, 03:35 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,554,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
An internet forum ain't the best place to start an armed insurrection IMO.

doc1 - 101st Chairborne Commandos
Perhaps all serving proudly under General Discontent?.....

Old 04-15-2008, 03:50 PM

Quote:
I did check history. The actual facts of how the fire started is not known. But we do know that the Davidians refused a lawful order to surrender peacefully so the important decision was theirs.

I enjoyed the weenie roast though. Yum!

Old 04-15-2008, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Clearly you didn't just point out Our Government covers up facts and lies to us. What a interesting concept that would be for the Government to tell the truth. I think a Revolution is needed clearly our Government can't be trusted and Justice and Liberty has been killed by this Government at long time ago.
Like I said, tell me when and where. I'll bring beach chairs and popcorn.

Old 04-15-2008, 03:57 PM

1,573 posts, read 4,063,144 times
Quote:
The difference with the whiskey tax (excise tax, clearly is that the money was used to pay down debt from the Revolution. The INCOME tax is different than an excise tax; entitlement spending is different than war debt spending.
So, as long as the money was used to kill people, that's OK, but to keep elders from having to eat dogfood, that's a waste of money?

Old 04-15-2008, 05:17 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,724,472 times
Nothings going to happen till the nation implodes and we're rioting for food. Then the tree humpers from the big city will come crying to us poor religion/second ammend. crutch rednecks!!!
P.S.Mamabee, You can own tanks and machine guns and military aircraft in this country! I know quit a few who have them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies