Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2009, 10:40 PM

539 posts, read 700,128 times

Advertisements

"The "government" monitors the stormfront "message board"........just google it and check it out. So does the Southern Poverty Law Center. Why in the world would you think that the "government" would not check out a message board? Have you ever heard of the FBI cyber crimes site?? It seems to me that possibly you have not."

Perhaps they should monitor the websites related to Thomas Jefferson.....

Every generation needs a new revolution.

Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories.

For a people who are free, and who mean to remain so, a well-organized and armed militia is their best security.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty.

The obama administration would add Jefferson on their "list"

Old 07-23-2009, 10:45 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,413,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicWings View Post
"One undesirable effect of the "Emancipation Proclimation""

add Barack Hussein Obama as an udesirable effect..
I fully support your Constitutional Right to be a racist, even if racism is based on ignorance.

Old 07-23-2009, 10:49 PM

4,465 posts, read 7,999,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Lincoln "Emancipation Proclimation" did exactly as it was designed to do, remove support for the Confederacy from newly abolishionist France and England. It made no attempt to free slave in the so called "Border States" or in northern states where slaves were still held, of course.

The South did not have a manufacturing infrastructure at this point and it became a war of attriction. The North simply had the better resources.

One undesirable effect of the "Emancipation Proclimation" was to spur draft riots in New York City.

BTW, a prize of One Internets to the first person who can name the Last Bastion of the Confederacy, the last municipality to repatriate.
Last battle was in Tx.

Confed Gov't gave up the ghost in Abbeville, SC, which is a good place for anything to go and die.

But I'm afraid that what kept the Brits neutral was Antietam- not Lincoln's classic.

Old 07-23-2009, 10:54 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,695,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post
Last battle was in Tx.

Confed Gov't gave up the ghost in Abbeville, SC, which is a good place for anything to go and die.

But I'm afraid that what kept the Brits neutral was Antietam- not Lincoln's classic.
Apparently the last battle has yet to be fought against the NEOCONfederacy

Old 07-23-2009, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Apparently the last battle has yet to be fought against the NEOCONfederacy
Just have 'em turn on NASCAR, or get 'em back to their family reunion to look for hot honies, they'll lose interest...........................

Old 07-23-2009, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Last battle was in Tx.

If the first two were attempts to answer my question, sorry, no Free Internets for you.

Antietam did indeed contribute, as did the "Trent Affair", and probrably the South's Cotton Diplomacy as well.

But the EP was the final nail in the coffin for material support from England, which subsequently banend all sales of weapons and ships to the Confederacy.

Had an ancester wh served on the USS Alabama, BTW.

Old 07-23-2009, 11:02 PM

Quote:
If the first two were attempts to answer my question, sorry, no Free Internets for you.

Antietam did indeed contribute, as did the "Trent Affair", and probrably the South's Cotton Diplomacy as well.

But the EP was the final nail in the coffin for material support from England, which subsequently banend all sales of weapons and ships to the Confederacy.

Had an ancester wh served on the USS Alabama, BTW.
Had 21 (I know of) who fought for the Rebs.

Not proud of that- just as Germans aren't proud of their Nazi forebearers.

Old 07-23-2009, 11:04 PM

Battle of Antietam

Union victory at Antietam prevent England-Confederacy allience courierpostonline :: 2006-05-30
It can be argued that without the Battle of Antietam, the Battle of Gettysburg might never have happened

http://books.google.com/books?id=046...sult&resnum=10

Old 07-23-2009, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Had 21 (I know of) who fought for the Rebs.

Not proud of that- just as Germans aren't proud of their Nazi forebearers.
I never bothered counting mine, have ancestors from both north and south.

Yes, I am indeed, an SOB

(Son of Both).

Old 07-23-2009, 11:15 PM

Quote:
I never bothered counting mine, have ancestors from both north and south.

Yes, I am indeed, an SOB

(Son of Both).
All mine were rebs, far as I know.

However, my great--great-grandpa (born in 1832) pulled a Thom Jefferson with at least one of his house slaves.

And while he did (very rare for the time) acknowledge their offspring in his will, it is possible that some of them (or their cousins) ran away to fight with the Union Army as so many slaves did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies