U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 01:17 PM

3,511 posts, read 685,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Only the more reflective Democrats such as myself are in panic mode. We are watching a clown car careening off a cliff. Debates that are a race to the bottom, with twenty candidates that outdo themselves in histrionics. These include attacks on America, attacks on productive groups of people, and identity politics. No one is a more radical progressive than I am, but I don't spend my time tearing down what's been built. You can't redistribute that which isn't created in the first place. People are not prepared to give up their standard of living to deal with the global warming apparition either.
How can you consider yourself a progressive? Do you know what elected progressives did a couple of nights ago in Takoma Park, MD (an extremely leftist town in liberal Maryland)? Over the objections of moderate Democrats and the Jewish community, they screened an anti-Israel film made by a notorious anti-Semite. They were so blinded by their liberal hate for Israel that they defied the Jewish community and county-level officials.

A Jewish friend of mine and his wife who live in Takoma Park are listing their house and moving to NoVa, where local officials don't provide a forum for blatant antisemites.

Please re-consider your vote. You're a smart guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 02:07 PM

19,398 posts, read 12,289,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Dem politicians in panic mode,falling back on personal attacks & smears to gain media control, PS thinks its time to fight dirty !!!

My first impression was how would we know ? What can they do that we haven't already seen ?

The Democrats in panic-town
https://video.foxnews.com/v/6060579479001/

Why this political scientist thinks the Democrats have to fight dirty - Vox
https://www.vox.com/2018/5/1/1725886...trump-election

Faris writes Democrats have to recognize this reality and act accordingly, especially now that the Republicans are poised to conquer the Supreme Court for a generation.
It appears they have "screwed the pooch" for the 2020 election. They will have another election cycle to get their house in order and we are probably due for another recession, so they will probably get the White House back then. Regardless of the cause of a recession, the presidency owns it, which produces a political backlash.

If the dems continue to promote the far left, however, it is going to be tough for them unless they can import about 40 million illegals to help them in the voting booth.

Old Today, 02:15 PM

7,205 posts, read 2,546,588 times
Conservatives must be collectively scared s**tless about their party’s long term viability if they have to resort incessantly to tripe like this thread just to settle their own damned nerves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or