U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2019, 09:44 PM

1,182 posts, read 591,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
Do you have a citation for that ? I've never heard a D or R advocate for that.

Maybe you can start here

https://berniesanders.com/issues/

Let me know if you find something.
Funny you say that, I have something right here for you that I was already watching.

21:45 or 23:40.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye0Xblp_Nb0

Old 07-21-2019, 09:50 PM

5,665 posts, read 1,523,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
Do you have a citation for that ? I've never heard a D or R advocate for that.

Maybe you can start here

https://berniesanders.com/issues/

Let me know if you find something.
Democrats want to expand their voter rolls and improve their chances by a number of proposals:

1) Giving the vote to illegals.
2) Lowering the voter age to 16.
3) Eliminating the Electoral College.

Last edited by EastwardBound; 07-21-2019 at 10:18 PM..

Old 07-21-2019, 09:53 PM

14,900 posts, read 12,347,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Democrats want to expand their voter rolls and improving their chances by a number of proposals:

1) Giving the vote to illegals.
2) Lowering the voter age to 16.
3) Eliminating the Electoral College.

Forgot allowing death row inmates/MS13 to vote, too.

Old 07-21-2019, 10:16 PM

7,192 posts, read 2,646,547 times
It is not right. The question is how to stop it. Trump rescinding financial aid to the northern triangle will only result in more illegal immigration.

Old 07-22-2019, 01:47 AM

23,366 posts, read 12,406,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
I always try to at least understand the opinions of those I don't agree with. It has always mystified me that anybody is defending illegals as if they were a persecuted victim class. They are even getting compared to slaves or holocaust victims. WTF? How?

Why is a person who scams their way into the United States, falsifies documents and/or steals identities in order to live and work here unlawfully entitled to the rights of citizens?

This is an honest question to all people advocating for the rights of "undocumented immigrants". Why do you think they are a righteous cause?
The rights folks are fighting for are advocating for aren't necessarily the 'right to legal status'...but the right to being treated like human beings.

Right now -- those folks seeking asylum and houses in unsatisfactory conditions are not treated humanely according to some.

As for those with illegal status who have worked in the US for years and years and have checked in on a regular basis with immigration deserve to be processed, put in the system.

That's what so many of you choose to ignore. Many of the folks that don't have status are on 'undocumented' - -they are documented...known to authorities, required to check in. But our govt. has not 'processed' them in a timely manner.

What kind of insane world do we live in where someone who is found to be here without documentation, is then documented and their case not processed in a timely manner. For years they report to immigration offices around the country -- as they are asked to do -- and for years they are told -- okay come back in six months, or a year.

And then one day, all of a sudden, after years, they are told -- oops we have to deport you.

What kind of sick world is that?

These people haven't taken your job, or taken your tax money....they are often paying taxes, working hard at their job......and yet somehow all of a sudden they are to be sent home. Many have spouses, children, etc......

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/11/n...portation.html

Old 07-22-2019, 05:49 AM

29,745 posts, read 15,570,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
The rights folks are fighting for are advocating for aren't necessarily the 'right to legal status'...but the right to being treated like human beings.

Right now -- those folks seeking asylum and houses in unsatisfactory conditions are not treated humanely according to some.

As for those with illegal status who have worked in the US for years and years and have checked in on a regular basis with immigration deserve to be processed, put in the system.

That's what so many of you choose to ignore. Many of the folks that don't have status are on 'undocumented' - -they are documented...known to authorities, required to check in. But our govt. has not 'processed' them in a timely manner.

What kind of insane world do we live in where someone who is found to be here without documentation, is then documented and their case not processed in a timely manner. For years they report to immigration offices around the country -- as they are asked to do -- and for years they are told -- okay come back in six months, or a year.

And then one day, all of a sudden, after years, they are told -- oops we have to deport you.

What kind of sick world is that?

These people haven't taken your job, or taken your tax money....they are often paying taxes, working hard at their job......and yet somehow all of a sudden they are to be sent home. Many have spouses, children, etc......

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/11/n...portation.html
They know they are breaking the law. They know the potential consequences. They CHOOSE to break our laws.

They can take their spouse and children home with them.

Old 07-22-2019, 05:52 AM

8,894 posts, read 7,769,805 times
Illegal immigration is all about a Dem move to increase minority voting, assuming most will vote Dem. Then they'll have a permanent majority, and can as dictators.

Old 07-22-2019, 07:07 AM

8,909 posts, read 4,473,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
I always try to at least understand the opinions of those I don't agree with. It has always mystified me that anybody is defending illegals as if they were a persecuted victim class. They are even getting compared to slaves or holocaust victims. WTF? How?

Why is a person who scams their way into the United States, falsifies documents and/or steals identities in order to live and work here unlawfully entitled to the rights of citizens?

This is an honest question to all people advocating for the rights of "undocumented immigrants". Why do you think they are a righteous cause?
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

All citizens of the u.s., ? no, all men ...

And they say immigrants need to assimilate into understanding what it means to be an American.

Old 07-22-2019, 07:14 AM

353 posts, read 50,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

All citizens of the u.s., ? no, all men ...

And they say immigrants need to assimilate into understanding what it means to be an American.

Absolute inanity.

The preamble to the Declaration of Independence does not inform US immigration law. Nor are immigration laws inconsistent with that Declaration.

Immigration laws exist for a reason in modern, advanced economies. If you can't accept that very base premise, then yours is an extreme minority position.

Only two types of people believe in unfettered immigration: bleeding heart liberals, and libertarians. Only the libertarians, however, have a morally and economically sound position on the issue, since they want to do away with all types of social welfare. The liberals hold the inconsistent position that you can fight poverty, reduce crime, increase the welfare state.... while allow resettlement of a billion people into the US from the most poverty stricken parts of the planet.

Naive foolishness. Liberals are absolute children in their thought processes. Pollyannish dummies.

Old 07-22-2019, 07:16 AM

9,642 posts, read 2,373,402 times
Why do people think illegal immigration is right?

I don't know anyone who thinks illegal immigration is ok. I have never heard such a thought uttered, until this thread, which makes me think it is just another leading headline.

The debate is about immigration policy, people's personal tragedies, and how we can best meet these challenges in a cost effective yet humane way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or