U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2019, 04:00 PM

1,222 posts, read 365,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
When did Trump stop policies to apply for asylum in their own countries? If they choose to leave their own countries without doing so then they are suppose to ask for asylum in the first safe country they go to. No, Trump didn't create this mess congress did and mainly the Democrats that won't change our asylum policies. They just want to let them all in even though most have bogus claims. If Trump doesn't want to end the problem then why has he just this week introduced a new asylum bill that eliminates the loopholes of entering our country illegally and then applying for asylum and also to apply in the first safe country they enter so WTH are you talking about?

Your and yours are getting screwed by the Democrats.
So the whole reason you created this post was to be able to use the words Dem, liberal and Trump, right? It's over boy.

Old 07-25-2019, 04:05 PM

13,196 posts, read 6,295,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleeGee View Post
So the whole reason you created this post was to be able to use the words Dem, liberal and Trump, right? It's over boy.
You are deflecting and don't know what you're talking about. What is "over", girl? Do tell.

Old 07-25-2019, 04:07 PM

2,198 posts, read 2,117,430 times
Just remember California's stance and the ironic twist it has the most complete boarder wall.

All you need to know

Old 07-25-2019, 05:02 PM

37,191 posts, read 16,498,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleeGee View Post
Huh? What's over?

Old 07-25-2019, 05:35 PM

1,182 posts, read 591,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
They are not.

Why are we not just shooting people dead as they try to cross the border? Why are we not gassing the people held in detention facilities? I mean, apparently illegal immigrants are subhuman monsters and democrats are literal demons so why isn't Trump calling for every one of them to be dragged into the streets by their hair and their throats cut and their bodies burned in the public square as a warning to all?

Apparently there IS a limit somewhere, or we'd be doing that or calling for it. So is acknowledging that there is a moral limit somewhere equate to no limits at all?

If you don't think all democrats and illegal immigrants should be executed, does it make you an evil commie ******* sympathizer who is just as bad and should die too?
Ridiculous. That's what people like you actually are telling people is happening, which is half of the problem. Idiots actually listen and believe what you're saying.

You're just ensuring a landslide 2020 Trump victory, which is the funny part.

Old 07-25-2019, 05:41 PM

48,448 posts, read 45,674,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Most liberals want open borders. End of story.
I don't identify as either conservative or liberal. I am a registered Democrat though. This is what I do want. I don't want open borders. I also don't think we need to build the wall. I just think we need to enforce the laws we have and get really hard on employers who hire illegals.

Old 07-25-2019, 07:21 PM

18,363 posts, read 9,045,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
The Democrats want it because they know its the secret to winning elections and never losing again. Get them here. Make them legal. Have them vote. Some are already voting now. Then their kids will become citizens and vote D as well. Its all about the votes. If the country is destroyed in the process who cares? Nancy can still take family photos all dressed in white at the country club. She gets hers and we are the suckers!!
^^^^^This. The Left (Democrats) want to Fundamentally Transform the U.S. like Obama said. ILLEGAL ALIENS are their way to do it. These aren't undocumented, these aren't immigrants. They are illegal aliens that NO OTHER COUNTRY ALLOWS. Why? They are destructive to a society. We have a legal immigration process. Follow it.

Old 07-25-2019, 10:00 PM

1,381 posts, read 337,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't identify as either conservative or liberal. I am a registered Democrat though. This is what I do want. I don't want open borders. I also don't think we need to build the wall. I just think we need to enforce the laws we have and get really hard on employers who hire illegals.
That works and it doesnt... while there are employers who do hire illegals because they will take abuse without complaint, its a crime that involves both parties. The illegals easily obtain fraudulent documentation thats not easily detected by businesses that want to be compliant.
And who would you prosecute, the top officials in the company? They are rarely involved in day to day hiring and wouldnt even be able to communicate with applicants. The people who directly interview and hire the workers are inherently going to be spanish speaking latinos who as often as not might be sympathetic to fellow latinos and look the other way from suspicious documents.
Its easy to say yeah the problem lies with rich business owners lets nail them but its a lot more complicated than that once a company has a large core of spanish speaking latinos employed, many of whom are former illegal immigrants. They arent going to be eager to deny jobs to people they see as similar to themselves and the business owners wouldnt know anything about it.

Old 07-25-2019, 11:10 PM

8,909 posts, read 4,473,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Those people who set up sanctuary cities, and tell criminal illegal immigrants/ MS13 to run/hide ignore the law.

We all know who that group is.
The same type of people who hid the slave in their basements, storm shelters and barns, from those north and south of the mason dixie line, during the civil war from the crazies that engulfed all territories of that era. Immigrants are not the ones ignoring the laws, they are the ones caught in the middle of the indecisiveness of the u.s. congress and the WH, to either follow the law to the letter that we have in legislature at this point, or change them, so that people can get on with their lives.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 07-25-2019 at 11:42 PM..

Old 07-25-2019, 11:18 PM

6,667 posts, read 6,855,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
If you know the laws, probably because you came here through the system LEGALLY, you will understand why it is so wrong to do it illegally. It's like flaunting it in your face. You obeyed the law, you filled in all the forms, you supplied the birth certificate, parent's birth certificates, paid for and got your back ground checked and sent that in, you got your injections and in depth medical exam by one of our doctors. You waited and waited and waited. Then you got the call to go to the embassy in your country and submit to the interview (which is not at all pleasant as the interviewers can be mean, rude, and intimidating.)

So why, if you went though all this and paid thousands of $$ to the US government for the privilege of coming here and getting a green card, would you have any sympathy for illegals? Any Democrat who has been through the system feels this way and we do NOT, repeat NOT want stupid open borders.

I know lots of Democrats, IRL and online, and not a single one has expressed support for open borders. What's your source for this assertion? I've not heard it claimed by anyone but Trump and his echo chamber. And we know he lies like fish swim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or