U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2019, 06:06 PM

10,698 posts, read 11,719,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
I always try to at least understand the opinions of those I don't agree with. It has always mystified me that anybody is defending illegals as if they were a persecuted victim class. They are even getting compared to slaves or holocaust victims. WTF? How?

Why is a person who scams their way into the United States, falsifies documents and/or steals identities in order to live and work here unlawfully entitled to the rights of citizens?

This is an honest question to all people advocating for the rights of "undocumented immigrants". Why do you think they are a righteous cause?
Those same people would not allow 20 strangers who just arrived at their home, to enter their front door without knowledge of disease,,,,, cleanliness, criminal intent or any other unknown.

Yet they want our country as a whole to be done that way!!

Old 07-28-2019, 04:45 AM

8,892 posts, read 4,469,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Those same people would not allow 20 strangers who just arrived at their home, to enter their front door without knowledge of disease,,,,, cleanliness, criminal intent or any other unknown.

Yet they want our country as a whole to be done that way!!
Some people feel that the one they turn away could be Christ. So no, none of your points that you made are going to matter a damn ... turning the person away is not going to deal with the issues you mention as those issues are here already.

Revelation 3:20 King James Version (KJV)

20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Old 07-28-2019, 04:54 AM

2,872 posts, read 1,425,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Some people feel that the one they turn away could be Christ. So no, none of your points that you made are going to matter a damn ... turning the person away is not going to deal with the issues you mention as those issues are here already.

Revelation 3:20 King James Version (KJV)

20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Oh please Iím a Christian and you are totally in the wrong here. Helping a stranger does not mean being the worlds doormat.

Old 07-28-2019, 05:06 AM

238 posts, read 557,398 times
I don’t think it’s right, I think the laws are wrong.

Don’t build a nation on immigration and then claim it sucks. Jesus lives next to mr. rauhmann and mr. katayama. All in a building owned by ms khaliya. None of them speak the same language; but they get along

Old 07-28-2019, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Oh please I’m a Christian and you are totally in the wrong here. Helping a stranger does not mean being the worlds doormat.
Quote:
I’m a Christian
Which means different things to different people yet, Christ is constant.

Leviticus 19:33-34 ESV

“When a stranger sojourns with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong. You shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.

btw: there is only one way, you're an American today ... never forget that.

Old 07-28-2019, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Which means different things to different people yet, Christ is constant.

Leviticus 19:33-34 ESV

ďWhen a stranger sojourns with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong. You shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.
This does NOT mean open borders no matter how hard you try to spin it.

Old 07-28-2019, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
This does NOT mean open borders no matter how hard you try to spin it.
How many generations back does your heritage go and where did they come from ... ? if people had never left their countries in ships to sail here ... America would not exist in the way that it does today.

btw: I just posted bible quotes; you take from it what you want, as that is how that works to begin with ... you're conscience, you're heart, you're guide. It is not a spin job as that would be something useless to try, utilizing God's word.

Old 07-28-2019, 05:46 AM

238 posts, read 557,398 times
Oh, so this is a digital open borders vs closed borders thing? Cmon. Pro-immigration does NOT equal open borders. I hate this equivocation ****. I’d be against kicking hitler’s ass at this rate.

Old 07-28-2019, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Oh, so this is a digital open borders vs closed borders thing? Cmon. Pro-immigration does NOT equal open borders. I hate this equivocation ****. I’d be against kicking hitler’s ass at this rate.
Internet connects us all. Well at least those who have access around the world. We can learn so much, if we care to.
Quote:
Pro-immigration does NOT equal open borders.
And yet, people do not seem to get that.

Old 07-28-2019, 06:50 AM

Quote:
How many generations back does your heritage go and where did they come from ... ? if people had never left their countries in ships to sail here ... America would not exist in the way that it does today.

btw: I just posted bible quotes; you take from it what you want, as that is how that works to begin with ... you're conscience, you're heart, you're guide. It is not a spin job as that would be something useless to try, utilizing God's word.
Do you not get that legal immigration and illegal immigration ARE NOT THE SAME? No use in keeping this conversation going because obviously you donít.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or