U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 05:40 PM

11,575 posts, read 8,491,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Also, it wasn't the Republicans who opposed e-verify it was the Democrats. Last time a Republican introduced and e-verify bill the Democrats would not sign it unless there was a mass amnesty attached to it. Trump has had e-verify in his last two budgets but I'm sure the Democrats opposed it just like they did in the past. Someone in here needs to get their facts straight.
What do YOU think should be done about people who were brought here as kids?

Limbo for the rest of their lives? That's where we are.

We can blame people who came here for a better life until hell freezes over. Where did that better life come from? How did they get it?

As far as e verify goes, Texas has been controlled mightily by Republicans since GWB was elected governor. Why has Texas not required e verify?

BTW, ICYMI, study by the university informs us that 1/2 the construction workers in Texas are illegal. The ones I know about are paid in cash.

Last edited by crone; 07-18-2019 at 05:41 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 07-18-2019, 05:44 PM

1,651 posts, read 332,264 times
Quote:
Also, it wasn't the Republicans who opposed e-verify it was the Democrats. Last time a Republican introduced and e-verify bill the Democrats would not sign it unless there was a mass amnesty attached to it. Trump has had e-verify in his last two budgets but I'm sure the Democrats opposed it just like they did in the past. Someone in here needs to get their facts straight.
The facts don't matter to them.

Children of "asylum seekers" were separated from their parents under Obama and not one of these "compassionate" liberals spoke up. They're just being led around by the politicians in Congress and the media.

Old 07-18-2019, 05:45 PM

7,340 posts, read 4,256,190 times
Quote:
Trump and Republicans give it lip service. But when it's time to pass it out of committee or vote on it, the support is never there. Too many represent farming districts which heavily lobby against it.

Old 07-18-2019, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Trump and Republicans give it lip service. But when it's time to pass it out of committee or vote on it, the support is never there. Too many represent farming districts which heavily lobby against it.
You know who DOES want to do something about it?

Donald Trump. He even offered citizenship to the DACA kids crone is supposedly so concerned about all of the sudden. But no, the Democrats wouldn't compromise even then.

Old 07-18-2019, 05:51 PM

37,173 posts, read 16,488,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
So, IOW, you are in favor of rewarding criminal behavior. Criminals who go on the lam and while on the lam work "30 years in a garage just to provide a stable life for [their] kids" still have to go to jail when the law catches up to them. Why do you hold double standards when it comes to this issue?

As for the kids who were brought here as minors---there is an old saying which I will paraphrase: The sins of the parents fall on the child. It means that none of us had any control over what our parents did or didn't do to us or for us when we were growing up. If these kids are angry about this, then they should lay the blame squarely where it belongs---and that's on their parents.

We had a big amnesty in 1986. That amnesty was supposed to be the one and only amnesty never to have another again. Instead, we've had several stealth amnesties. Illegals were never supposed to be able to hold jobs. Right now we have 8 million no-match SSNs in the work force. The border was supposed to be secured. Instead, it remains just about wide open. As you can see, democrats reneged on every promise they made in 1986. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Amnesties only beget more amnesties.
I guess that person thinks that if an illegal alien has managed to evade the law for years and steal a job from an American along with committing ID theft they should be rewarded for doing so? By allowing these so-called Dreamers to remain here isn't that rewarding their parents for bringing them her illegally and doesn't it set a precidence that all you have to do is drag your kids over the border illegally and they are home free? I guess they think their law breaking parents should be given amnesty also or we will have the crying of the "separation of families" thingy?

How will Americans get their jobs back if these illegals are allowed to remain here? How would it alleviate the overcrowded conditions that they have created and the additional depletion of our natural and social resources?

Illegal aliens aren't allowed to join our military either so how are they supposedly serving in it now? Or is this just another case of the felony ID theft that they commit to enlist? Guess felony ID theft should be rewarded to.

You're right, Reagan admitted that the amnesty he signed was a mistake as our border wasn't secured as promised and now we have at least quadruple the number of illegal aliens here today. What fool thinks it would be different this time around? Those that want another failed amnesty do so because they have a vested interest in illegal immigration. They fool no one!

Old 07-18-2019, 05:55 PM

22,451 posts, read 9,552,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
You’re not going to deport American citizens.
They might try. I'd love to be deported to Europe--that will save me the trouble of the visa application and all that red tape and expense. Gee--I'm white, boringly born and raised here--how can I get Trump to tell me to leave? Do I have to go back to the country from 2 generations ago? What are the "send her back" rules?

Old 07-18-2019, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
They might try. I'd love to be deported to Europe--that will save me the trouble of the visa application and all that red tape and expense. Gee--I'm white, boringly born and raised here--how can I get Trump to tell me to leave? Do I have to go back to the country from 2 generations ago? What are the "send her back" rules?
If you're serious, set up a GoFundMe account and I'd throw in a Jackson or two.

Old 07-18-2019, 06:01 PM

48,388 posts, read 45,654,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
The Democrats want it because they know its the secret to winning elections and never losing again. Get them here. Make them legal. Have them vote. Some are already voting now. Then their kids will become citizens and vote D as well. Its all about the votes. If the country is destroyed in the process who cares? Nancy can still take family photos all dressed in white at the country club. She gets hers and we are the suckers!!
Okay then. Ask yourself this. Why aren't an especially large number of minorities voting Republican? There used to be a higher percentage of Hispanic and Asians voting GOP. This has changed. And ask yourself why a large amout of Black voters have turned away from the GOP over the last 45 years. And if all you can come up with is the "free stuff" argument, that shows you don't get it.

Old 07-18-2019, 06:02 PM

7,340 posts, read 4,256,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
You know who DOES want to do something about it?

Donald Trump. He even offered citizenship to the DACA kids crone is supposedly so concerned about all of the sudden. But no, the Democrats wouldn't compromise even then.
Doesn't matter if the Democrats support it when the Republicans can't get on board themselves and they are the party in control.

Old 07-18-2019, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Doesn't matter if the Democrats support it when the Republicans can't get on board themselves and they are the party in control.
The Republicans never had a filibuster-proof majority (like the Democrats did when Obama was President) and the legislative filibuster is still in place.

Now, the lunatics are in charge of the House of Representatives, at least until 2020. Yet I'm sure you still blame the Republicans somehow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or