Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 02:28 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,226,099 times

Advertisements

I always try to at least understand the opinions of those I don't agree with. It has always mystified me that anybody is defending illegals as if they were a persecuted victim class. They are even getting compared to slaves or holocaust victims. WTF? How?

Why is a person who scams their way into the United States, falsifies documents and/or steals identities in order to live and work here unlawfully entitled to the rights of citizens?

This is an honest question to all people advocating for the rights of "undocumented immigrants". Why do you think they are a righteous cause?

Old 07-18-2019, 02:36 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,211,161 times
The cause is about people who wish asylum.

Trump has stopped policies which allowed people to apply for asylum in their home country. Trump has stopped aid to the countries which need our help. Trump has given up the leverage that we had with those counties.

Trump created this mess.

Trump does not nor does he want to end the problem.

Trump cannot figure out he screwed the pooch.

Old 07-18-2019, 02:45 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
The cause is about people who wish asylum.

Trump has stopped policies which allowed people to apply for asylum in their home country. Trump has stopped aid to the countries which need our help. Trump has given up the leverage that we had with those counties.

Trump created this mess.

Trump does not nor does he want to end the problem.

Trump cannot figure out he screwed the pooch.
When did Trump stop policies to apply for asylum in their own countries? If they choose to leave their own countries without doing so then they are suppose to ask for asylum in the first safe country they go to. No, Trump didn't create this mess congress did and mainly the Democrats that won't change our asylum policies. They just want to let them all in even though most have bogus claims. If Trump doesn't want to end the problem then why has he just this week introduced a new asylum bill that eliminates the loopholes of entering our country illegally and then applying for asylum and also to apply in the first safe country they enter so WTH are you talking about?

Your and yours are getting screwed by the Democrats.

Old 07-18-2019, 02:45 PM

3,403 posts, read 3,574,903 times
Be in their shoes and you will know why.

Old 07-18-2019, 02:50 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybklyn View Post
No one has a right to illegally immigrate to our country for any reason whatsoever!

Old 07-18-2019, 02:51 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,783,284 times
Republicans don't want a path to citizenship, they also don't want to pay for the costs of deporting over 11 million people, which are estimated to be around $600 billion to $1 trillion. People were angry that California is providing healthcare to illegal immigrants, but what's the alternative. ICE isn't deporting these people, so are we just going sit there while heath outcomes get worse?

Old 07-18-2019, 02:51 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,226,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybklyn View Post
I have traveled to multiple countries in my day and always felt like I was a guest in somebody else's home. It is insane to me, that people come here and think that they don't have to obey our immigration laws.

So no, I don't know why people think they can come to the United States illegally and then march around demanding the rights of citizens. That's not how immigration works anywhere in the world.

Old 07-18-2019, 02:52 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
I always try to at least understand the opinions of those I don't agree with. It has always mystified me that anybody is defending illegals as if they were a persecuted victim class. They are even getting compared to slaves or holocaust victims. WTF? How?

Why is a person who scams their way into the United States, falsifies documents and/or steals identities in order to live and work here unlawfully entitled to the rights of citizens?

This is an honest question to all people advocating for the rights of "undocumented immigrants". Why do you think they are a righteous cause?
Because most of them would vote for Democrats.

Next question please.

Old 07-18-2019, 02:53 PM

5,859 posts, read 3,297,105 times
The Democrats want it because they know its the secret to winning elections and never losing again. Get them here. Make them legal. Have them vote. Some are already voting now. Then their kids will become citizens and vote D as well. Its all about the votes. If the country is destroyed in the process who cares? Nancy can still take family photos all dressed in white at the country club. She gets hers and we are the suckers!!

Old 07-18-2019, 02:56 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
People simply don’t know right from wrong. Americans that support illegal immigration are just as bad as the people breaking our immigration laws. So UnAmerican. Disgusting people, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies