U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 07:27 PM

4,188 posts, read 2,612,210 times

Advertisements

Trump is your classic bomb-thrower - he has no idea what should happen, he just likes to tell everyone else that his/her policy stinks. He is about as far from a policy wonk as you can get. Kind of like Ronny Raygun in that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2019, 07:27 PM

24,166 posts, read 12,004,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
If people could afford medical care in this country then there would be no discussion and most would probably agree with you. But, as it stands, our society has created a problem that we ALL must remedy. No one lives in a vacuum in our country so we are all responsible, even you. We've had numerous chances and blew every one of them. Sadly, for people like you at least, the only solution left is socialized medicine. It's coming whether you like it or not.
No socialized anything. Don’t have the money, not my problem.

Old 07-18-2019, 09:05 PM

3,548 posts, read 968,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
No socialized anything. Don’t have the money, not my problem.
Don't you have a trust fund to fall back on? I am pretty sure I have seen you mention it in this forum before. How many people, even if they do live responsibly, can say the same?

Medical bills bankrupt many people because they can get into the hundreds of thousands or millions. It's all a mess and something needs to change. I am not sure of the best way, but the answer isn't "Who cares, pay for your own problems" when the costs are unreasonable even for fiscally responsible people.

Old 07-18-2019, 09:20 PM

6,361 posts, read 6,698,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Don't you have a trust fund to fall back on? I am pretty sure I have seen you mention it in this forum before. How many people, even if they do live responsibly, can say the same?

Medical bills bankrupt many people because they can get into the hundreds of thousands or millions. It's all a mess and something needs to change. I am not sure of the best way, but the answer isn't "Who cares, pay for your own problems" when the costs are unreasonable even for fiscally responsible people.
I agree healthcare reform is desperately needed. What concerns me is the talk from some Democratic candidates of healthcare for all, free higher education and “open borders”. You’re only fooling yourselves if you don’t think some Democrats are looking for open borders. Look at Calif Gov and Los Angeles Mayor speaking out against the last announced raids by telling the farther individuals how to avoid getting apprehended and that they stand with them in solidarity. Now these were individuals who already had their hearings and ordered return to their country of origin. If you think the illegal immigration problem is a big problem now, wait until it gets around that free healthcare and college to anyone who makes it across the border.

Old 07-18-2019, 09:41 PM

26,852 posts, read 11,268,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Where is the replacement for The ACA because he is in court actively trying to take affordable healthcare away from millions?

He has no environmental policy other than to dismantle protection for the sake of the big environmental offenders bottom line.

He lied to his fans about the Mexican paid for wall over and over again.

No infrastructure bill.

No negotiating for cheaper Rx drug prices.

Draining the swamp was actually the involuntary draining of his swamp and it's still filled with filth. His tax cut for the rich was surely achieved.

His hate-and fear mongering is only the distraction it is designed to be. My five year old nephew is too smart to fall for his giant con job smoke and mirror show. How do grown-ups buy into this?
Oh cool, something you and Trump have in common.

The less the Federal government does, the better.

Old 07-18-2019, 09:52 PM

26,971 posts, read 17,438,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Trump is your classic bomb-thrower - he has no idea what should happen, he just likes to tell everyone else that his/her policy stinks. He is about as far from a policy wonk as you can get. Kind of like Ronny Raygun in that way.
Yep...and he destroys Obama's Iran nuclear deal because he a jealous birther and then lies and claims how great he is for stopping a planned attack at the last minute to prevent collateral damage. And people buy this **** of poop. He breaks what is not broken and then takes credit for fixing it. Maybe he should have been a plumber.

Old 07-18-2019, 10:27 PM

27,117 posts, read 9,195,078 times
You mean like Omar !!!

No,

Trump didn't have a policy to marrying his brother !!!

Old 07-19-2019, 04:47 AM

30,392 posts, read 16,694,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
If people could afford medical care in this country then there would be no discussion and most would probably agree with you. But, as it stands, our society has created a problem that we ALL must remedy. No one lives in a vacuum in our country so we are all responsible, even you. We've had numerous chances and blew every one of them. Sadly, for people like you at least, the only solution left is socialized medicine. It's coming whether you like it or not.
The so-called "Affordable" Care Act was not affordable for thousands of people, with it's sky high premiums and deductibles so high as to make it worthless. Might as well take your money and toss it in the trash, because that's what you were doing.

Socialized medicine will be even worse. We will all pay and get poor care in return. Look at Canada. They are even denying care to the elderly. Remember when people talked about 'Death panels?' Canada has them.

Old 07-19-2019, 05:58 AM

79,555 posts, read 33,789,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"Take affordable healthcare away"?

People can't afford to use the pricey Obamacare policies they have because the deductibles, fees and co-pays are so high.
I agree but that doesn't address what is being said here. He said he had a wonderful program that every one was going to love. Where is it?

Quote:
The reason Democrats keep prodding Republicans to propose their own program is because an even worse Republican plan is the only thing that will bail them out.
Which seems the best we can hope for out of the Republican's.

Old 07-19-2019, 06:00 AM

79,555 posts, read 33,789,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The so-called "Affordable" Care Act was not affordable for thousands of people, with it's sky high premiums and deductibles so high as to make it worthless. Might as well take your money and toss it in the trash, because that's what you were doing.

Socialized medicine will be even worse. We will all pay and get poor care in return. Look at Canada. They are even denying care to the elderly. Remember when people talked about 'Death panels?' Canada has them.
Everyone has them. We always have. Insurance turns down care here also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies