U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 12:34 PM

24,141 posts, read 11,999,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Don't you have a trust fund to fall back on? I am pretty sure I have seen you mention it in this forum before. How many people, even if they do live responsibly, can say the same?

Medical bills bankrupt many people because they can get into the hundreds of thousands or millions. It's all a mess and something needs to change. I am not sure of the best way, but the answer isn't "Who cares, pay for your own problems" when the costs are unreasonable even for fiscally responsible people.
Yup. I have a trust fund plus a job where I get six figures a year. I pay for me.

Other people medical bills are not my problem. Therefore they pay for their own stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2019, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Do you know what insurance is?

Hint, it's not a private savings account where all your premiums are stored just for your use.
Yes I do. And I have no health insurance.

Old 07-19-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Yah. I really regret my choice to contract cancer. Love it when people go broke and die because of it.

(Hyperbole. I don't really have cancer.)
Still other people’s misfortune is not my problem.

Old 07-19-2019, 12:37 PM

79,555 posts, read 33,778,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Opinion:
Obama's 1.7 Billion dollar tribute hahahahah to Iran from tax payers funds.
Obama's Nobel Piece Prize agreement of over $200 billion in Arms sales to a top sponsor terrorist nation.

C'mon .....don't be a wet noodle.........stand up is usually Saturday night............this is a bit premature............
I supported little to nothing that Obama did so I do not know why you think this is a valid rebuttal. All the same, be honest in your condemnation.

The money was Irans to start with, the problem was Obama not having the cajones to do it in the light of day. Few condemned Obama's war mongering more than I.

Now do you have an actual point?

Old 07-19-2019, 12:40 PM

35,347 posts, read 19,359,365 times
Talking Oh yeah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Opinion:
Obama's 1.7 Billion dollar tribute hahahahah to Iran from tax payers funds.
Since you won't educate yourself, looks like it's time for another Old Gringo schoolin' session.

First of all, former President Barack Obama didn’t give “150 billion in cash” to Iran.
The nuclear agreement included China, France, Germany, Russia, the United Kingdom, the United States and the European Union, so Obama didn’t carry out any part of it on his own. The deal did lift some sanctions, which lifted a freeze on Iran’s assets that were held largely in foreign, not U.S., banks. And, to be clear, the money that was unfrozen belonged to Iran. It had only been made inaccessible by sanctions aimed at crippling the country’s nuclear program.
Secondly, $150 billion is a high-end estimate of the total that was freed up after some sanctions were lifted. U.S. Treasury Department estimates put the number at about $50 billion in “usable liquid assets,” according to 2015 testimony from Adam Szubin, acting under secretary of treasury for terrorism and financial intelligence.

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/03/ob...llion-in-cash/

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/21/polit...eck/index.html

https://www.apnews.com/afs:Content:2693370009

Quote:
Obama's Nobel Piece Prize agreement of over $200 billion in Arms sales to a top sponsor terrorist nation.

C'mon .....don't be a wet noodle.........stand up is usually Saturday night............this is a bit premature............
Trumplings...

So eager to swallow any and all of his lies.

Carry on.

Last edited by Old Gringo; 07-19-2019 at 12:52 PM..

Old 07-20-2019, 05:34 AM

30,499 posts, read 20,151,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The law will cover that. Employers do not pocket their share of Medicare costs now. An employer matches what an employee pays.

You can't ignore facts and expect people to take your questions seriously.

It's certainly possible that the few companies still providing a good health care plan may see their costs go down some as the costs get spread wider, but that is perfectly fine.
Oh, so the plan is to **** the little guy so the greedy multinational corporation that employs him/her can get something for nothing!

Old 07-20-2019, 05:44 AM

18,140 posts, read 8,981,960 times
Trump policies

Economic prosperity/Job creation - Tax Cuts, Less onerous Regulation, Pro business attitude, historically LOW UNEMPLOYMENT.

Trade - Strike better trade deals with our trade partners to level the playing field and create more jobs in the U.S.

Energy - Allow the extraction of U.S. domestic fossil fuels. Its working the U.S. is the largest oil producer, and net energy exporter. World energy prices are LOW due to increase supply.

Border Security - Promote measures to secure border and reduce the invasion of ILLEGAL ALIENS whom are draining U.S. resources.

National Defense - Strong military to keep us secure.

Just a few off the top of my head. Trump's policies are working. The OP suffers from extreme delusional behavior, and can not ignore the above so must attempt to deceive (lie).

Old 07-22-2019, 08:26 PM

7,988 posts, read 3,483,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Trump stated previously he likes the uneducated. Do his supporters think he was complimenting them?
They probably do. I wonder what they see in this Liar. He has told over 10,000 lies already. Yet they follow blindly.

Old 07-22-2019, 08:30 PM

10,897 posts, read 11,957,140 times
The struggle is real for the OP. LOL

Old Today, 02:20 AM

5,260 posts, read 2,099,532 times
No. He's so busy thinking about or reacting to how he is being treated , complaining, defending, Tweeting, watching TV, touting how great he is, having rallies or going golfing, that he doesn't have time for his job or even think about doing something for the betterment of the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies