Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 06:02 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,848,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Where is the replacement for The ACA because he is in court actively trying to take affordable healthcare away from millions?

He has no environmental policy other than to dismantle protection for the sake of the big environmental offenders bottom line.

He lied to his fans about the Mexican paid for wall over and over again.

No infrastructure bill.

No negotiating for cheaper Rx drug prices.

Draining the swamp was actually the involuntary draining of his swamp and it's still filled with filth. His tax cut for the rich was surely achieved.

His hate-and fear mongering is only the distraction it is designed to be. My five year old nephew is too smart to fall for his giant con job smoke and mirror show. How do grown-ups buy into this?

C'mon pal.........you know how the left believes that money grows on trees.
I guess they are just to darned lazy to pick'em. Now that's really sad...............(sarcasm)

President Donald Trump 2020 Woo....Hoo.................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2019, 06:05 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
C'mon pal.........you know how the left believes that money grows on trees.
I guess they are just to darned lazy to pick'em. Now that's really sad...............(sarcasm)

President Donald Trump 2020 Woo....Hoo.................
It grows on the very same tree as the 54 billion Trump added to throw away in the Middle East.

Old 07-19-2019, 06:16 AM

20,108 posts, read 9,018,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"Take affordable healthcare away"?

People can't afford to use the pricey Obamacare policies they have because the deductibles, fees and co-pays are so high.

Now, Democrats are taking about giving the plan I have been paying into for forty years to people that have never paid into it.

Do I get reimbursed for the money I have been paying in all this time when everyone else gets it for free?

Of course, it doesn't really matter because "Medicare for all" is a talking point to nowhere.

It's sole purpose is to move the conversation away from the Obamacare disaster that Democrats now own 100%.

The reason Democrats keep prodding Republicans to propose their own program is because an even worse Republican plan is the only thing that will bail them out.
Dems talk about single-payer but it's all talk. Not one of them has submitted legislation to implement it or given anyone specifics on how it would be paid for. And it's been kicking around for more than 5 years.

Biggest scam on the American public since Obamacare. All talk, all BS.

We'll Bernie did mention 40 trillion as the price tag for his plan for 10 years. Good thing our entire federal budget is about 4.5 trillion a year. Sounds like that would work huh?

Old 07-19-2019, 06:24 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,179,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
No replacement needed. Pay for your own stuff. Personal responsibility. Do not force me to pay for your poor choices in life.
Do you know what insurance is?

Hint, it's not a private savings account where all your premiums are stored just for your use.

Old 07-19-2019, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Dems talk about single-payer but it's all talk. Not one of them has submitted legislation to implement it or given anyone specifics on how it would be paid for. And it's been kicking around for more than 5 years.
Bernie Sanders Introduces ‘Medicare for All’ Bill. Here’s What It Says

Sanders, who also sought the Democratic nomination in 2016, has backed the concept for years and offered similar legislation in 2013, when it attracted no co-sponsors.

https://fortune.com/2019/04/10/berni...-for-all-bill/

Quote:
Biggest scam on the American public since Obamacare. All talk, all BS.

We'll Bernie did mention 40 trillion as the price tag for his plan for 10 years. Good thing our entire federal budget is about 4.5 trillion a year. Sounds like that would work huh?
You conveniently avoid as do most that we are paying now. We pay for the homeless person with no health care. We pay ourselves. We pay for the single mom one way or the other.

In reality this would get more people paying into the health care system. We pay into Medicare now. People who get "free" health care pay into it.

Old 07-19-2019, 07:24 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
Trump is a big bullsh***er. Almost everytime he opens his obnoxious mouth he is telling a lie. His supporters don’t have a problem with it either. Couldn’t imagine a Democrat getting away with the same thing.

Old 07-19-2019, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Trump is a big bullsh***er. Almost everytime he opens his obnoxious mouth he is telling a lie. His supporters don’t have a problem with it either. Couldn’t imagine a Democrat getting away with the same thing.
Obama did.

Ban lobbyist? A lie

Prosecute the bankers? A lie

Keep your insurance? A lie.

End the wars? A lie.

Not start new wars? A lie

How many do you want? I can continue.

No, none of it excuses Trump but I said when people were refusing to hold Obama accountable for his lies that the next president was going to be even worse most likely, here we are.

Old 07-19-2019, 07:33 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
If people could afford medical care in this country then there would be no discussion and most would probably agree with you. But, as it stands, our society has created a problem that we ALL must remedy. No one lives in a vacuum in our country so we are all responsible, even you. We've had numerous chances and blew every one of them. Sadly, for people like you at least, the only solution left is socialized medicine. It's coming whether you like it or not.
I didn't create any problem therefore I shall have no part in fixing anything. My HC isn't broken.

Old 07-19-2019, 08:19 AM

2,260 posts, read 1,137,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Rick Wilson summed it up well.

"Trump understands his Deplorables with an almost anthropological eye; he knows they’re not just looking for validation or jobs or a drained Swamp; they’re looking for permission to be as cruel, grotesque, and vicious as he is."

"He knows they’re addicted now to the way he enables and empowers them to say and do the things they want, regardless of consequence. His brilliant, ****ty showmanship is tuned to their Bubba Belt sensibilities; crude, loud, a vulgarian warrior giving them permission to blow up a society leaving them behind."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...e-war?ref=home
That is trumps policy. Its only to be idolized. Its the only way he knows how is to appeal to the bigots. The crowd thinks he wants to bring rude bigotry back. Thats all these people want. Its not even for anything he has actually done, hes done nothing. He already admitted that he knows thats what works to get the reaction and votes he wants. He will just keep ramping it up until he sees it doesnt work anymore. All I can hope for that he continues to make himself look like more of a jackass than he already is.

Old 07-19-2019, 08:33 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Trump stated previously he likes the uneducated. Do his supporters think he was complimenting them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies