U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-19-2019, 02:08 PM
 
Location: Suburb of Chicago
21,021 posts, read 10,157,246 times
Reputation: 20380

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
"POC Privilege". People are afraid to call out her lies, ignorance, racism and bigotry-for fear of being called a racist themselves. She appears to have been playing the "race card" much of her life-and has gotten away with it. Until she tangled with someone that really doesn't care about appearing politically correct. She, and the rest of the vile bigots of "the Squad" appear shocked to have finally, perhaps for the first time in their lives, been called out for what they are. I support Trump "calling them out"-it was LONG past time someone did. I do NOT support his foolish "go back to where you are from" statement. A little more thought before hitting the "send" button is a good thing.
I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't rise to each of her positions using the same tactic. If you think about it, it's a form of manipulation AND bullying. And if the garbage that comes out of her mouth was said by anyone else, it would be called hate speech. Personally, I think she and the other women in the *squad* are nuts, but that won't stop the apologists from defending her and her antics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I think thereís a fair chance that she married her brother for the purpose of gaining his citizenship. The facts that we do know tell us that she had a period of time in which she was filing false tax returns with another man, and I think thatís enough to warrant an investigation. I donít think itís all that outrageous a hypothesis given the old Instagram posts and photos and the whole ďmy husband disappeared, I canít find him, grant me a divorceĒ while he was designing websites for her sisterís business. Something isnít right here.
I think that was her motive, as well and it's odd to me that people aren't willing to investigate anyone when it looks like they've done something illegal. They're in complete denial that legitimate news sources are saying something is wrong with this picture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-19-2019, 02:14 PM
 
Location: Austin TX
6,241 posts, read 3,529,721 times
Reputation: 8286
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't rise to each of her positions using the same tactic. If you think about it, it's a form of manipulation AND bullying. And if the garbage that comes out of her mouth was said by anyone else, it would be called hate speech. Personally, I think she and the other women in the *squad* are nuts, but that won't stop the apologists from defending her and her antics.



I think that was her motive, as well and it's odd to me that people aren't willing to investigate anyone when it looks like they've done something illegal. They're in complete denial that legitimate news sources are saying something is wrong with this picture.
Thatís how bipartisan people have become, my friend. Progressives will defend a person who in ordinary circumstances theyíd join in laying a beat down to if that person stands against the GOP or Donald Trump. Hard line conservatives will do the same. The extremists ignore the actual content of these stories I believe; they quickly scan for content and blast out retorts based on ďsidesĒ only.

I find stories like this fascinating. The drama! The intrigue! I never buy into conspiracies, but this one has legs. Itís going to be interesting to see what pans out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2019, 02:23 PM
 
66,705 posts, read 30,481,281 times
Reputation: 8715
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
"She hasn't offered proof of anything.." Why should she? We all saw where that got Obama.
Obama was adopted by his step-dad, Soetoro, according to the Soetoro's divorce decree which listed both he and his sister as children of the divorcing parties, so that's who should have been listed as his father on his Hawaiian birth certificate as birth certificates are amended upon adoption. There has never been any explanation for why he wasn't.

As to your other objections, it's already known that Omar had to file amended tax returns and pay several thousands of dollars in additional tax and penalties for filing jointly for 2 years with a man when she was actually married to another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2019, 02:35 PM
 
Location: 500 miles from home
30,219 posts, read 16,706,468 times
Reputation: 22736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Wow. The right-wing blogosphere has dialed the hate up to eleven, haven't they?
You know - it doesn't take much to get them there.


Of course with the Birther-In-Chief egging them on; they simply can't help themselves.


I just listed to Dump spew more lies about every one of these congresswomen.


It's always a woman with him, isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2019, 02:36 PM
 
Location: Suburb of Chicago
21,021 posts, read 10,157,246 times
Reputation: 20380
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Thatís how bipartisan people have become, my friend. Progressives will defend a person who in ordinary circumstances theyíd join in laying a beat down to if that person stands against the GOP or Donald Trump. Hard line conservatives will do the same. The extremists ignore the actual content of these stories I believe; they quickly scan for content and blast out retorts based on ďsidesĒ only.

I find stories like this fascinating. The drama! The intrigue! I never buy into conspiracies, but this one has legs. Itís going to be interesting to see what pans out.
I know, and it makes me sick. Party loyalty and excuse making is why we have such lousy politicians. Loyalists will make excuses for everything - a trend that started decades ago and is getting worse.

I'm also a fan of investigative reporting. It makes me wonder how this could have been missed all this time, however.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2019, 02:47 PM
 
2,507 posts, read 873,769 times
Reputation: 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Ilhan Omar entered this country illegally (not her fault she was 12 years old at the time) in 1995. Her real name is Ilhan Nur Said Elmi. The Elmis (her real family - a father and 5 children) who lived in a Kenyan refuge camp, split up in 1995. Her 3 siblings (Leila Nur Said Elmi, Mohamed Nur Said Elmi, and Ahmed Nur Said Elmi) were given asylum in the UK and eventually got UK citizenship. The Omars, (an unrelated family that was being given asylum in the US) allowed Ilhan's father, her sister Sahra and Ilhan to use false names and apply for asylum as part of their family.

You can read the rest of the story here where all of the proof is laid out for you in the sequence of it happening when she was an adult here:

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archiv...rious-case.php

If she's smart, she sure doesn't show it as she left a big legal paper trail and social media postings (which she subsequently deleted) that make the case against her.

The bottom line is she perjured herself 8 times (documentation exists - see link above) and Minnesota law allows up to 5 years in prison for each time she did it. But she could also be in trouble for federal tax fraud, student loan fraud, immigration fraud and marriage fraud.

I think the person who may not finish their term is her...that is, if the law is applied fairly.
I tried to read this blog, but it is extremely poorly written and hard to follow. Comes off as a lot of hearsay with no verifiable evidence. I also would not trust the Powerline blog, according to the site MediaBias/Fact Check: "Overall, we rate Power Line strongly right biased based on story selection that always favors the right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the use of poor sources that have failed numerous fact checks"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2019, 02:47 PM
 
Location: Austin TX
6,241 posts, read 3,529,721 times
Reputation: 8286
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I know, and it makes me sick. Party loyalty and excuse making is why we have such lousy politicians. Loyalists will make excuses for everything - a trend that started decades ago and is getting worse.

I'm also a fan of investigative reporting. It makes me wonder how this could have been missed all this time, however.
The trouble stems from places like Somalia, where government record-keeping is loose and non-committal. People arrive here with very few identifying documents, requiring Immigration to take a lot of information as truth, with no way to verify it. Itís not too terribly difficult for families to bring in extra members who *arenít* actually members. And then on top of that you have tight knit Muslim communities here in the US that operate a lot of community affairs and such outside of US law. Weddings are performed without licenses, disagreements are worked out with Islamic dispute resolution. They internalize much of their own affairs, which makes official record keeping a real pain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2019, 04:12 PM
 
Location: Living rent free in your head
31,215 posts, read 13,715,498 times
Reputation: 22272
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Obama was adopted by his step-dad, Soetoro, according to the Soetoro's divorce decree which listed both he and his sister as children of the divorcing parties, so that's who should have been listed as his father on his Hawaiian birth certificate as birth certificates are amended upon adoption. There has never been any explanation for why he wasn't.

As to your other objections, it's already known that Omar had to file amended tax returns and pay several thousands of dollars in additional tax and penalties for filing jointly for 2 years with a man when she was actually married to another.
Let it go, Obama is not a Muslim and he was not born in Kenya
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2019, 04:41 PM
 
Location: Suburb of Chicago
21,021 posts, read 10,157,246 times
Reputation: 20380
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
The trouble stems from places like Somalia, where government record-keeping is loose and non-committal. People arrive here with very few identifying documents, requiring Immigration to take a lot of information as truth, with no way to verify it. Itís not too terribly difficult for families to bring in extra members who *arenít* actually members. And then on top of that you have tight knit Muslim communities here in the US that operate a lot of community affairs and such outside of US law. Weddings are performed without licenses, disagreements are worked out with Islamic dispute resolution. They internalize much of their own affairs, which makes official record keeping a real pain.
Ah, got it. I'd suggest that we limit all of our political offices to people who are born in this country, but I'm sure people will accuse me of some *ism* or *ic*.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2019, 04:57 PM
 
Location: Living rent free in your head
31,215 posts, read 13,715,498 times
Reputation: 22272
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
The trouble stems from places like Somalia, where government record-keeping is loose and non-committal. People arrive here with very few identifying documents, requiring Immigration to take a lot of information as truth, with no way to verify it. Itís not too terribly difficult for families to bring in extra members who *arenít* actually members. And then on top of that you have tight knit Muslim communities here in the US that operate a lot of community affairs and such outside of US law. Weddings are performed without licenses, disagreements are worked out with Islamic dispute resolution. They internalize much of their own affairs, which makes official record keeping a real pain.
Refugees don't hit US soil unless their identity can be verified, they go through a very vigorous vetting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top