U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 08:27 AM

16,315 posts, read 6,438,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Ilhan Omar entered this country illegally (not her fault she was 12 years old at the time) in 1995. Her real name is Ilhan Nur Said Elmi. The Elmis (her real family - a father and 5 children) who lived in a Kenyan refuge camp, split up in 1995. Her 3 siblings (Leila Nur Said Elmi, Mohamed Nur Said Elmi, and Ahmed Nur Said Elmi) were given asylum in the UK and eventually got UK citizenship. The Omars, (an unrelated family that was being given asylum in the US) allowed Ilhan's father, her sister Sahra and Ilhan to use false names and apply for asylum as part of their family.

You can read the rest of the story here where all of the proof is laid out for you in the sequence of it happening when she was an adult here:

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archiv...rious-case.php

If she's smart, she sure doesn't show it as she left a big legal paper trail and social media postings (which she subsequently deleted) that make the case against her.

The bottom line is she perjured herself 8 times (documentation exists - see link above) and Minnesota law allows up to 5 years in prison for each time she did it. But she could also be in trouble for federal tax fraud, student loan fraud, immigration fraud and marriage fraud.

I think the person who may not finish their term is her...that is, if the law is applied fairly.
Even though I detest Omar, I am a fan of Ayaan Hirsi Ali. Ms. Ali did pretty much the same thing. Names in Somalia are a much looser affair than in the U.S.A. It's not like babies are born at hospitals and birth certificate information is promptly conveyed to the county clerk at birth. Names are based on ancestral name chains, which can become quite confusing.

Omar is a fraud. But let's pick sounder grounds than her name. Her marriage and student loan are probably fair game, as is her standing as a traitor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2019, 10:05 AM

4,071 posts, read 5,376,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
If she married her brother, she likely had sex with him so she committed incest. That ain't pretty...
I would never defend Omar in any way shape or form. She is the lowest form of life in this country.

The religious 'marriage' to her brother was simply to expedite his immigration to the US as a spouse moves more quickly through the system than does a brother.

That is still Fraud no matter how you slice it. Then filing a joint tax return with another man while still married to her brother is Tax Fraud.

There are multiple crimes having occurred here. I'm not holding my breath waiting for justice in this case, it ain't coming.

I can assure you this, I will support any candidate running against her as I'm in her district. Her indiscretions, positions and actions nauseate me. She is an embarrassment to all stable Minnesotans.

This also points to a real issue which will fundamentally alter the City of Minneapolis going forward. All those immigrants, like Omar, once they are citizens, begin to bring all sorts of family members over. The Somali population tends to abuse all systems in place, from welfare benefits to voting. They don't assimilate and hate anyone not Muslim. They simply don't belong in this country. We are ultimately screwed.

Old 08-23-2019, 11:35 AM

31,523 posts, read 13,938,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
All those immigrants, like Omar, once they are citizens, begin to bring all sorts of family members over. The Somali population tends to abuse all systems in place, from welfare benefits to voting. They don't assimilate and hate anyone not Muslim. They simply don't belong in this country. We are ultimately screwed.
lol so do Russians, Ukrainians, Moldovans, Chinese, Iraqi's, Pakistani's etc. etc. They all bring their families here using the system Trump likes to call chain migration. So is your problem limited to Somali's bringing their families here, or would you extend it to all immigrants? Before you answer you should realize that the system you hate so much is the very one that Melania Trump used to bring her family here. https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...8eb_story.html

Old 08-23-2019, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
lol so do Russians, Ukrainians, Moldovans, Chinese, Iraqi's, Pakistani's etc. etc. They all bring their families here using the system Trump likes to call chain migration. So is your problem limited to Somali's bringing their families here, or would you extend it to all immigrants? Before you answer you should realize that the system you hate so much is the very one that Melania Trump used to bring her family here. https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...8eb_story.html
Ha ha, I have my own immigrant. See my profile. We are in the system trying to bring her daughter over, and by the way it's about a 12 year wait unless it's a husband/wife situation.

I have issue with those who hate my country and me in general. You should too. Immigrants that come here seeking a better life and actually working towards it is a good thing. Coming here to exploit a system and push an agenda is wrong on all levels.

Old 08-23-2019, 02:00 PM

31,523 posts, read 13,938,084 times
Quote:
Ha ha, I have my own immigrant. See my profile. We are in the system trying to bring her daughter over, and by the way it's about a 12 year wait unless it's a husband/wife situation.

I have issue with those who hate my country and me in general. You should too. Immigrants that come here seeking a better life and actually working towards it is a good thing. Coming here to exploit a system and push an agenda is wrong on all levels.
ok, so let me see if I have this right. Since you singled out Somali's you feel that they are coming here to "exploit a system and push an agenda", but your family is different, so chain migration is a good thing when it involves you and people you love?

Old Today, 04:22 PM

Quote:
ok, so let me see if I have this right. Since you singled out Somali's you feel that they are coming here to "exploit a system and push an agenda", but your family is different, so chain migration is a good thing when it involves you and people you love?
No government hand-outs here, no daycare scandals... She came with out even a pot to cook in, worked sometimes three jobs to survive. After five years she became an American Citizen. I don't care who you are, as long as you work hard and embrace the country you're immigrating to, you're good to go.

Old Today, 04:31 PM

30,338 posts, read 16,840,504 times
Quote:
That's pretty much what he typed.

Old Today, 04:35 PM

23,023 posts, read 17,044,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
This is getting interesting.
Meh. It will only get interesting if people like this are actually to pay for the crimes that they committed. I'm not holding my breath - we definitely have a tiered justice system here.

Old Today, 07:20 PM

13,095 posts, read 4,027,835 times
Quote:
I would never defend Omar in any way shape or form. She is the lowest form of life in this country.

The religious 'marriage' to her brother was simply to expedite his immigration to the US as a spouse moves more quickly through the system than does a brother.

That is still Fraud no matter how you slice it. Then filing a joint tax return with another man while still married to her brother is Tax Fraud.

There are multiple crimes having occurred here. I'm not holding my breath waiting for justice in this case, it ain't coming.

I can assure you this, I will support any candidate running against her as I'm in her district. Her indiscretions, positions and actions nauseate me. She is an embarrassment to all stable Minnesotans.

This also points to a real issue which will fundamentally alter the City of Minneapolis going forward. All those immigrants, like Omar, once they are citizens, begin to bring all sorts of family members over. The Somali population tends to abuse all systems in place, from welfare benefits to voting. They don't assimilate and hate anyone not Muslim. They simply don't belong in this country. We are ultimately screwed.
You are very right about that a lot of these non-Western immigrants, not just Somalis, don't assimilate and are abusing and imposing on the system. There's no good reason to have mass, global immigration than to screw over America and Americans. Making this country more and more diverse is not a moral or ethical thing to do that the left has brainwashed people into believing. It's completely the opposite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or