U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-18-2019, 09:26 PM
 
5,573 posts, read 2,054,110 times
Reputation: 7064

Advertisements

Sorry, I'm not buying this story. "PowerLine blog" is not a legitimate source of information.

When there's a legitimate news story on a neutral news site then I'll pay attention. For now, I'm ignoring this story about Rep. Omar. It's trash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-18-2019, 09:33 PM
 
13,846 posts, read 14,701,455 times
Reputation: 11556
She seems to scare all but one of you in these 3 pages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2019, 09:38 PM
 
940 posts, read 202,387 times
Reputation: 1472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Sorry, I'm not buying this story. "PowerLine blog" is not a legitimate source of information.

When there's a legitimate news story on a neutral news site then I'll pay attention. For now, I'm ignoring this story about Rep. Omar. It's trash.

New documents revisit questions on Rep. Omar's marriage history - StarTribune.com

This from 2016:
Ilhan Omar's marriage certificate questions, and her response - Story | KMSP
In 2002, Omar, then just 19, swore out a marriage license with a man named Ahmed Aden. They write that they were married by the Muslim Church, but were having trouble getting housing and insurance. Hennepin County has no marriage certificate or final record that legalized the marriage.

Then, in 2009, she at least on paper legally marries a man by the name of Ahmed Nur Said Elmi.

In recent interviews, Ilhan Omar has said her husband is a third man -- Ahmed Hirsi -- the father of the couple's 3 children. We could not find any divorce records in Ilhan Omar's name in Minnesota.

While Ilhan Omar's campaign wouldn't provide any documentation or explanation for the marriage licenses on file, they did release a statement calling the rumors about her personal life “absurd” and “false.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2019, 09:40 PM
 
Location: Philaburbia
32,436 posts, read 60,018,032 times
Reputation: 54097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
She committed fraud when applying for asylum. She needs her citizenship revoked, and needs to be deported.
She was a minor when her family was approved for asylum. How could she have committed fraud?

She's been a naturalized citizen since she was 17.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2019, 09:42 PM
 
13,846 posts, read 14,701,455 times
Reputation: 11556
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
New documents revisit questions on Rep. Omar's marriage history - StarTribune.com

This from 2016:
Ilhan Omar's marriage certificate questions, and her response - Story | KMSP
In 2002, Omar, then just 19, swore out a marriage license with a man named Ahmed Aden. They write that they were married by the Muslim Church, but were having trouble getting housing and insurance. Hennepin County has no marriage certificate or final record that legalized the marriage.

Then, in 2009, she at least on paper legally marries a man by the name of Ahmed Nur Said Elmi.

In recent interviews, Ilhan Omar has said her husband is a third man -- Ahmed Hirsi -- the father of the couple's 3 children. We could not find any divorce records in Ilhan Omar's name in Minnesota.

While Ilhan Omar's campaign wouldn't provide any documentation or explanation for the marriage licenses on file, they did release a statement calling the rumors about her personal life “absurd” and “false.”
You wanna pick on her for her married life. Look at trump how many wives all immigrants btw, numerous affairs and pay offs, rape accusations and numerous kids from numerous wives. Get real
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2019, 09:42 PM
 
1,334 posts, read 304,441 times
Reputation: 1562
bro-fo Omar needs to be deported stat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2019, 09:46 PM
 
940 posts, read 202,387 times
Reputation: 1472
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
You wanna pick on her for her married life. Look at trump how many wives all immigrants btw, numerous affairs and pay offs, rape accusations and numerous kids from numerous wives. Get real
It's her tax returns and applications for welfare that bring her marriage history up for investigation.

A religious Muslim marriage without getting a license from the state is not a legal marriage in the US.
It might be in some other countries but not the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2019, 09:50 PM
 
262 posts, read 134,190 times
Reputation: 370
This is prime example of why we need to enforce our laws. How in the world does an Illegal become a member of Congress and gets away with it?

Trump was right, she needs to go back to her country and that's not a racist statement, especially since she committed multiple fraudulent claims to be here. Her citizenship needs to be revoked and we need to deport her ASAP and never allow her or anyone in her family in this country again.

This is how we lose our country. The enemy is within. What's next, an anchor baby becoming President of the US?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2019, 09:52 PM
 
13,846 posts, read 14,701,455 times
Reputation: 11556
Quote:
Originally Posted by scot892 View Post
This is prime example of why we need to enforce our laws. How in the world does an Illegal become a member of Congress and gets away with it?

Trump was right, she needs to go back to her country and that's not a racist statement, especially since she committed multiple fraudulent claims to be here. Her citizenship needs to be revoked and we need to deport her ASAP and never allow her or anyone in her family in this country again.

This is how we lose our country. The enemy is within. What's next, an anchor baby becoming President of the US?
The enemy within is trump. We have free speech in USA even if trump doesn’t like what was said. In the sixties a bumper sticker said America love it or leave it. The rebuttal was America love it or change it. This is what these women are doing. Btw they were elected like trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2019, 10:35 PM
 
27,220 posts, read 9,230,530 times
Reputation: 9493
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
The enemy within is trump. We have free speech in USA even if trump doesn’t like what was said. In the sixties a bumper sticker said America love it or leave it. The rebuttal was America love it or change it. This is what these women are doing. Btw they were elected like trump.
Trump didn't marry his brother !!! You know that don't you ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top