Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2019, 09:17 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,179,855 times

Advertisements

I've heard a lot of talk (many people say) he has a good chance of being re-elected with an even bigger loss in the popular vote.

So, yes, he may be legally elected but the majority of the country doesn't want him. A moral victory for liberals but that doesn't help us pull the levers of power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2019, 10:01 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
I honestly don't think many Americans are on board with "free" health insurance for illegals that we taxpayers will pay for which all of the major Dem candidates support.

It's bad enough that we have our own health insurance to worry about never mind pay for theirs as well.
They use expensive ER's where the cost is triple. I'm not for free health insurance either and I'm a Democrat. It's ridiculous.

Old 07-24-2019, 10:02 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,179,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
They use expensive ER's where the cost is triple. I'm not for free health insurance either and I'm a Democrat. It's ridiculous.
Um...do you know what would prevent that?

I want to see universal healthcare for all citizens first though.

Old 07-24-2019, 05:08 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,770,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
I've heard a lot of talk (many people say) he has a good chance of being re-elected with an even bigger loss in the popular vote.

So, yes, he may be legally elected but the majority of the country doesn't want him. A moral victory for liberals but that doesn't help us pull the levers of power.
But what would the popular vote have been w/o non-citizens voting? And don't say there is no proof large numbers voted. There isn't any proof large numbers didn't vote. Why? Because it is all on the honor system. No need to prove citizenship to register to vote or to prove you are who you say you are when you do vote. This is especially so in a State like CA that does not care whether illegals vote or not.

Old 07-24-2019, 05:32 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,585,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
wow. even leftie Thomas Friedman can’t believe how far left the dem candidates have gone.
I was equally shocked. Never more so than when they said they want to provide free healthcare to non-citizens, when millions of our own citizens don't have health care. And wow....don't they see that that would send a signal out to the world's sick to get within our borders to get free healthcare? That would cripple our country.

Kamala Harris at another time stated she wants reparations. ??? Then she doubled down on her forced busing statements during the debate, by stating or implying there's a place for that now. Yeah, that's a way to get the majority of middle class citizens running to the polls to vote for her.

I was looking for a sensible Democrat to support. I don't see one, with the possible exception of Mayor Pete. But even he is finding he has to change his messaging to get more support. Changing it not in a good way. Even so, Mayor Pete doesn't have much chance of getting the nomination.

I'm not voting for the lunatic in office. Just give me a sensible alternative. Please.

Old 07-24-2019, 05:49 PM

43,101 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
I was equally shocked. Never more so than when they said they want to provide free healthcare to non-citizens, when millions of our own citizens don't have health care. And wow....don't they see that that would send a signal out to the world's sick to get within our borders to get free healthcare? That would cripple our country.

Kamala Harris at another time stated she wants reparations. ??? Then she doubled down on her forced busing statements during the debate, by stating or implying there's a place for that now. Yeah, that's a way to get the majority of middle class citizens running to the polls to vote for her.

I was looking for a sensible Democrat to support. I don't see one, with the possible exception of Mayor Pete. But even he is finding he has to change his messaging to get more support. Changing it not in a good way. Even so, Mayor Pete doesn't have much chance of getting the nomination.

I'm not voting for the lunatic in office. Just give me a sensible alternative. Please.
It already did. We now have "refugees" coming across the border from the ME, Africa and Cuba.
Over 1100 Africans caught at the border in just the past 30 days.

Old 07-24-2019, 07:23 PM

1,549 posts, read 1,063,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
wow. even leftie Thomas Friedman can’t believe how far left the dem candidates have gone.
The left is handing the victory to President Trump on a silver platter.

Old 07-24-2019, 07:26 PM

1,549 posts, read 1,063,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post

President Trump may not be the most conventional guy you've seen serve us, but would you rather have just another career politician fail to deliver on campaign promises, all the while caring more for donors than his/her constituents?

The left have no sensible alternatives. None of them.

Old 07-24-2019, 07:27 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurn350 View Post
President Trump may not be the most conventional guy you've seen serve us, but would you rather have just another career politician fail to deliver on campaign promises, all the while caring more for donors than his/her constituents?

The left have no sensible alternatives. None of them.
The only half-way sensible ones who can compete are Klobuchar and Delaney, but neither has a chance to get through the primaries, as they're way too sane for the Democrat primary electorate.

Old 07-24-2019, 07:27 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurn350 View Post
The left is handing it to President Trump on a silver platter.
Just as their grandparents did by choosing McGovern.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies