Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 06:40 AM

5,278 posts, read 6,213,202 times

Advertisements

I'm one of the five resident 'libs' and I think the door cams are great. Instead of the neighbors suspecting every black jogger they have actual footage of whoever is taking crap. Much more reality based.

Be prepared to learn that whites and females can also commit theft. And teenagers from 'good families' as well. And sometime your package was not even delivered to your house. Hannah down the road is soaking in whatever precious Ronan Fields concoction you want to fight over.

Old 07-19-2019, 06:42 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Well, actually, the contention about suspicion of minorities is a quote by an English Professor. It's not an opinion of the authors of the story.
Thank you. Our "academics" in liberal arts fields are the first to declare racism where it doesn't exist. I skimmed the article quickly and didn't find it.

Old 07-19-2019, 06:45 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
So he's implying package thieves are mostly black, which I'm not buying.

Once again, the loons on the left are quick to bash the people they claim to be advocates for.

And as far as crime being down - that's a meaningless statement if these types of crimes are up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Nothing in the article states anything about minorities committing crimes. The article states:

" marketing its cameras by stirring up fear of crime at a time when it’s decreasing."

"....selling the cameras “where the fear of crime is more real than the actual existence of crime.” "
Yet you didn't quote this line. How odd....

Quote:
Critics complain that the systems turn neighborhoods into places of constant surveillance and create suspicion that falls heavier on minorities.

Old 07-19-2019, 06:45 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
I'm one of the five resident 'libs' and I think the door cams are great. Instead of the neighbors suspecting every black jogger they have actual footage of whoever is taking crap. Much more reality based.

Be prepared to learn that whites and females can also commit theft. And teenagers from 'good families' as well. And sometime your package was not even delivered to your house. Hannah down the road is soaking in whatever precious Ronan Fields concoction you want to fight over.
Have you seem some of the videos of "package "bombs"" where people put video cameras and a device to spread the contents of the package around when a thief opens it? One person had a "glitter bomb" that covered the inside of the thief's car with glitter and a stink bomb of some sort. Another did the same but with dog crap. It's hilarious. In today's backasswords justice system, it's likely the poor thief will end up suing the victim over those though.

Old 07-19-2019, 06:48 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Who made this white English professor from Macomb county a race relations and racism in advertising/marketing expert?

Old 07-19-2019, 06:53 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post

For the record my personal stereotype for porch pirates has always been white meth head types. I'm not surprised at all to hear much of the footage these cameras are recording seems to back that stereotype up. Most stereotypes exist for a reason.

Old 07-19-2019, 07:05 AM

3,840 posts, read 3,066,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
Why are white people so obsessed with race????

Why all liberal white people so obsessed with race????

I fixed that for ya.

Old 07-19-2019, 07:15 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,590,000 times
So Mr or Ms Robber, if you dont want your stupid face plastered on a Ring doorbell, DONT COMMIT A CRIME.

Problem solved.

Cops wear body cameras, too. is that rayciss?

No.

Eff off idiots!

Old 07-19-2019, 07:19 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,225,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
Why are white people so obsessed with race????
Only the Leftist whites are. They learned that using race works to get people's attention and that blacks in particular are sensitive to it and thus will unwittingly go along with their Leftist crusade as soon as they label the other side as racists.

Old 07-19-2019, 07:19 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
I agree most porch pirates I’ve seen are white women. Racist or not, I’m not taking my cameras down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies