U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-21-2019, 11:49 AM
 
2,507 posts, read 873,769 times
Reputation: 1755

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
How did conservatives get lumped in with racists?? That seems to be the deal now, at least coming from the left.

I'm not a conservative but as I understand it cons typically want less government over-reach, less taxes, more autonomy at the local level. Less government programs and things along those lines.

As I understand it conservatives don't have to automatically be religious bible thumpers and the like.

How did being for less government automatically morph into racist. I have a co-worker that thinks literally all conservatives are mouth breathing southern red-neck racist inbreds. I'm not kidding here.

What am I missing here.
I don't know whether you would equate conservatives with the GOP, but the Republican Party has definitely emerged as the party of racism. There are 197 republicans in the House, and only of them is black (0.5%). 51 Republicans in the Senate and only one is black (2%). 27 Republican governors - 26 white men and one white woman.

The numbers don't automatically make the GOP racist, but as they say, if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, it just might be a duck!

 
Old 07-21-2019, 11:55 AM
Status: "Send HIM back- to Queens!" (set 10 days ago)
 
Location: Eureka CA
8,309 posts, read 11,165,149 times
Reputation: 12657
"Being used to harm white people"? To believe that you would have to be not only racist but clueless.
 
Old 07-21-2019, 11:57 AM
 
45,746 posts, read 18,127,357 times
Reputation: 19123
Case in point.......

Opps. Starts to sound like she made it up. And the person she accused was a die hard Democrat. This not before there was plenty of virtue signaling from Democrat presidential candidates "beh toe", deBlasio, etc.

Now they will go run and hide.

Smollett 2.0? Dem Congresswoman Backtracks On Racist "Go Back" Insult ClaimsSmollett 2.0? Dem Congresswoman Backtracks On Racist "Go Back" Insult Claims
 
Old 07-21-2019, 12:56 PM
 
Location: Charleston, SC
4,979 posts, read 3,703,009 times
Reputation: 4039
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan west View Post
This word is so overused. It is being used to harm white people. Since the word, "ni**er has been buried its time to bury the equivalent word amoungst todays true racists. The most prolific users of the words are racist. They mostly consist of people who hate white people and want to demoralize them. The democratic party today headed by, "the squad", should be the ones to introduce this to the public and lead the funeral for the dead word. The tombs will be next to each other..ni**er and racist. I think it was Sharpton who suggested we bury ni**ger. Any language denograding a race should stop. So today we are executing the favorite word of the liberal party. Rest in peace.
Everything Is Racism | Hire a civil rights lawyer. You're a victim of racism.
 
Old 07-21-2019, 01:22 PM
 
9,978 posts, read 6,913,140 times
Reputation: 4230
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan west View Post
This word is so overused. It is being used to harm white people. Since the word, "ni**er has been buried its time to bury the equivalent word amoungst todays true racists. The most prolific users of the words are racist. They mostly consist of people who hate white people and want to demoralize them. The democratic party today headed by, "the squad", should be the ones to introduce this to the public and lead the funeral for the dead word. The tombs will be next to each other..ni**er and racist. I think it was Sharpton who suggested we bury ni**ger. Any language denograding a race should stop. So today we are executing the favorite word of the liberal party. Rest in peace.

The only way for you to know that the word is overused.....is that you would first have to be able to vouch for what other white people are thinking.....right? I am wondering what gives one white person, who may live in California, the ability to know that another white person, who may live in New York, is not racist when they don't know each other. Yet, whites are always vouching for other whites not being racist, despite not knowing the other white person.



In a debate about the prevalence of racism in America....it always comes down to the white person debating arguing that they, themselves, are not racist. Pay attention to the debates and watch this pattern. The general debate about racism will be shifted to...."you are calling me a racist". Then by attempting to prove or demonstrate that they are not racist....somehow that is supposed to serve as some kind of proof that OTHER white people, whom they never met, are not racist either. Trump is not a racist! Why....because Biff Dungmaster in Des Moines is white and not racist. They create the straw man that what is being argued is that "All white people are racist". Hence, by talking about how they are not racist.....it debunks the whole argument, however, no one claims that all whites are racist.



The irony of someone arguing that accusations of racism are overused then calling people racist for talking about racism is laughable. Talking about liars makes one a liar by that logic. The primary people with the motive, means and opportunity to muddy the term in order to discredit it......are racist. I mean....who has the most to gain from the over and incorrect use of the term? It's certainly not blacks. It certainly is not liberals. If the term really has no punch anymore it does not help blacks or liberals. However, if the term has no punch anymore....when it gets thrown at real racist...it does no damage. BINGO!. Hence, when a person is really a racist and is called out on it....they can then just say...."yeah right. Like the guy who say toasters were racist".



Racism hurts white people when you call them that. White people were not hurt by being called conkies or hrackers. When a white person called a black person the N word, blacks response would be to call them conkies or hrackers. That never fazed white people. However, now there is finally a word that really packs a punch. They say that nothing hurts more than the truth. It hurts whites so much that many feel its a powerful weapon that they PROJECT that if they call those calling them that.....it would hurt them just as much and may make them back off. There in lies the misuse and overuse of the term. Racist whites hurling it back at blacks for things like, talking about racism, talking about the history of racism in the country, bringing up racial inequality, etc, etc. All those things, and many more, get called RACIST by whites.



Lets be honest. People like you WISH that the term is misused and discredited to the point where it means nothing. THAT IS WHAT YOU WANT.....because that is the one punch from black people that stings....and it only stings because its true. If I am skinny and you call me obese....do you think I will care. Do you think that would hurt me? However, if I am obese and insecure about my obesity....and you call me obese.....THEN IT HURTS. So do you lose weight? Nope.....you attack the word obesity, try to prevent its use or try to make its definition amorphous by calling skinny people obese too....to the point where everyone is called obese and that why when you are called obese it does not feel as bad....because everyone is called obese.
 
Old 07-21-2019, 01:28 PM
 
4,108 posts, read 6,434,831 times
Reputation: 4202
The truth hurts. Trump is a racist and therefore all who support him share the same title. Trump has managed to make the name republican synonymous with racist.

The following is one of Trump's despicable tactics;

President Lyndon B. Johnson once said, "If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."
 
Old 07-21-2019, 02:54 PM
 
19,380 posts, read 12,312,253 times
Reputation: 10668
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
No, not primarily in the heads of leftists by a long shot.
That's right- there is not much in the heads of leftists- I agree.
 
Old 07-21-2019, 03:19 PM
 
1,270 posts, read 272,385 times
Reputation: 1867
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
That's right- there is not much in the heads of leftists- I agree.

To be fair they are kind of like one of those old-school pull toys that repeats the same thing over and over. You pull the cord with the left today and it's - racist, sexist, racist, sexist, racist, sexist..........
 
Old 07-21-2019, 03:22 PM
 
27,123 posts, read 19,194,255 times
Reputation: 14473
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
No, not primarily in the heads of leftists by a long shot.
yes, primarily in the heads of leftists by any rational measure.
 
Old 07-21-2019, 04:00 PM
 
27,171 posts, read 9,220,291 times
Reputation: 9479
Time to bury the word, "racist".

Any up-date on when this is going to happen ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top