U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2019, 04:06 PM

13,712 posts, read 7,475,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Time to bury the word, "racist".

Any up-date on when this is going to happen ?

Donít hold your breath. Idiots like Jussie Smollett and the lawmaker in Georgia are just making thing harder for TRUE victims of racism, which most people agree still exists.

Old 07-21-2019, 04:26 PM

19,380 posts, read 12,312,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Donít hold your breath. Idiots like Jussie Smollett and the lawmaker in Georgia are just making thing harder for TRUE victims of racism, which most people agree still exists.

It has become "The Boy Who Cried Wolf". Essentially every act of "racism" which is publicized is a hoax. With these repeated hoaxes, it is clear that actual racism is rare, otherwise the leftist journalists would publish these real incidents, rather than hoaxes.

Old 07-21-2019, 04:47 PM

4,692 posts, read 1,243,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
The only way for you to know that the word is overused.....is that you would first have to be able to vouch for what other white people are thinking.....right? I am wondering what gives one white person, who may live in California, the ability to know that another white person, who may live in New York, is not racist when they don't know each other. Yet, whites are always vouching for other whites not being racist, despite not knowing the other white person.

In a debate about the prevalence of racism in America....it always comes down to the white person debating arguing that they, themselves, are not racist. Pay attention to the debates and watch this pattern. The general debate about racism will be shifted to...."you are calling me a racist". Then by attempting to prove or demonstrate that they are not racist....somehow that is supposed to serve as some kind of proof that OTHER white people, whom they never met, are not racist either. Trump is not a racist! Why....because Biff Dungmaster in Des Moines is white and not racist. They create the straw man that what is being argued is that "All white people are racist". Hence, by talking about how they are not racist.....it debunks the whole argument, however, no one claims that all whites are racist.

The irony of someone arguing that accusations of racism are overused then calling people racist for talking about racism is laughable. Talking about liars makes one a liar by that logic. The primary people with the motive, means and opportunity to muddy the term in order to discredit it......are racist. I mean....who has the most to gain from the over and incorrect use of the term? It's certainly not blacks. It certainly is not liberals. If the term really has no punch anymore it does not help blacks or liberals. However, if the term has no punch anymore....when it gets thrown at real racist...it does no damage. BINGO!. Hence, when a person is really a racist and is called out on it....they can then just say...."yeah right. Like the guy who say toasters were racist".

Racism hurts white people when you call them that. White people were not hurt by being called conkies or hrackers. When a white person called a black person the N word, blacks response would be to call them conkies or hrackers. That never fazed white people. However, now there is finally a word that really packs a punch. They say that nothing hurts more than the truth. It hurts whites so much that many feel its a powerful weapon that they PROJECT that if they call those calling them that.....it would hurt them just as much and may make them back off. There in lies the misuse and overuse of the term. Racist whites hurling it back at blacks for things like, talking about racism, talking about the history of racism in the country, bringing up racial inequality, etc, etc. All those things, and many more, get called RACIST by whites.

Lets be honest. People like you WISH that the term is misused and discredited to the point where it means nothing. THAT IS WHAT YOU WANT.....because that is the one punch from black people that stings....and it only stings because its true. If I am skinny and you call me obese....do you think I will care. Do you think that would hurt me? However, if I am obese and insecure about my obesity....and you call me obese.....THEN IT HURTS. So do you lose weight? Nope.....you attack the word obesity, try to prevent its use or try to make its definition amorphous by calling skinny people obese too....to the point where everyone is called obese and that why when you are called obese it does not feel as bad....because everyone is called obese.
Ah. Where have you been? We've missed your diatribes.

Old 07-21-2019, 04:49 PM

37,228 posts, read 45,800,974 times
I get what youíre saying, but burying words is not the answer.

Old 07-21-2019, 05:12 PM

9,978 posts, read 6,913,140 times
It's interesting that some white people are more interested in burying the word "racism" than actually burying racism. You can't make this stuff up. It just seems like they can't get out the way of themselves. Why would one want to focus more on getting ride of a term for something than getting ride of that something? It's kind of like focusing on eradicating the term "cancer"....as opposed to focusing on eradicating cancer. Maybe patients will feel better if their health issue is called something else besides cancer.

I am sure that many of these same people applauding this effort....will also applaud the ending of arrest by police. It's almost weekly that I hear about people being released from prison, after serving years, for crime they did not do. Lets shine the spot light on all those arrest that turned out to be incorrect and lets see if these same white folks follow the same "reasoning" and seek to do away with police arrest and courts. Nah....that won't happen because they have nothing to GAIN for doing that. In fact, they feel things would only get worse for them if you stop arrest. I mean, how many time do police find things on people when they were stop and frisking? No doubt these same white folks who are seeking to bury the term racism, because it gets used in situation that proves incorrect, or totally okay with police stopping and frisking blacks even though most of those stops proved innocent of wrong doing. They are willing to stop 10 innocent black men to justify finding the 1 out of the ten doing something wrong. No problem. Pssssssstttttt....hey....don't call that racist though. No double standards of reasoning there.

Hey....never mind you get to see the those acts called racism that turn out to be false, but never get to see those acts that are racist where the person did not even know they were victims of racism. Most racism goes undetected. You don't know that you have been finessed until and unless you can see how the person responds to a white person in the same situation. If you go to inquire about an Air bnb, as a black person, then the white host tells you that the place is not available, but then a white person seeks the same Air bnb for the same dates and its available.... you were just the victim of racism and you don't even know it.

To understand the level of racism in society....one has to do experiments and test. Send a black person and white person, equally qualified, dressed, etc and see what the data shows. Hey....they have actually done that countless times.....BUT NONE OF YOU WANT TO LOOK AT THE RESULTS!!! Its called "selection bias". You will only select the information that confirms your bias and WHAT YOU WANT TO BE TRUE. Thus, you are ONLY focusing on false claims of racism and you are blowing that up and putting that into focus while totally ignoring all the studies that are constantly conducted that shows racism is still a big issue. Even if you muster the courage to look at the studies....the first thing you do is try to find a way to discredit them. Never mind that you have no studies....no scholarly backing of your beliefs....no nothing, yet, you want to hold onto those beliefs like life itself depended upon it.

Old 07-21-2019, 05:59 PM

1,647 posts, read 980,748 times
About 30 years ago I was at a fundraiser which featured a luncheon for including roasted chicken. I asked a young black child if he could pass me a piece of breast meat (the only chicken I have ever eaten since I was a child). He asked me why I didnít want the darker meat. I replied that my taste buds found it stringy and not as appetizing. He told me that I was racist or words to that effect. I looked at him askance and loaded up more potato salad. True, this was a child, but, geez, when people label you as racist when you prefer white meat is a bit of a stretch.

Old 07-22-2019, 09:37 AM

37,228 posts, read 45,800,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPlorer48 View Post
About 30 years ago I was at a fundraiser which featured a luncheon for including roasted chicken. I asked a young black child if he could pass me a piece of breast meat (the only chicken I have ever eaten since I was a child). He asked me why I didnít want the darker meat. I replied that my taste buds found it stringy and not as appetizing. He told me that I was racist or words to that effect. I looked at him askance and loaded up more potato salad. True, this was a child, but, geez, when people label you as racist when you prefer white meat is a bit of a stretch.
At least you didnít say, ďWell, you would know, since that seems to be all you people eat.Ē

How about we all just go back to saying what we really think? That way, we know where we are all coming from, and can act accordingly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies