U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 09:13 AM

46,213 posts, read 34,216,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I don't recall MLK being a racist and bigot.
I don't recall MLK calling the president a "motherf***er" on the floor of congress.
I don't recall MLK hating this nation and working for it's harm.
I don't recall MLK supporting terrorist groups working for the genocide of the Jewish people.

Comparing Ilian Omar to MLK is perhaps the greatest insult to MLK's memory in modern times. It's about as offensive as the "Squad" comparing Israel to the Nazis.
It was Rashida Tlaib ( not Omar) who said “ we’re gonna go in there and impeach the MF” during a rally of her supporters following her election ( not on the floor of Congress).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2019, 09:16 AM

19,595 posts, read 17,830,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
So the President is not allowed to have Free Speech? Has he created a policy to actually throw them out, or has he just expressed HIS OPINION? Which is it? Double standard much?

Free speech for them, but not for HIM, right? You're a hypocrite.
Another right-winger who has no clue what free speech means. Let me educate you. Free speech means that the government will not arrest you nor stop you from saying anything critical of said government. I doesn't protect you from saying something stupid and being ridiculed or called out. If you wore Trump shirts and hates and held banners at work, free speech will not protect your stupid butt from being fired. The President is supposed to be elegant and above such nastiness towards other Americans. He is supposed to try to unite Americans not tear them apart just because they don't agree with him.

Old 07-19-2019, 09:17 AM

4,440 posts, read 2,141,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Another right-winger who has no clue what free speech means. Let me educate you. Free speech means that the government will not arrest you nor stop you from saying anything critical of said government. I doesn't protect you from saying something stupid and being ridiculed or called out. If you wore Trump shirts and hates and held banners at work, free speech will not protect your stupid butt from being fired. The President is supposed to be elegant and above such nastiness towards other Americans. He is supposed to try to unite Americans not tear them apart just because they don't agree with him.
It is difficult to keep up sometimes.

Old 07-19-2019, 09:24 AM

6,909 posts, read 3,440,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Notice "they" don't tell Anarchists (like those here) nor "libertarians" who don't believe in the USA to get out. The Kochs champion debt, open borders and more pollution...as well as libertarian ideals (the buying of government, etc.).

I don't see a movement of "conservatives" against them.....must be missing something?
More like those anarchists/libertarians are missing something... Melanin.

I kid! I kid!

Kinda.

Old 07-19-2019, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
More like those anarchists/libertarians are missing something... Melanin.

I kid! I kid!

Kinda.
They told the Caucasian hippies to love it or leave it during the social unrest of the late 60s.

Come to think of it they tell liberals of all colors to move to Canada or Denmark if they think their healthcare systems are so great.

Old 07-19-2019, 09:28 AM

2,367 posts, read 650,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
No one wants anyone to leave that wants to make improvements. That's why so many would love to see the clown "squad" leave !!! They are all about trashing the country and making it into a s-hole !!!
Now the democrat party is providing them protection and owning their positions as a result !!!
How long will people watch and do nothing as the democrat party of bigots marches on ?!?!?!

Nice try but no cigar. The 4 citizens of the USA, congresswomen of color and differing ethnicities are four voices out of an entire party. Their voices are 4 of many. The tent of the Democrats is big and inclusive and diverse and tolerant of ideas and opinions. Trump has been trying out a variety of enemies from this broad spectrum of people's voices. He's getting uglier and uglier out of desperation.

The Democrats are rallying around the Bill of Rights, not any one voice within their party.

Donald Trump chose these congresswomen to show his base that he hates the Bill of Rights. The President of the United States specifically CHOSE them to be the target of his misogynistic, xenophobic and racist campaign and ugly strategy. He chose these 4 freshmen voices out of the entire House of Reps and the Democratic Party to stir his base. Why? Because he needs to provide an enemy for his followers. He needs to keep his supporters afraid and tell them who is to blame for their fears.

These congresswomen, whom you continue to slur and demean with your name calling, are doing their jobs. They are elected to spark discourse and dialogue regarding the policies of our government and to provide differing and opposing views to Congress and America from their individual neighborhoods in New York, Minnesota, Massachusetts and Michigan.

Trump is trying to convince America of a very wrong and dangerous concept. He wants us to believe that disagreement with HIM, opposing the TRUMP administration's policies and a lack of admiration for HIM is the same as disrespect for the United States of America. Actually it is the opposite.

The right to disagree with the government, even in strong terms, is one of the most cherished of American values. By doing this, Trump is violating one of our nation's founding principles.

Democrats are rallying around all Americans when they condemn Donald Trump for stomping on The Bill of Rights! They are rallying around all Americans when they defend against the silencing of any voice of any citizen.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 07-19-2019 at 09:45 AM..

Old 07-19-2019, 09:30 AM

Mind you, "love it or leave it" is not the same thing as "go back to your sh****le country."

Old 07-19-2019, 09:30 AM

18,857 posts, read 9,703,314 times
I listened to MLK speeches when I was a teen and he was inspirational with his message of love and brotherhood....Omar want us to bow before a vile religion....very big difference in their messages and I don't see them comparable in any way.

Old 07-19-2019, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Omar want us to bow before a vile religion
source?

Old 07-19-2019, 09:37 AM

2,367 posts, read 650,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I listened to MLK speeches when I was a teen and he was inspirational with his message of love and brotherhood....Omar want us to bow before a vile religion....very big difference in their messages and I don't see them comparable in any way.
Nope Omar does not want that. This is a lie fabricated to condone Trump's hate for The Bill of Rights!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies