U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 07:22 AM

17,066 posts, read 8,661,008 times

Advertisements

Guatamalin Illegal alien kills mother and 2 children in heartland less important than “gas station clerk says something..”
Terrorist that attacked fed facility used aoc rhetoric and msm didn’t notice.
If mush brains would, could you please open your eyes? and recognize you are being programmed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 07:22 AM

4,282 posts, read 2,525,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Except that was not "hate speech." You Leftist label everything hate speech when in reality, it is not.
Fine, he took the microphone back because it was ignorant speech. Feel better now?

Old Today, 07:24 AM

38,298 posts, read 14,965,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I dislike Trump as much as the next guy, but I don't know what, realistically, he's expected to do here.

This is his base, this is who will likely re-elect him.

They did not come to the rally to listen and consider new ideas, they came to gather in their mutual hate, and expected the chance to vent their hate without repercussion. And they did.

Trump is being asked to calm them, to tell them not to chant things that are clearly hateful, which there is no way he will. No way.

That will disperse his base.

He is in a no-win with this one. He HAD to come out with a statement that he wasn't responsible for what the crowd was chanting; it was too horrible not to disavow.

But next time, he won't stop it.
Of course, he won't stop. This is his appeal.

Rick Wilson nailed it.

He wrote that Trump understands his supporters, that he knows that are not looking for jobs or a drained swamp, "they’re looking for permission to be as cruel, grotesque, and vicious as he is."

"He knows they’re addicted now to the way he enables and empowers them to say and do the things they want, regardless of consequence."

His showmanship is tuned to their sensibilities, "giving them permission to blow up a society leaving them behind."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...e-war?ref=home

Old Today, 07:25 AM

5,630 posts, read 2,921,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Fine, he took the microphone back because it was ignorant speech. Feel better now?
That was not ignorant either. Like I said previously, that was actually very logical. Let me explain it to you one more time. If you don't like a place, anyplace, it is logical advice that you are free to leave.

Leftists tell others this all the time. They tell people to leave California if they don't like the Leftist policies there. To leave NYC, Chicago, etc. Yet when others say the same thing to them, it all of a sudden becomes hate/ignorant speech.

Leftists = hypocrites.

Old Today, 09:05 AM

12,791 posts, read 8,815,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
City of Greenville Mayor P.J. Connelly:

"It is a diverse place – a place of compassion and acceptance. An inclusive place where everyone, regardless of race, religion or political beliefs, is welcome. A place where we band together to help others who are in need. Hate will never have a place in our community. The behavior that was on display last night is not reflective of the Greenville I know and love.”

https://www.cbs17.com/news/north-car...p-rally-chant/

So were folks bused in from somewhere else, some far more hateful place?
seems like their welcome is nothing more than blowing smoke up our azzes. Telling a Jew hating liberal who has nothing but contempt and hate for America to leave if she dont like it is, compared to this idiot, beyond the pale

Old Today, 09:14 AM

7,348 posts, read 4,463,418 times
Quote:
If you don't like the U.S., go back to where you came from makes perfect logical sense. Leave it up to the Leftist ultra PC police to somehow turn that into something racial.
It actually makes no sense. It supposes tat the person or people in question do not like America just for the sole reason that they have other opinions on how to do things than you do. It also makes no sense that in this case, three of the women are Americans who were born in America and the other woman came to this coutry when she was a child. Where are they supposed to go?

You know, when Trump was damning Obama and everything he was doing, what is Obama had said to Trump, "Love it or leave it." How do you suppose that would go gone?

I am frankly getting tired of weak minded folks saying "Love it or leave it" instead of what they really mean. "My way or the highway." There should be a lot of room in this country for folks to disagree.

Old Today, 09:14 AM

630 posts, read 208,948 times
Quote:
That was not ignorant either. Like I said previously, that was actually very logical. Let me explain it to you one more time. If you don't like a place, anyplace, it is logical advice that you are free to leave.

Leftists tell others this all the time. They tell people to leave California if they don't like the Leftist policies there. To leave NYC, Chicago, etc. Yet when others say the same thing to them, it all of a sudden becomes hate/ignorant speech.

Leftists = hypocrites.
No, it's ignorant. Obama is not of Arabic descent.

Old Today, 09:28 AM

18,610 posts, read 9,618,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
It seems to me that unless you are actually from another country in recent generations, you have idea what phrases like "go back to where you came from" feel like. That's why many of you here come up with the most ridiculous defenses to bigoted Trump's rhetoric.

I spent over 10 years in Greenville, NC and happy the mayor issued a statement about the stupid chants by the crowd - after which Trump WAITED to speak. He did NOT try to move quickly. Also, it's sad that the mayor had to do this in the first place. Where ever Trump goes, he causes problems.

Unfortunately, there's video playing everywhere of that rally, and people on both sides are now causing problems. This is the problem with this president - he says divisive things and everything cascades down to people and their communities.

Now we have gas station clerks questioning people's citizenship:
https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/18/us/co...rnd/index.html

Great statement by Greenville, NC mayor:
https://www.cbs17.com/news/north-car...p-rally-chant/

Sounds like the Mayor has TDS....better get that checked out.

That chant was awesome!

Old Today, 09:34 AM

38,298 posts, read 14,965,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
It actually makes no sense. It supposes tat the person or people in question do not like America just for the sole reason that they have other opinions on how to do things than you do. It also makes no sense that in this case, three of the women are Americans who were born in America and the other woman came to this coutry when she was a child. Where are they supposed to go?

You know, when Trump was damning Obama and everything he was doing, what is Obama had said to Trump, "Love it or leave it." How do you suppose that would go gone?

I am frankly getting tired of weak minded folks saying "Love it or leave it" instead of what they really mean. "My way or the highway." There should be a lot of room in this country for folks to disagree.
Best get used to.

I suspect this will pale in comparison to what Trump's followers will be chanting as we get closer to the election.

Old Today, 09:36 AM

8,995 posts, read 2,782,685 times
Quote:
If you don't like the U.S., go back to where you came from makes perfect logical sense. Leave it up to the Leftist ultra PC police to somehow turn that into something racial.
They are from here. His statement is pure ignorance used to gin up his base. Who said they don't like the U.S.? Trump got busted for it too. That's why he had to backtrack. Idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or