U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 09:54 AM

19,534 posts, read 17,779,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
City of Greenville Mayor P.J. Connelly:

"It is a diverse place a place of compassion and acceptance. An inclusive place where everyone, regardless of race, religion or political beliefs, is welcome. A place where we band together to help others who are in need. Hate will never have a place in our community. The behavior that was on display last night is not reflective of the Greenville I know and love.

https://www.cbs17.com/news/north-car...p-rally-chant/

So were folks bused in from somewhere else, some far more hateful place?
Good for the mayor! I fully agree with him. I wouldn't be surprised if the GOP had people bused in from all over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 10:01 AM

30,366 posts, read 16,661,733 times
<sigh> Oh, please. Nothing the President said at his rally was either bigoted or racist.

There is no one more divisive right now than these four, "The Squad," and the Democrat Party, which has chosen to revive and actually foment racism in this country.

Old Today, 10:21 AM
Status: "Love, Goodness, and Kindness Will Prevail . . ." (set 17 hours ago)

2,741 posts, read 3,273,462 times
Those who defend President Trump's "Go Back . . ." tweets remind me of my years in the US Navy. During the early 80's, I was a Hole Snipe and one of few non-whites working in the ship's propulsion spaces. Among us were several rednecks and a few outright racist. One of the most vocal racists made it a point to frequently yell out, "Hey! Hey! Hey! If you ain't white, you ain't right!"

This was not funny to me. It did not make me laugh as it did most of my white shipmates. Each time my shipmates noticed I was the only one not laughing they'd tell me, "Don't mind Jim. He's just joking around and blowing off a little steam."

No. Jim was not joking nor blowing off steam. Jim was a racist. And my white shipmates - the ones who assured me it was all a joke - were complicit in Jim's racism.

President Trump's tweets are not being misunderstood nor blown out of proportion. His tweets are racially charged and hate filled. Those who hurl themselves at the defense of Trump's tweets are accomplices to Our President's racism.

Old Today, 11:39 AM

1,535 posts, read 1,248,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
<sigh> Oh, please. Nothing the President said at his rally was either bigoted or racist.

Once again: "It seems to me that unless you are actually from another country in recent generations, you have idea what phrases like "go back to where you came from" feel like. That's why many of you here come up with the most ridiculous defenses to bigoted Trump's rhetoric. "

Old Today, 12:31 PM

17 posts, read 741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
That is how you shut down hate speech. Not by standing by for 13 seconds basking in a racist chant.

the trigger words the left calls anyone with a different opinion. There was no racist chant so stop trying to spread spreading that lie.

Old Today, 02:07 PM

66,569 posts, read 30,379,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
Once again: "It seems to me that unless you are actually from another country in recent generations, you have idea what phrases like "go back to where you came from" feel like. That's why many of you here come up with the most ridiculous defenses to bigoted Trump's rhetoric. "
I'm guessing the homeless man MS-13 killed for sleeping in the rec center they considered to be "their territory" knew EXACTLY how that felt. 19 of the 22 arrested for the 24 murders in the span of 2 years are illegal aliens who snuck across the southern border.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2019...tional-forest/

Old Today, 02:11 PM

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
It seems to me that unless you are actually from another country in recent generations, you have idea what phrases like "go back to where you came from" feel like.
And so? You want us to care about your opinions for a change?

What about all Illhan Omar's downplaying 9/11 attacks. Do you care how that makes us feel? No you don't.
Do you care about your party throwing around "white privilege" and all this intersectionality nonsense, multiple genders, men using the female bathrooms. Do you care? No.

So we don't care. In fact we're happy. We're happy you're offended.

Old Today, 02:12 PM

26,867 posts, read 9,120,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
CNN and CBS. What do you expect from those idiots.

Leftists never learn. Trump filled that arena in Greenville beyond capacity. Shame on the mayor for calling out people exercising their first amendment right.
He should consider changing parties and be the democrat he acts like !!!

Did the idiot Mayor condemn the words, actions, or behavior of the hate filled clown "squad" ?

Old Today, 02:12 PM

17,929 posts, read 8,921,474 times
Go to Hell Mayor. Nobody cares what you think.

Old Today, 02:23 PM

26,867 posts, read 9,120,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
I don't really care about your opinion of McCain. What does it have to do with this?

https://time.com/4866404/john-mccain...a-arab-cancer/

That is how you shut down hate speech. Not by standing by for 13 seconds basking in a racist chant.
Yes but McCain was lying and he was racist too !!! According to the democrats he was racist !!!

He was lying and pandering for the black vote he was never going to get !!!

Status Quo and a loser !!!

Last edited by phma; Today at 02:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or