U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 12:20 PM

33,386 posts, read 20,178,361 times

Advertisements

This is what happens when one automatically assumed the worst of others.

Maybe the business owner just didn't know how to.. She has to make it a discrimination issue.

Maybe this is how professional protesters make a living. Well, no one on this earth can please a person who has a chip on his/her shoulder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2019, 12:43 PM

17,217 posts, read 13,782,742 times
This creep sounds like those perverts that get their sexual kicks from pretending they are the opposite sex, to unwitting victims - this person is trying to make the law enforce indecent exposure.

Old 07-19-2019, 01:05 PM

72,116 posts, read 83,802,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
So a guy wanted a Brazilian wax job? I would be grossed out and refuse to do it as well.

I read the rest of the article. The customer is an activist looking for a paycheck.
and pretty gross at that. At least if nothing else we now have our Friday afternoon smile to carry us through.

Old 07-19-2019, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Right ? First it was refusing to bake a cake for a gay couple. Now it's come to this.

You think this is the ultimate test ? I dunno about that. Let's see if someone else takes this even further.
I think it already has been taken further, with the Olympics putting aside the notion of fairness to real female athletes, by allowing transgendered to compete against them - fairness has officially been relegated behind self identity.

Old 07-19-2019, 01:12 PM

828 posts, read 178,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
I think it already has been taken further, with the Olympics putting aside the notion of fairness to real female athletes, by allowing transgendered to compete against them.
Within 10 years "female" sports will be all male born "females".

Old 07-19-2019, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Within 10 years "female" sports will be all male born "females".
That is quite a realistic scenario, and one I suspect will eventually be returned to the traditional status quo - it's early days of trans acceptance, and administrators have let their guard down on fairness, but I think the notion of fairness will ultimately prevail.

Old 07-19-2019, 01:39 PM

10,054 posts, read 8,117,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Exerpt:

Da Silva told the tribunal, “I have no problem with LGBT.” She said she was just not comfortable waxing male genitals.
The idea also did not sit well with her husband, she said. Further, she didn’t have any experience doing it.

Opinion:
Dear Lord....It seems like a penis will soon have it's day in court.
What is there to not understand. Brazilian Wax are for Vaginas!
I have no problem with people until they create problems.
If this guy would have shown up at my home he and his family jewels
would have been promptly and swiftly removed from said premises.
Sounds like an opportunity to learn.

PAINFULLY on the requestor.

#fake concern, "Oh did that hurt?"

Old 07-19-2019, 01:55 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,921,029 times
Should have used a weed walker on him/her/whatever it is identifying as this week. Eliminate hair and that pesky weiner. Just saved taxpayers a lot of bucks for the surgery.

Old 07-20-2019, 12:47 PM

30,721 posts, read 49,529,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Hey...I'd put alot of wax on his dick and rip it off real fast.
As a man myself, I would be concerned about waxing the ********.

I think that yanking the hairs out from a ******* would be very painful.

* - now mods, please. I did not use any of the vulgar terms, so please dont ban me, again.

Old 07-22-2019, 07:51 AM

34,709 posts, read 29,062,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
I don't know why I want to jump down this rabbit whole.... but- I get my haircut in a salon with the full gamut of services. So while I'm waiting for a cut they tend to either have pamphlets or promotions they give out for all the messages, colors, products, and waxing. They actually list the cost to wax by the body part. I should not care but for some reason thinking about asking for a rear end wax then tacking on the strip for extra always illicits a juvenile chuckle. They also list the men's front bits in a similarly couched but obvious manner- so you could clear the fields but still pay extra to trim the trees... I have also learned that to strip the tree if you will, it is preferred the male is semi-excited about the activity...

And yes, I am currently snickering behind my keyboard and showing why I would have no business working in said establishment.

So in the waxer's defense, she really would need to know/charge according to what body parts she was addressing.
The bolded is the actual issue.

And, if a person is running an at-home salon and is the only person providing services, how will they manage this sort of interaction if they're not comfortable with this level of nudity?

This isn't the same thing as putting frosting on a wedding cake.

If someone was refusing to cut a trans person's hair because they were trans, I'd say that was transphobia. But, not wanting to wax a person's genitals because you are a cisgender female who is not comfortable handling the genitals of people who are outwardly male vis a vis their genitals is just NOT any sort of clear case of transphobia.

That would be more like "I won't wax you now that you have had surgery and you have now have a vagina because you USED TO have a penis."

The person who started this is a troublemaker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or