U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:31 AM

45,432 posts, read 18,014,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
Not surprising. She's a special lady. Even 2-3 yrs after leaving the WH, she's still well thought of - as she was while in the WH.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/michell...n-yougov-poll/
Correction

She was voted Most Admired of just 20 women picked for the non-scientific poll.

So in other words, completely pointless cheerleading of the Obamas by CBS.

Old Yesterday, 11:41 AM

15,832 posts, read 8,837,215 times
Quote:
Not surprising. She's a special lady. Even 2-3 yrs after leaving the WH, she's still well thought of - as she was while in the WH.

Old Yesterday, 11:42 AM

12,048 posts, read 16,789,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Admired for what? Marring a guy who went on to become US President? Starting a hashtag to try to rescue girls kidnapped by Islamic African gangs? No seriously, what has she done to be admired?
  • Pulled out of poverty through education and hard work. Went to two of the best schools (Princeton and Harvard Law) in the world.
  • Rose quickly to leadership roles in her career - both in a premiere law firm and then, after stepping back a bit to raise children, in high ed administration - prior to her husband's presidential career.
  • Raised two accomplished children while maintaining a busy professional and philanthropic life. The biggest scandal with her children involved one daughter smoking pot. The horror.
  • Best selling author.
  • Accomplished speaker.
  • Advocate for education, nutrition, and active lifestyles.
  • Successful, loving, respectful, scandal free marriage.

Is that enough for you?

Old Yesterday, 11:43 AM

15,832 posts, read 8,837,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
Most admired by whom? People on the far-left like her I guess.
Michelle Obama has supplanted Angelina Jolie as the world’s most admired woman, according to YouGov’s annual study of which public figures the people of our planet look up to.

Old Yesterday, 11:49 AM

39,335 posts, read 20,404,136 times
Quote:

For What??? LOL Kissing arse again I guess.

Old Yesterday, 12:17 PM

1,142 posts, read 253,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
  • Pulled out of poverty through education and hard work. Went to two of the best schools (Princeton and Harvard Law) in the world.
  • Rose quickly to leadership roles in her career - both in a premiere law firm and then, after stepping back a bit to raise children, in high ed administration - prior to her husband's presidential career.
  • Raised two accomplished children while maintaining a busy professional and philanthropic life. The biggest scandal with her children involved one daughter smoking pot. The horror.
  • Best selling author.
  • Accomplished speaker.

Is that enough for you?
Outstanding. Thanks for listing them. Continues to be a classy individual even when not called for now that her tour of duty is over. Mrs Bush and Mrs Carter likewise.

Old Yesterday, 12:31 PM

3,230 posts, read 2,089,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
Most admired by whom? People on the far-left like her I guess.

Yeah, the only people that were polled were Obots.

Old Yesterday, 01:00 PM

20,816 posts, read 10,088,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00
  • Best selling author.
  • Accomplished speaker.

Is that enough for you?
Michelle Obama grew up in poverty the same way Melania Trump speaks five languages.

As for her children - what have they done that they would be considered "accomplished"?

Old Yesterday, 01:09 PM

72,072 posts, read 83,735,637 times
Quote:

look who was doing the voting and where the news comes from. I am not saying she shouldn't be admired or respected. Well she said a few things that left me with such a bad taste in my mouth that I do not respect her, but I do think she was a good first lady. What she has done to make her so admired is like, what did Obama do to earn the nobel peace prize? I do think she is a good wife and mother. That is where it ends.

Old Yesterday, 01:26 PM

361 posts, read 113,243 times
Wait isn't this sometime of privlege, she is benefiting from the fact that her husband was President, without that the vast majority of the World would have no idea who she is. So she is a Woman who is benefiting because of the Man she is with. Isn't that against the feminist creed and liberal ideology, how awful. I can't keep all these rules straight. Oprah on the other hand did it herself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies