U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 11:47 AM

4,735 posts, read 929,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
If she was a Democrat and had dressed in blackface she could be governor.
What if she was Black and dressed in "White face"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2019, 11:54 AM

35,776 posts, read 10,605,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Exactly. This is the free market at work. Conservatives shouldn't have an issue with this.
You can chuck the free market "example" ( we're not in Economics class) and "consequences" claptrap.

Conservatives will always have an "issue" with people not being able speak freely in public and private settings. Yup. We like and support that freedom, too. Unlike liberals.

Muzzle, restrict, muzzle, restrict...coming, again, from the left. Because that's where it always comes from.

Old 07-19-2019, 12:01 PM

10,079 posts, read 8,129,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The Left has wrapped Asians into "White" people now, so of course they an not be recognized for anything. Have to be Black, Muslim, LGBT, and express only FAR LEFT views.
Congrats Kathy. You are white now!

Who knew?

Chinese are taking over everything, even being white.

(this is sarcasm for the clueless on this board)

Old 07-19-2019, 12:02 PM

12,003 posts, read 17,532,647 times
An attractive women. Were I a younger man and had a ghost of a chance, I might at least act like I liked Trump.

Old 07-19-2019, 12:11 PM

10,294 posts, read 6,316,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
There's no "double-standard". Spokeswomen/men very commonly have "image" clauses in their agreements - especially so for pageants. This isn't new. When you do something that is deemed to bring unwanted publicity to the organization, you're gone. The same reason they can't pose for nude photos, etc.

This is not a new phenomenon.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...flXjCDBbPBPC1v

(b) From the date I sign this Agreement until the completion of the State Pageant, whether or not I win or succeed to the title of my State Pageant, to conduct my activities and life in accordance with the highest ethical and moral standards, and I will not engage in any activity that might bring myself, you, Miss Universe, the State Pageant, the Miss USA Pageant, the Miss USA Pageant system, Trump, NBC, or any of their respective subsidiaries, affiliated or related companies, officers, directors, partners, shareholders or employees into public disrepute, ridicule, contempt or scandal or might otherwise reflect unfavorably upon any of the foregoing individuals or entities or might shock, insult or offend the community or any class or group thereof......
(emphasis mine)

Get it?

I guess it's all about interpretation now isn't it ?

From the NWSL players guidebook :
[SIZE=3]

54.3.3. Improper conduct includes but is not limited to invading or attempting to invade the demarcated area, throwing or attempting to throw projectiles or bottles, damage or attempted damage to property, letting off or attempting to let off incendiary devices, displaying insulting or political slogans, uttering insulting words or sounds, smoking or contravening any statute, regulation or by-law;
[/SIZE][SIZE=3]

54.3.6.7. any act which insults someone in any way, especially by using offensive gestures or language, or by violating the principles of fair play or by behaving in an unsporting way;
[/SIZE]

Old 07-19-2019, 12:15 PM

Taking the crown away after the fact is kind of like when the took away the wins from Penn State. Yea, they really did win regardless of whether the NCAA says they did. Absent cheating in the game, a win is a win.

Old 07-19-2019, 12:20 PM

21,408 posts, read 21,974,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I guess it's all about interpretation now isn't it ?

From the NWSL players guidebook :
[SIZE=3]

54.3.3. Improper conduct includes but is not limited to invading or attempting to invade the demarcated area, throwing or attempting to throw projectiles or bottles, damage or attempted damage to property, letting off or attempting to let off incendiary devices, displaying insulting or political slogans, uttering insulting words or sounds, smoking or contravening any statute, regulation or by-law;
[/SIZE][SIZE=3]

54.3.6.7. any act which insults someone in any way, especially by using offensive gestures or language, or by violating the principles of fair play or by behaving in an unsporting way;
[/SIZE]
alrighty then, no maga caps neither

Old 07-19-2019, 12:22 PM

1,901 posts, read 1,330,567 times
I just want to know how she won a pageant with those horse teeth.

Old 07-19-2019, 12:29 PM

10,294 posts, read 6,316,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
alrighty then, no maga caps neither

Agreed. As long as it is fair for both sides. There is a time and place for that stuff.

Old 07-19-2019, 12:32 PM

The demands to remove any mention of the group in her history are funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies