U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 12:42 PM

27,096 posts, read 19,179,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Spoiler alert! The real world has consequences. Her tweets violated their written TOS and they cut ties with her. Their rules, their choice.
what were the terms of service? they are complaining about tweets from 3 years ago - was she under the terms of service then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2019, 12:43 PM

22,838 posts, read 16,895,263 times

Old 07-19-2019, 12:43 PM

1,863 posts, read 1,711,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Totally understandable. They don't want a political controversial partisan person to represent the state. Sounds as if Michigan has the same policy companies have.
I think it was her support for Trump along with the tweets that did her in. The tweets by themselves were a nothing burger. But when you support an open racist in power and you tweet anything remotely having to do with race you're going to face some potential backlash from some ppl.

Old 07-19-2019, 12:48 PM

21,631 posts, read 11,664,122 times
I’ll make a racist statement. I bet she is smarter than anyone who is offended by her ideas.

Old 07-19-2019, 12:50 PM

17,247 posts, read 13,799,708 times
She could have won the "Miss not willing to wear a symbol of female oppression" title

Old 07-19-2019, 02:02 PM

6,778 posts, read 6,577,250 times
Nice Benelli. I am guessing it isn't hers but she looks good holding it!

Old 07-19-2019, 02:32 PM

19,418 posts, read 12,302,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The Left has wrapped Asians into "White" people now, so of course they an not be recognized for anything. Have to be Black, Muslim, LGBT, and express only FAR LEFT views.
Asians are now considered “white”, as they work hard, value education, and don’t seek victimhood.

Liberalism is the totalitarian realization of “1984”. Truth cannot be spoken, as it is deemed “offensive”.

Old 07-19-2019, 04:11 PM

22,629 posts, read 11,650,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
How does one shout an abortion? And I bet if she had a political point on abortion, the result would have been the same. The sponsors do not want anyone representing them being political and it was likely part of the contract. THINK!!!
I’m betting if she stood up for the rights of women nothing would have been said.

Old 07-19-2019, 04:19 PM

16,255 posts, read 18,756,943 times
Here is my take on this and I want to unpack her situation. First off is that I want to say is this. If you are minority like a gay persons, a black person, or an Asian, and you have wrong think ideas. The Sjw/intersectional mobs that control academia, journalism, entertainment, media, publishing and social media, will come after you and hunt you down faster than hunting down a white supremacist. The white person who has wrong think will survive another day, but a minority with wrong think, good luck finding a job. The Sjw mob will quickly condemn, excommunicate or purge a minority with wrong think ideas, even if a minority or protected group said something wrong years ago.

As I unpack this. The woman was in her right to express her views and her opinion and what she wants as a woman. She is free to do so. Speaking about black people, even as a minority myself and a POC, I can not speak for black people or on behalf due to the fact that I'm not a black American even though I am black. I don't have that privilege. On the left only black folks can speak about the realities of black folks either regardless of a black persons political thoughts or affiliation. One thing I don't understand is the hijab. I understand that the beauty pageant wants to represent diversity due to Michigan having a high number of Muslim Americans. The big problem with the left is that even though Zhu would wear or a dorne an hijab. The sjw mob will call out the beauty pageant and Zhu for cultural appropriation. And thus will be forced to loose her crown eventually by the request of SJW mob. Either way, refusing her accepting to wear an hijab, the model would have been screwed any way.

Old 07-19-2019, 04:19 PM

30,222 posts, read 16,697,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The Left has wrapped Asians into "White" people now, so of course they an not be recognized for anything. Have to be Black, Muslim, LGBT, and express only FAR LEFT views.
Seems to me that you're the one obsessed with race. And you're not part of 'The left' either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies