U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2019, 04:54 PM

19,955 posts, read 14,781,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
She's considered a racist for refusing to "try on" a symbol of oppression, the hijab, on "World Hijab Day."

Big surprise.

Wake up, sheeple.
"World Hijab day" really? I thought this was some made up sheet? What next " Female Genital Mutilation day" like the entire country of Somalia does
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2019, 06:20 PM

6,782 posts, read 1,421,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
The big problem with the left is that even though Zhu would wear or a dorne an hijab. The sjw mob will call out the beauty pageant and Zhu for cultural appropriation. And thus will be forced to loose her crown eventually by the request of SJW mob. Either way, refusing her accepting to wear an hijab, the model would have been screwed any way.
Thanks for pointing that out! I would love to have the SJWs explain how they can have it both ways!

Old 07-19-2019, 06:36 PM

11,874 posts, read 6,357,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
How does one shout an abortion? And I bet if she had a political point on abortion, the result would have been the same. The sponsors do not want anyone representing them being political and it was likely part of the contract. THINK!!!
For the record I did NOT mean to provide a reputation point for this post. If she shouted an abortion shed be praised and probably paid judging by how left-wing corporate America is becoming on the issue, choosing to boycott states that date support the life of the unborn.

Old 07-19-2019, 06:51 PM

19,955 posts, read 14,781,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Thanks for pointing that out! I would love to have the SJWs explain how they can have it both ways!
Oh, they can have it both ways. They can have freedom from religion, then force someone to wear a religous headress, which is Mandated in many Islamic Republics, as a sign of subservience to Mohammad. Of course our supposed Liberals are all for this It really is insane how far the Left in this country has gone.

Old 07-20-2019, 02:23 AM

7,775 posts, read 2,481,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Here is my take on this and I want to unpack her situation. First off is that I want to say is this. If you are minority like a gay persons, a black person, or an Asian, and you have wrong think ideas. The Sjw/intersectional mobs that control academia, journalism, entertainment, media, publishing and social media, will come after you and hunt you down faster than hunting down a white supremacist. The white person who has wrong think will survive another day, but a minority with wrong think, good luck finding a job. The Sjw mob will quickly condemn, excommunicate or purge a minority with wrong think ideas, even if a minority or protected group said something wrong years ago.

As I unpack this. The woman was in her right to express her views and her opinion and what she wants as a woman. She is free to do so. Speaking about black people, even as a minority myself and a POC, I can not speak for black people or on behalf due to the fact that I'm not a black American even though I am black. I don't have that privilege. On the left only black folks can speak about the realities of black folks either regardless of a black persons political thoughts or affiliation. One thing I don't understand is the hijab. I understand that the beauty pageant wants to represent diversity due to Michigan having a high number of Muslim Americans. The big problem with the left is that even though Zhu would wear or a dorne an hijab. The sjw mob will call out the beauty pageant and Zhu for cultural appropriation. And thus will be forced to loose her crown eventually by the request of SJW mob. Either way, refusing her accepting to wear an hijab, the model would have been screwed any way.
The issue wasn’t her refusing to wear hijab. The issue was her taking a picture of the student group setup and then going on social media accusing them of trying to get women accustomed to “oppression.”

She attacked the student group and now wants to cry about it because it came back to bite her.

Old 07-26-2019, 11:43 PM

17,409 posts, read 10,298,564 times
good for her!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ex-miss-m...200454676.html

Quote:
A pageant queen crowned Miss Michigan then dethroned the next day for offensive social media posts about black people and Muslims has now joined an arm of President Donald Trump’s reelection campaign.

Old 07-27-2019, 03:10 AM

6,920 posts, read 6,235,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
I just want to know how she won a pageant with those horse teeth.
First thing I thought of is that Mr. Magoo got banned from TV for that sort of thing.

Old 07-27-2019, 03:18 AM

50,952 posts, read 26,873,157 times
Meh. She’ll live.

Old 07-27-2019, 04:04 AM

2,243 posts, read 720,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Honestly though, women in that business really aren’t at liberty to express political opinions.
Sure they are, as long as those political opinions are anti-Trump.

Old 07-27-2019, 04:05 AM

3,228 posts, read 1,709,928 times
She went from someone that almost no one outside of Michigan knew about to someone that is now become a story outside her state. I think she will be just fine. In the end she will be better off for standing up for her values.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies