Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2019, 04:08 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,511,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
An attractive women. Were I a younger man and had a ghost of a chance, I might at least act like I liked Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2019, 05:53 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,913,300 times
The left in the USA is not just a few people on the extreme left. It is quite large and a force in all areas of society. They now run the educational portion, and thats a big problem for the future. They are also completely intollerant of competing ideas. Be warned. They want to own you.

Old 07-27-2019, 06:02 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,726,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
It is a private organization, aren't they allowed to distance themselves from someone who works for them?

Vanessa Williams got fired from Miss America because some one took nude photos of her many years earlier. She landed on her feet and has had quite the career. Ms. Zhu has tried to make a career or public commentary, unfortunately sometimes that can be controversial and not all brands want to be associated with that as clearly stated in her CONTRACT. They feel she violated that contract.

Now we can debate whether or not those sorts of contractual clauses should exist, is that what you would like tto do?

BTW, she said she was fired for "not trying on a hijab" and that being "islamophobic" was mentioned in the letter by the organizer letting her go. That isn't true. She posted the emails stating she was let go and the word islamophobic never appears nor does not trying on a hijab get mentioned in the letters or texts except when she brings them up.

Old 07-27-2019, 06:26 AM

23,541 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Honesty is now racism? Okay...
Racist is now what liberals call republicans and independents or anyone who disagrees or wishes to express opposing views.

wonder why charges of racism are not taken seriously?????

Old 07-27-2019, 06:35 AM

159 posts, read 61,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
She went from someone that almost no one outside of Michigan knew about to someone that is now become a story outside her state. I think she will be just fine. In the end she will be better off for standing up for her values.
She will be fine. I agree. These types of stories only last for a month, and those who are victimized in the name of social justice, woke or by some moral panic will move on to other things in life. I just hope that zhu does not fall into far right echo chamber due to what happened to her just like many others who are fired or having thier career tarnish for thought crimes. This story will die down as the social justice culture moves on to other targets in order to to destroy people's so called livelihood. People will need to be careful these days. Everyone is walking on eggshells.

Old 07-27-2019, 06:47 AM

4,272 posts, read 3,787,082 times
Quote:
She sounds like a women who could get her boyfriend beaten up in a biker bar.

It's alright to have an opinion, just be smart about expressing it.

Obviously, tact is not judged as a character trait in Miss USA pagents.

Old 07-27-2019, 06:48 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,380,063 times
Lesson: Don't endorse or support a candidate unless the said candidate is a Democrat. This is the same reason I don't put a Trump sign in my yard - I'm concerned violent Democrats will destroy my yard.

Old 07-27-2019, 07:57 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times
Quote:

Ssssshhhhhhhhhh.......be very quiet! Listen. Can you hear that sound? Doesn't that sound like a "VICTIM" whining in the wind?

I thought only "libs" had a victim mentality. Now is the time for her to pull herself up by her bootstraps. Her personal responsibility should have protected her from being victimized. She needs to stop blaming others for HER actions.

That is the problem with conservatives. They make people think they are victims and creates an entitlement mentality. They feel they should be entitled to be and do racist things.....otherwise....when they suffer for it....their "victims"...lol

I usually listen to comedy on XM in the mornings. However, I think am going to start reading more conservative posts because they are a lot funnier. You can't make this stuff up. "That's gold Jerry"

Hey....I see you conservatives have taken your "Victimins" this morning....lol....get it.....victimins....like vitamins .....that's gold Jerry!.....feel free to use that line on some "lib". Hypocrisy is hilarious. It's all tragedy and timing.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 07-27-2019 at 08:12 AM..

Old 07-27-2019, 08:01 AM

9,372 posts, read 6,973,951 times
I bet she's a hit at the alt right parties.

Old 07-27-2019, 04:05 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,319,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Honesty is now racism? Okay...
Nope, racism is racism.

And being anti Muslim and anti black is a perfect fit for the Trump re election campaign which she is now joining

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ex-miss...pped-of-title/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies