U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Today, 01:51 PM
 
Location: Texas
26,774 posts, read 11,241,401 times
Reputation: 6156

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
If I get a speeding ticket it stays on my driving record, and insurance, for 3 years....even though I have not speed and yet get penalized and treated as a speeder after the fact. If I defaulted on a loan, had late payments, had an eviction.....I don't get the benefit of the doubt long after I have cleaned up my act. Yet, 300 plus years of documented proven racist actions and laws against blacks......blacks are expected to give whites a 750 credit score when it comes to racial issues. It's nonsensical, after 350 years of racism, for blacks to think such acts could be.....motivated/influenced by race. Had it happened to any other race.....they would clearly behave differently.
Good to see your racism out in the open as you make things up. If you want to know why life is so tough for you, look in the mirror and own your own mistakes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
II also love how so many white people know that the actions of another white person, who they never met, is not racism. They don't do identity politics, of course, but they can identify with the white person enough to know that there is not a racist bone in their body. They can vouch for the accused, of course, by arguing how they are not racist and therefore....that means others are not either. Maybe they are not vouching for the white guy as much as they just don't trust black people and their character.....meaning that the black person MUST have done something to deserve that treatment and hence need the WHOLE STORY.
I love how you falsely play the race card and think AUTOMATICALLY racism was involved. Sleazy and bigoted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Today, 01:53 PM
 
Location: Suburb of Chicago
20,824 posts, read 10,088,104 times
Reputation: 20259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
If I get a speeding ticket it stays on my driving record, and insurance, for 3 years....even though I have not speed and yet get penalized and treated as a speeder after the fact. If I defaulted on a loan, had late payments, had an eviction.....I don't get the benefit of the doubt long after I have cleaned up my act. Yet, 300 plus years of documented proven racist actions and laws against blacks......blacks are expected to give whites a 750 credit score when it comes to racial issues. It's nonsensical, after 350 years of racism, for blacks to think such acts could be.....motivated/influenced by race. Had it happened to any other race.....they would clearly behave differently.


I also love how so many white people know that the actions of another white person, who they never met, is not racism. They don't do identity politics, of course, but they can identify with the white person enough to know that there is not a racist bone in their body. They can vouch for the accused, of course, by arguing how they are not racist and therefore....that means others are not either. Maybe they are not vouching for the white guy as much as they just don't trust black people and their character.....meaning that the black person MUST have done something to deserve that treatment and hence need the WHOLE STORY.
I love how black people assume everything is racism even though they've never met the people in question.

The cop violated the law and Barney Fife overreacted. Not everything is about race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 01:54 PM
 
13,628 posts, read 7,437,714 times
Reputation: 12508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
So the officer falsely plays the race card in hopes of getting sympathy. What a piece of garbage. Now he knows exactly how the public feels when cops pull the same thing on others.
I wish I was in court when the security guard gets dressed down. He deserves it.
Hes not looking for sympathy. He (and his wife) is looking for a fat payout.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 01:56 PM
 
13,628 posts, read 7,437,714 times
Reputation: 12508
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I love how black people assume everything is racism even though they've never met the people in question.

The cop violated the law and Barney Fife overreacted. Not everything is about race.
Barney Fife is an apt analogy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 01:59 PM
 
9,644 posts, read 4,617,014 times
Reputation: 5481
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I don't know what all happened. Like I said, not a fan of rental security in this situation. Did the officer cause an issue?
IRS and Social Security offices use rent-a-cops. Most are retired police officers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 02:05 PM
Status: "Disagreeing is not the same thing as trolling." (set 18 days ago)
 
Location: Texas
9,670 posts, read 3,694,065 times
Reputation: 19798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Funny to hear Leftists defend a cops right to be somewhere with a gun while they support businesses that throw cops out just for being there.
Nope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 02:56 PM
 
9,955 posts, read 6,895,883 times
Reputation: 4221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Good to see your racism out in the open as you make things up. If you want to know why life is so tough for you, look in the mirror and own your own mistakes.

What did I make up....the part about how if I am guilty of something in the past....that society penalizes me in the present by assuming that I am still that way? Did I make up the part about white society being racist and treating blacks as inferior for over 300 years? Did I make up the part about whites vouching for other whites not being racist....despite not knowing and having never met them? Did I make up the part about conservatives who like to accuse liberals of identity politics....yet....these same white conservatives identify other whites, despite not knowing them, as not racist and not motivated by race? What exactly was I making up? I know....I know....its all boils down to the number of black single parent households....right?. Yeah.....I am a racist because I point out things about racism.....kind of like pointing out someones lies makes them also liars. Then you complain about the over-saturation of the use of the term "racism" to the point of it being meaningless.....when you are guilty of it.

Quote:
I love how you falsely play the race card and think AUTOMATICALLY racism was involved. Sleazy and bigoted.
History gives black people a reason to assume racism....just like history gives Equifax, Trans Union and Experian judge people today based upon their behavior in the past....and just like insurance actuaries judge that teenage boys are a high risk, today, based upon the behavior of teenage boys in the past....despite a particular teenage boy having never had an accident.....his rates are higher. Ergo, its the NORM, when something is unknown, to base things on what WAS KNOWN. Well....its the norm until black people do it. Then it's seen as some sort of "defect".....because, of course, the nature of blacks is "defective" in the minds of such people. When you are seen as a "defective" people....even if you do what everyone else does....when you do it it is seen as defective.

That have been said....what is the reason whites are always jumping in to defend other whites who are called out as racist? You don't know Trump....but I have bet at some time you have defended him from the claim of being racist. If not you, millions of other white folks have....despite never having met the man. What forms the bases of such assumptions, given that you know the history of racism of whites in this nation just like blacks do? Do you base your assumption on the fact that you are not racist....and you represents whites? Is that not identity politics? Is that not the fallacy of composition? I think that its probably not so much that whites can vouch for the other white guy as much as it is that whites have so little respect for the character of black people that they feel the black person must have been at fault somehow...but that part was left out the story or video.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; Today at 03:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 03:04 PM
Status: "This space for rent." (set 3 days ago)
 
Location: Columbia, SC
7,359 posts, read 4,465,547 times
Reputation: 8871
I used be a security guard and many of them can be rather frightening. First of all, there was almost no training with the company I worked for. Training seemed to mostly be the lowest amount possible to make it look good on paper. Only a few of the security officers at my firm were retired LEOs. Most were LEo wannabes. Some had been refused as cops. Many thought they were Rambos. One guard at my agency scared a driver at a check point at the HOA, that the driver drove away to do a u-turn and the wanna be cop started shooting at the tires! Nothing a security guard might do would surprise me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 03:23 PM
 
Location: Boston
7,974 posts, read 2,312,383 times
Reputation: 5671
Cops can't carry their weapons in lots of places. Once the cop saw the sign prohibiting him from bringing his weapon into the building, or was told he was not allowed in the building with his weapon he should of asked if they had a gun locker there so he could lock his weapon in -- and if not -- left, and come back out of uniform without his weapon. This isn't rocket science. Security guy overreacted, both need training. Otherwise, it's a nothing story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 03:24 PM
 
Location: Boston
7,974 posts, read 2,312,383 times
Reputation: 5671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
What did I make up....the part about how if I am guilty of something in the past....that society penalizes me in the present by assuming that I am still that way? Did I make up the part about white society being racist and treating blacks as inferior for over 300 years? Did I make up the part about whites vouching for other whites not being racist....despite not knowing and having never met them? Did I make up the part about conservatives who like to accuse liberals of identity politics....yet....these same white conservatives identify other whites, despite not knowing them, as not racist and not motivated by race? What exactly was I making up? I know....I know....its all boils down to the number of black single parent households....right?. Yeah.....I am a racist because I point out things about racism.....kind of like pointing out someones lies makes them also liars. Then you complain about the over-saturation of the use of the term "racism" to the point of it being meaningless.....when you are guilty of it.

History gives black people a reason to assume racism....just like history gives Equifax, Trans Union and Experian judge people today based upon their behavior in the past....and just like insurance actuaries judge that teenage boys are a high risk, today, based upon the behavior of teenage boys in the past....despite a particular teenage boy having never had an accident.....his rates are higher. Ergo, its the NORM, when something is unknown, to base things on what WAS KNOWN. Well....its the norm until black people do it. Then it's seen as some sort of "defect".....because, of course, the nature of blacks is "defective" in the minds of such people. When you are seen as a "defective" people....even if you do what everyone else does....when you do it it is seen as defective.

That have been said....what is the reason whites are always jumping in to defend other whites who are called out as racist? You don't know Trump....but I have bet at some time you have defended him from the claim of being racist. If not you, millions of other white folks have....despite never having met the man. What forms the bases of such assumptions, given that you know the history of racism of whites in this nation just like blacks do? Do you base your assumption on the fact that you are not racist....and you represents whites? Is that not identity politics? Is that not the fallacy of composition? I think that its probably not so much that whites can vouch for the other white guy as much as it is that whites have so little respect for the character of black people that they feel the black person must have been at fault somehow...but that part was left out the story or video.
must be tough walking around with that chip on your shoulder 24/7.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top