U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-19-2019, 11:59 AM
 
Location: So Cal
40,573 posts, read 40,080,802 times
Reputation: 41987

Advertisements

I'm not a Bernie guy, but in the interest of being honest, maybe he wasn't fully aware of the situation, I don't know. His job is to go around with his cheap ill fitting suits and sloppy looking hair and bloviate to the crowds , I don't know how much of the nitty gritty details these guys get into.

Does the salary for his campaign staff come out of the campaign finance donation "bucket?" It's not his direct money and as I understand it everything has to be accounted for if it's campaign money.

Not sure if he's not footing the bill directly why he'd have a fuss about paying the 15 bucks an hour. As I understand it whatever money that is not used is supposed to be turned back over to the donors??? Maybe I'm wrong I don't know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-19-2019, 03:58 PM
 
Location: Austin
29,557 posts, read 16,529,884 times
Reputation: 8095
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Sanders bill wouldn't pay $15 and hour for many more years. His campaign workers are paid a salary of $36,000. You do the math.
The article did that for us. They don't make $15 per hour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2019, 04:09 PM
 
79,555 posts, read 33,778,246 times
Reputation: 15971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
The article did that for us. They don't make $15 per hour.
And? There is no point to be made here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2019, 04:12 PM
 
1,216 posts, read 259,853 times
Reputation: 1828
Bernard "3-homes" Sanders could sell one of his 3 homes in order to pay his staff $15 an hour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2019, 04:43 PM
 
1,112 posts, read 209,997 times
Reputation: 774
Right wing lunacy at it again..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2019, 04:44 PM
 
Location: Middle of the Pacific Ocean
11,810 posts, read 6,336,646 times
Reputation: 11619
Another leftist who wants what's good for thee, but not for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2019, 04:47 PM
 
1,893 posts, read 3,143,125 times
Reputation: 2502
Bernie is the classic marxist career politician who never had a real job, and made every penny he has in politics off the tax payers. If Bernie ever got hold of a business he would run into the ground in weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2019, 04:48 PM
 
888 posts, read 182,662 times
Reputation: 1407
But these are not hourly workers. They are salaried workers. Everyone knows salaried workers get paid for 40 and don't get overtime.

With that said they are making $18.75/hour for a 40 hour week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2019, 04:49 PM
 
Location: Pennsylvania
12,654 posts, read 4,270,938 times
Reputation: 9963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm not a Bernie guy, but in the interest of being honest, maybe he wasn't fully aware of the situation, I don't know. His job is to go around with his cheap ill fitting suits and sloppy looking hair and bloviate to the crowds , I don't know how much of the nitty gritty details these guys get into.

Does the salary for his campaign staff come out of the campaign finance donation "bucket?" It's not his direct money and as I understand it everything has to be accounted for if it's campaign money.

Not sure if he's not footing the bill directly why he'd have a fuss about paying the 15 bucks an hour. As I understand it whatever money that is not used is supposed to be turned back over to the donors??? Maybe I'm wrong I don't know.
Uh, it's his job to get into the details. That's what a president is supposed to be doing, and he can start with his own life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2019, 04:51 PM
 
Location: Pennsylvania
12,654 posts, read 4,270,938 times
Reputation: 9963
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Bernard "3-homes" Sanders could sell one of his 3 homes in order to pay his staff $15 an hour.
That's the bottom line here. I don't think Bernie is the worst guy ever, but he is certainly not practicing what he preaches. Warren Buffett owns just one home. Think about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top