U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-19-2019, 04:55 PM
 
888 posts, read 182,662 times
Reputation: 1407

Advertisements

Bernie does pay his hourly workers $15/hour.

Here's a job description for an hourly worker.
Those campaign staffers are salaried workers, not hourly wage workers

https://boards.greenhouse.io/bernie2020/jobs/4263816002
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-19-2019, 05:42 PM
 
27,098 posts, read 9,186,109 times
Reputation: 9443
Its so delicious to watch these leftist loons who have never run anything but their mouth try to comply with their own BS ideas !!!
Its like eating two large pizzas and not putting on a pound !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2019, 06:20 PM
 
1,320 posts, read 300,752 times
Reputation: 1556
So Bernie's answer was to lower the hours people work but not pay them any more. LOL. What a colossal hypocrite. He wants to socialize everyone's hard earned money but his own. Bernie is a relic of a bygone Soviet era, and he's about as fossilized as his never-ending communist platitudes. Socialists never walk the walk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2019, 06:23 PM
 
888 posts, read 182,662 times
Reputation: 1407
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
So Bernie's answer was to lower the hours people work but not pay them any more. LOL. What a colossal hypocrite. He wants to socialize everyone's hard earned money but his own. Bernie is a relic of a bygone Soviet era, and he's about as fossilized as his never-ending communist platitudes. Socialists never walk the walk.
He does pay the hourly workers $15/hour only these ones complaining aren't hourly workers.
They are salaried.

These staffers get an annual salary with benefits such as health/dental/vision insurance, sick time, vacation time.

The hourly workers only get their $15/per hour anywhere from 20-40 hours a week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2019, 06:44 PM
 
19,400 posts, read 12,289,084 times
Reputation: 10630
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Another phony limousine liberal. Who would have ever thought?



https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.b5b77dbb5b36
Liberalism- rules for thee, not for me.

Being a totalitarian movement in which elites enslave the masses. It is not surprising that the oligarchs are all libs,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2019, 06:59 PM
 
1,320 posts, read 300,752 times
Reputation: 1556
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
He does pay the hourly workers $15/hour only these ones complaining aren't hourly workers.
They are salaried.

These staffers get an annual salary with benefits such as health/dental/vision insurance, sick time, vacation time.

The hourly workers only get their $15/per hour anywhere from 20-40 hours a week.
Yeah, wouldn't want those hourly workers to get full time hours, now would we. Can't have them qualifying for benefits. Doesn't sound like income equality to me. Sounds like hypocrisy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2019, 07:06 PM
 
1,829 posts, read 463,042 times
Reputation: 1647
Minimum wage adjusted for inflation was $20 an hour in the 1960ís.

Republicans want to keep it at $7.25 an hour!

Vote low wages, vote Republican!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2019, 07:10 PM
 
1,061 posts, read 395,190 times
Reputation: 1795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Minimum wage adjusted for inflation was $20 an hour in the 1960’s.

Republicans want to keep it at $7.25 an hour!

Vote low wages, vote Republican!

Really?


A SIMPLE search on the internet for "inflation adjusted minimum wage" reveals THIS:


In the year 1960, the United States minimum wage was $1.00.
This is equivalent to $8.55 in 2019 dollars.
(https://www.dollartimes.com/inflatio...s-minimum-wage)


Just more fake news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2019, 07:20 PM
 
1,829 posts, read 463,042 times
Reputation: 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
Really?


A SIMPLE search on the internet for "inflation adjusted minimum wage" reveals THIS:


In the year 1960, the United States minimum wage was $1.00.
This is equivalent to $8.55 in 2019 dollars.
(https://www.dollartimes.com/inflatio...s-minimum-wage)


Just more fake news.
Not if itís tied to productivity.
http://cepr.net/documents/publicatio...e1-2012-03.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2019, 08:15 PM
 
Location: Barrington
46,071 posts, read 34,157,927 times
Reputation: 15374
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
They are unionized ?
Indeed they are. The first and wonít be the last.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top